• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Brawls Seperate:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
One reason I loved Melee was that you could set up rules, teams, stages, etc. in one place(I'm a very lazy and impatient person...jk). That doesn't seem to be the case in Brawl(As of now). I know that over Wifi team battles may need to be set up differently, but will this be the case for just playing normal matches without Wifi???

On a side note, I wish Dark Link could be played on teams. I want team matches without color-set teams.

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
God****, does it matter? Oh no, you have to select team battle before everything else. LOVE IS OVER

•Col•

Smash Champion
Color set teams...Red,Blue,etc..
And how do YOU know there aren't more team colors this time around? I wouldnt be suprised to see Black and Yellow teams added, seeing as almost all the characters revealed so far have had these color schemes...

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
gah...
what is wrong with you...?
the reason it is set up like this is to avoid load times.
OF COURSE REGULAR MELEE/BRAWL IS THE SAME
The only two possible flaws are the Pity smash on/off,
and....
Oh yeah, exploding crates.
IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME IF EXPLODING CRATES COULD BE TURNED OFF
Tournaments with items...
*stares dreamily into the distance*

MRun

Smash Cadet
Sakurai did say that most characters would have around 6 different swaps. Black definitely seems to be a common theme, as does yellow/gold. If everybody does have those colors, I don't see why they can't be team colors. I predict six teams:

Red
Green
Blue
Yellow/Gold
Black
White?

ron561

Smash Journeyman
And how do YOU know there aren't more team colors this time around? I wouldnt be suprised to see Black and Yellow teams added, seeing as almost all the characters revealed so far have had these color schemes...
I never said there wouldn't be more colors.You asked why wouldn't you be able to play as Dark link on teams and I told you why.If every character doesn't have a dark suit,then it will be impossible.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I never said there wouldn't be more colors.You asked why wouldn't you be able to play as Dark link on teams and I told you why.If every character doesn't have a dark suit,then it will be impossible.
I never asked you wether Dark Link would be playable on teams, that was gigasteve. I was saying that you don't know what colored teams there will be, so you don't know if Dark Link will be playable in Team Matches or not...

ron561

Smash Journeyman
Actually were both wrong.That was captain anthony..

"Why couldn't Dark Link be played on teams? Is that a piece of information I missed?"

Canvas

Smash Cadet
Well, it would make sense that team brawl is seperate if it's following Strikers' system for that. I would believe that two players per console would amount to less lag as four seperate consoles.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
But what if I want Dark Link and Daisy (yellow Peach) vs Fusion Suit Samus and Dark Fox??? See what i'm saying??

ron561

Smash Journeyman
Dude there are color set teams.Unless every character has a dark suit,you won't be able to use dark characters in team games.Are you new to smash bros?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I know Dark Link won't be playable on teams, but that would be nice. I AM NOT A NOOB Ron 561, i've played since the N64 days.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
First, this went off topic very quickly. Second, Team Brawl is separate for online play NOT offline play, so you will still have everything from the same screen whenever you play without the internet.

And third, use this thread to complain about updates instead of creating new threads in the general brawl discussion: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=129685

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom