• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech in progress: A hub for experimental Megaman tech!

PseudoPac

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this probably isn't new, but I haven't seen anyone bring this up. Apparently lemons can combo into themselves. This was done in training mode, so I could't really test for DI. The first "combo" can be done on pretty much anyone who isn't a fast-faller (while coincidentally not really helping my main problem with Megaman >.<) I believe the second one works exclusively on DK and with the the Ding-Dong becoming increasingly prevalent, this could be important to be aware of for the match-up . Hopefully I'm not just wasting my time and this is worth looking into.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAmclUJnqns

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I do this quite a lot, it works really well with fast fallers and tall characters and ones with tether grabs because they can't shield grab you.

I find if you hit them with sweet spot Nair then jump and hit them with the second pellet in the air it stops their momentum to allow you to hit another sweet spot lemon and repeat.

If they are too low percent they may hit the ground and too high and the second lemon won't hit.

It can also be ended with a jab lock if they don't tech.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
i used to do this to my friend but it only works fairly well against certain characters. after a certain point though he found out he can DI up and away, just kinda makes it not worth trying to do over and over again especially seeing as how it doesn't do very much damage.

double pellet into sweet-spot nair by itself works on most if not all of the characters. i mostly use it to catch people on ledge get-up, to pop them back off the stage, especially as my momentum is already going in that direction i can usually follow up with some sort of gimpy maneuver

all in all it's a great set-up, but not very useful when comboing into itself in my opinion

Last edited:

PseudoPac

Smash Rookie
Well that's unfortunate. I was thinking that if they were to DI away, you could just add another f-tilt to cover the distance. Oh well. I like the idea of using it to cover a ledge get-up though. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Top Bottom