• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Techno's Freaking Amazing Falco Guide

technomancer

Smash Champion
Mark is ups by request but I don't know how many more matchups I'll be doing. Here's the rundown:

Falcon: Combo combo combo combo combo
Ganon: Combo combo combo combo spike
Slow Characters: Laser laser laser combo spike
Bowser: Lol don't even ask for advice about bowser, just don't miss and you'll be fine, he's not hard to hit.
Low Tiers: Don't get grabbed, pay attention they are usually pretty good against spacies if they are playing low tier in tournament
Ice Climbers: Lol, don't get grabbed, 2 sets of shield stun, don't get downsmashed, grab and throw quickly, ALWAYS WATCH WHAT POPO IS DOING and watch out for Chu's Nana
Jiggz: Pick a new character

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
Jiggz?

Against Falco?

One Time offstage und youre dead, only fastfalling undpredicted jumos help there ...

I often play against a Jiggz, and also prefer to pick CF ort Marth, but Falco can Laser Spam, and some Shine, uair, bair thnigies to...

A-Laon

Smash Master
Jiggs:

If they're aggressive aerial-priority walling wh0res, retreat with rshls and once you land a hit immediately turn back and put the pressure on them. Combo, combo, combo, bair / dtilt.

If they're defensive multi-jumping evading pu$$ies, approach as normal, wait for them to make their idiotic and predictable counter-attack, evade, and own them. Combo, combo, combo, bair / dtilt... again.

Don't get grabbed or hit out of your second jump. Game is yours.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I think the official status is "done but I might update it if something is bothering me". I still have to sweep for typos.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Beating Sheik is a matter of not getting edgeguarded; Falco's combo game is awesome against her. Master those platform Dair combos for the win. Falcon you really just have to have fast reactions and make good decisions and use your speed and priority to keep him off you, and once you have him, like Fox, give him what's for. Edgeguarding Falcon is easy, you have days to hog the ledge then you can back-air him pretty much indefinately.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Falcon matchup is up. Shiek tidbits are in there and around, don't think I'm going to do her (sorry Laijin). Check Forward's thread for a great description of the Sheik matchup (also with amazing diagrams, I think amazing diagrams are required for a Falco guide).

RICO SUAVE

Smash Rookie
Awesome guide.

Can you expand on the part where you said: "Generally, however, I recommend mixing up fthrow to laser and backthrow to laser traps. If they miss a DI on a backthrow at the wrong percent you can just forward smash them. Forward does this all the time, and it's beyond gay and yes, this does work on everyone."?

Are you talking about mixing between fthrow shl and bthrow reverse shl, using fsmash instead if they DI incorrectly?

Also, I don't know if it's just me but your Hugs vs PC link is broken.

technomancer

Smash Champion
roger that I'll fix it.

Basically the fthrow/bthrow thing is just mindgames. I don't recommend Fthrow->laser or Bthrow->laser just standing there, because (and you'll see if you try it), it's just not fast enough. You can reverse dashing SHL away from them and set yourself up safely, or you can just run up and grab them again (fthrow only against floaties, bthrow works on spacies too), or you can SHFFL a Dair or Nair twoards them starting at higher percentages, or, and this is my favorite, just sit there for a second and watch them squirm.

Backthrow to Fsmash works if they DI towards you, which alot of players do by reflex.

On that same subject, I've been using downthrow and upthrow alot more and it's working out well, just need to be a decent guesser. Uthrow to spike at the edge is broked.

Top Bottom