• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Techniques/Stuff

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
that I like to do.

If my opponent is pursuing me in the air pluck a banana (facing away from my opponent so that the banana lands towards him) and Z drop one that is in my hand. if they try to sandwich in between the two nanas i can bair, fair FF up air or they can hit the two other bananas or catch the bananas or airdodge the aerial. All options allow me to reach the ground safely and reset my spacing/position.

After getting hit off stage, B reverse pop gun cancel to face away from the stage and pluck a banana. Sometimes I grab it, sometimes I don't. I mix it up so my opponent can't punish me easily. if they go for it and you still have your jump you can attempt to spike them, but be real careful. If i have a banana in my hand already and don't need to DI with it. I pluck then throw it up. It kinda guarantees that ill make it back on stage no problem.

Z drop above the opponent to Diddy hump. if they spotdodge, im sure the didy hump gets them if they get hit and trip the diddy hump still gets them , but a grab works much better, and if they shield you can diddy hump. Or Side b to z drop. If you barely miss a side b because your spacing gets missed up, just jump after you miss it instead of doing a kick and zdrop the banana and DI the direction opposite of which you diddy humped in order to not get punished.

Z drop to instant throw. It's a pretty good way to trick your opponent. Since people already rarely regularly throw bananas and two different ounds are made from Z drop and instant throw, it might catch your opponent off guard. Ive also seen Count do z drop to glidetoss and get a few people with that.

I wanted to write more, but I forget exactly what I was gonna write. Maybe ill refresh my memory and edit this post.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I like using bananas in my edge guard a lot. Plucking one so it falls just off the edge is great for vertical recovery, if they get hit by the first one sometimes i will just continue plucking if they stay below, either way it makes it harder for them to recover. I also will ALWAYS keep a banana in the air while they are off the stage. I will normally up throw a banana once they start getting closer, and the whole time that they are on the edge and trying to figure out how to get up, I keep a banana in the air. Just constant GT bananas upwards while watching your opponent to see how he reacts. I like it because they will definitely hesitate to jump of the ledge. Even if they just roll or attack up, they will still have to avoid it while it falls, if you keep 2 in the air, then you can just wait until one hits and throw them back out there. I LOVE putting bananas up in the air by the edge, I think it gives great punish opportunities.

Count

Smash Champion
This topic should get more attention. yoshididdy is amazing he just never goes to tournaments. There's a lot of good stuff here that nobody is listening too just because he is inactive. This stuff is actually really, really good and everyone should at least experiment on implementing it into your game, even if its not completely implemented...just see what fits your style.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think people should use more popgun cancels. I think that this move has alot of potential and is not being put to full use

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I like to do the second one a lot (plucking bananas towards the stage when offstage), it's actually pretty useful and seems to make Diddy considerably safer in some situations. Z-drop to instant throw also sounds really good — actually all of these sound like really good mix-ups. It seems possible to mix up Z-drop to instant throw, glide toss, popgun, or even monkey flip kick.

yoshididdy, would you mind if I put this stuff in the Situational Tricks thread when I give it a big update (it won't be any time soon)? I'll of course give you credit, the thread is just a compilation of a lot of situational things that Diddy could do.

vato_break

Smash Master
Does anyone else "rain banana's" when they are high above the stage? I think plucking bannanas are useful to pluck up high because of diddy's poor mobilty in the air and his small blind spot below him(which alot of characters can punish him for) so you can either grab one of the bananas or DI/move with the bananana(to semi protect yourself) and Breverse popgun cancel as a mixup to fake out your opponent.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
dang bro this really helped my diddy game. after reading this tidbit of diddy information, i can now actively see myself improving as a diddy kong player and as a person.

Top Bottom