• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
"God, am I serious?" you must think when you spot this thread but I made a search and nothing like this seems to have been discussed before so why not?

Lets get to the point. What if the TMNT appeared in Brawl? How would YOUR reaction be? Would it be nostalgic or would it be the "oh, my god, please" reaction? I'm not sure that many here want to put up a serious discussion here about the Turtles chances of appearence in Brawl (of quite clear reasons) but it may actually be possible. We have had many Turtles-games for Nintendo-consoles before and they're actually getting a whole new movie by this time. But the odds speaks against the Turtles, I must say. After all, they're four. Why make place for four almost very same characters? Well, I thought that this was worth a discussion but I really don't hope that they show up. I mean, please... :psycho:

EDIT: But maybe it was a reason that this never came to be discussed? Oh, well, I think it's worth a try.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, since the bros got there start on Nintendo, but adding them to the roster is asking a bit too much cuz. Plus, there are only 2 more third party spots left, and I would want to see the third party characters that are on high demand (Megaman, Sonic, Zero, etc.) rather than seeing Nintendo to take a gamble and add a character or 2 to the roster; this is more likely to blow up in Nintendo's face if they do this if ya know what I'm sayin.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
they didnt originate from a nintendo game. impossible. And if they did come from a nintendo game and appeared in Nintendo would be dead, and they know this.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Comic books from the 80s. That's the TMNT origin. Not until they were a phenomenon all around the world and in toys and in cartoons did they come out with games about them.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I didn't know they had a comic book. I don't really think the turtles would make it. It wouldn't be fair to add just one, and all four would be too many for third party. Never let hope die though.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If one of them made it, then I would like to see there arch-nemesis "The Shredder" as well. Still, even though they are retro and everything, I don't think Sakurai is gonna add any of them to Brawl. *sigh* Maybe in our dreams perhaps.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
If one of them made it, then I would like to see there arch-nemesis "The Shredder" as well. Still, even though they are retro and everything, I don't think Sakurai is gonna add any of them to Brawl. *sigh* Maybe in our dreams perhaps.
not in my dreams, that would be just plain stupid, having THEM in.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
they didnt originate from a nintendo game. impossible. And if they did come from a nintendo game and appeared in Nintendo would be dead, and they know this.
No, I never said that they originated from a Nintendo-game. But they have starred in many.

These are some examples.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Well besides the fact that in order to smash, they must originally be videogame characters, the turtles are not that bad of an idea. Personally, my nostalgia meter would be through the roof, but yeah, they're clearly against the rules, so it won't happen.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^Yep, yep.

I think they would have a chance to be on Smash Bros. if, and only if Konami comes out wtih a TMNT game on the Wii. Then again you have to remember that Sakurai and his development team may have already finallized the character roster.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I disagree with this tread shoot noway is the turtles going to be in this game. This will kill the game, if you can just put any body in it. There is a limit.

ps tmnt is an awsome team and they are awsome just not here. Did you notice on the secound box that Andromeda had it says heros. :093:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Yeah the brits thought that the term "ninja" would be too violent for kids.

...So they changed it to hero.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I tried explaining that earlier, meta. Logic doesn't work on the turtle crowd... and as they get hauled off in straight jackets, they'll be clamoring about Turtle Power and such.

They're lost. :(

On a side note, remember the original SSB commercials? They were using music by DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN The Turtles!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
They aren't getting in case closed. Even though I'm probably going to see the movie on them you know "TMNT" they just don't seem to fit in to brawl.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ninja Turtles have an effective 0% chance. It's not 1%, it's not even 0.1%, they absolutely will not be appearing in this game, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom