• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TeenMindBlaster presents Suffolk Brawl (Long Island, NY) - Saturday September 6th

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Hey guys.

Nassau County always seems to be the center for Smash tournaments on Long Island, so we're going to try to have one for the Suffolk folks.

TeenMindBlaster in Deer Park located at

770-8 Grand Blvd. Deer Park, NY 11729 (across from Stop and Shop, behind the 7-11)

is going to allow me to hold a tournament there. It will be Saturday September 6th, with a start time of 12 PM (Signups around 11 AM).

At this point, I don't think a rule set needs to be posted in a tournament listing - We all know how to counter pick, and if someone has a lapse, between myself, Ryan and Al_P, I'm sure we can jog your memory. I will post a stagelist, just so that anyone who isn't aware of Brawl's lack of decent stages can see what we're working with:

Neutral/Random Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Delfino Island

Counterpicks available:
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

We will likely need Wiis with everything unlocked, as we can't hotswap memory cards like we could with Melee. I still need to discuss pricing with the owner, but I think we'll go with $10 for singles, $10 per team for doubles (If that's too low, let me know). If you provide a Wii with everything unlocked and a copy of Brawl, we'll wave your singles fee. The Wii-providing will be first volunteer, first served - Can't have everyone getting in for free, now can we? Please PM me here on smashboards to let me know if you're bringing one...remember, the more set ups we have, the faster we can get this done.

I will expand on this a bit, but as for people that will be showing up to play, so far we've got:
Myself
Darkest
Alejandro_P
Ryan
Dmon

Considering it's in Deer Park, I can think of a few more people that practically have to show up, as well as a few tournament first timers I'll be bringing myself.

If we get a good turn out, we might be able to spin this into a monthly or at every other month, which would be nice to have as an alternative to the Game Table.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
It's actually pretty close to the train station.

I'll assume you're coming from NYC:
From Penn, head to Deer Park station (I think it's the Ronkonkoma line, but you should double check before you hop on, lol).

Leave the train station on the parking lot side (the street is Long Island Ave) and make a left. Follow that up/around the curve to the light, make a left and then head to Grand Blvd (Next light). Make a left onto Grand and you'll see the large yellow banner for Teen Mind Blaster.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Cerpin, I was waiting on your response, TBQH.

Do me a favor and list your and everyone else's tags so I can keep that list up top semi-accurate.

Good to hear, Malcolm.

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
TeenMindBlaster is a store in the parking lot of my old job Ace Hardware and is like 3 minutes from my house... looks like im going to this

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
TeenMindBlaster is a store in the parking lot of my old job Ace Hardware and is like 3 minutes from my house... looks like im going to this
If you and your crew don't show up to this, I'm going to haunt your dreams...

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
I'll be really rusty since I would not have played since the 21st of August (I'm going to be out of the country for nine days.) but I'll try my best to attend this.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Bringing this up from the bottom...we have a handful of good players coming, be a shame if we don't get a good enough head count to warrant a repeat.

Battlewoundz

Smash Cadet
I wanna come, but I am new to the competitive scene in smash. So I figure to get better I need to play with kids who are better than me. But to be honest I dont really know what counter picking stages means. So would this be good for me to come and learn stuff.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Update for you guys:

I have not heard back from Paul (the guy who runs TeenMindBlaster) in like a week and a half.

I emailed them a couple times, but if I don't hear back from them by Wednesday, I think we'll have to consider this canceled; I don't want 30 people showing up, some having to take the train to get there, only to be turned away.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Alright folks...it is now Wednesday.

I have not heard word one from anyone at the location.

Consider this on indefinite hold; I'd still like to try to put one on at some point, but it seems instead of a last hurrah for summer, we'll end up with a fall Brawl. I apologize whole-heartedly for the cancellation :(

I would, however, like to encourage all of you to go to Castle Golf on the 13th - The last Brawl tournament there had a great turnout, despite a couple people doing their ****dest to ruin it for all involved.

Any further questions, please feel free to PM or IM me (info is in my profile).

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Alright folks...it is now Wednesday.

I have not heard word one from anyone at the location.

Consider this on indefinite hold; I'd still like to try to put one on at some point, but it seems instead of a last hurrah for summer, we'll end up with a fall Brawl. I apologize whole-heartedly for the cancellation :(

I would, however, like to encourage all of you to go to Castle Golf on the 13th - The last Brawl tournament there had a great turnout, despite a couple people doing their ****dest to ruin it for all involved.

Any further questions, please feel free to PM or IM me (info is in my profile).
AND I JUST CANT PULL MYSELF AWAY UNDER HER SPELL I CANT BREAK I JUST CANT STOP I JUST CANT STOP I JUST CANT STOP I JUST CANT STOP

:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:a

Top Bottom