• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams Help

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
My roommate and I play Roy and Marth, respectively. I wanted to know who would more ideally be the support and the aggressor. Also things to keep in mind considering both our characters are not ideal in doubles, maybe matches demonstrating some strategies to use.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Since Roy and Marth both struggle at dealing with more than one opponent at a time, you're going to have to share these roles to some extent. You're good at controlling space, so really the way you will probably want to approach teams is both of you are "support" characters who happen to be on the same team. The way you handle being on the offensive is by having one teammate cover for the other and allowing them to focus down on one of your opponents. Essentially, playing parallel 1v1s is your go-to strategy. You want to interfere with your opponents' ability to help one another out. Marth will probably be the slightly more aggressive partner on the team, because he is better at taking space than Roy. Roy will do slightly more hanging back and keeping control of some stage position.It's a very difficult team to win with as you get to higher levels, but I think it has some untapped potential to be honest.

Top Bottom