• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teacher?

Exile724

Smash Cadet
I just started maining Sheik and I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to use her right, I would appreciate the help.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just go to this thread and start looking up everything. If you find anything you don't understand or wish to discuss something in greater detail then what was said within the thread then just post a question in that said thread asking.

~tries to think of another way of indirectly saying do not make a new thread about something that has been discussed~

You will find the sheik forum very welcoming to new players and that we have a lot of good players talking on here quite often.

Enjoy your stay ^_^

Exile724

Smash Cadet
I'm 13 so any guides are a bit hard for me to understand thats why I'm asking but I will be sure to read it over again thank you for the help.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
offensive: nair, jabs, fair, ftilt, transform

defensive: bair, needle, transform

you're welcome.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
I'm 13 so any guides are a bit hard for me to understand thats why I'm asking but I will be sure to read it over again thank you for the help.
Eh. I'm 13 too. o.o They were pretty easy for me to understand, if you need more help after that, then ask.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
different people will tell you different things. lurk these forums for about a week. practice a lot. once you get a feel for her, go ahead and practice stupid tech things if u want (learn to DACUS btw). first get familiar, then worry about getting good.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Read the guide, even if it means going to dictionary.com ^^

2. Practice a lot
3. Learn how to avoid the "needle fall" (roll to edge and charge needles, see what happens >.> its pretty... stupid)

4. MEMORIZE the length of her side-B tether so you never use it and have it not work.
5. Learn when to switch to Zelda to recover or KO (if you're having problems KO'ing)
6. Learn to DAC (the timing is something near instant I found out. I spent months trying to DAC with her, and just last night I finally learned it and can do it 1 out of every 2-3 tries..)

7. Learn her matchups and Zelda's matchups. Knowing when your Sheik will be dominated and when Zelda would dominate can be the difference of losing the match, or winning.

and that's all I got.

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Eh. I'm 13 too. o.o They were pretty easy for me to understand, if you need more help after that, then ask.
I didn't think anyone else was that young, anyway I pretty much understand everything but it doesn't ushually say what attacks are such as Fair so I don't understand some of the other things.

And I work very hard but today I played 4 different people over the time of 6 hours so I need more opponents.

demodemo

Smash Ace
you are best off not reading any guides until you are familiar with all of sheiks moves

as in what all of her moves look like, their approximate speed and range, etc.

it will be a lot easier to understand what the guides are talking about if you at least have a vague understanding up the move

SuSa

Banned via Administration
fair = forward air
bair = back air
dair = down air
uair= up air
nair = neutral air (no direction)

same for smashes, except there is no such thing as a "n or b smash" because a B smash is an Fsmash, and there is no Nsmash

up-B, side-B, down-B = should be self explanatory

up-B = Vanish
Side-B = Chain
down-B = Transform
B = Needles

DAC = Dash attack cancel (DACUS = Dash attack cancelled up smash) basically the same exact thing. Cancelling a dash attack into an usmash. It's easier with a gamecube (GC) controller in my experience, and the timing is insanely difficult unless you're told.

Basically it's down-Cstick, then immediatly up+B (up+Z the frame is so close it just register your grab before the dash making this not work (at least for me)

If I can upload the vid I'll try it so you can get a rough idea of the timing (it's just a vid of my hands, how I setup my hands, and the insanely quick DAC)

Charoo

Smash Champion
leon's right except dacus is unnecessary : )
chok is noob. DACUS is amazing. Edrees and I always make jokes about it all the time cause he asks me why the sheik forum is the only one that uses that word haha. Also, we even capitalize it.

DACUS is a great way to start conversations

on a serious note, needle is too good in every situation.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
chok is noob. DACUS is amazing. Edrees and I always make jokes about it all the time cause he asks me why the sheik forum is the only one that uses that word haha. Also, we even capitalize it.

DACUS is a great way to start conversations

on a serious note, needle is too good in every situation.
:3 I enjoy johning people by saying "if only I didn't mess up that dacus"

then they are like "WTF is a da.. ~tristan_win has left the chat room~

No but seriously needles are incredibility important just like learning the range of your tilts are and by the way you should even bother trying to learn how DACUS until you have the sheik basic down unless you like getting frustrated.

I mean you can learn how to do it but you shouldn't use it in matches or even friendlies until you feel ready enough.

Start using it too early and you will get the idea that it's "impossible" stuck in your head ;3

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
bro, dont worry about DACUS (lol) for at least 2 weeks of intense training. learn the basics first. spacing is probably your number one concern. i used to think the d-a-c-u-s acronym was stupid, but its grown on me.

and needles are my favorite move. i hope you dont have any confused notions about camping, cuz needling is a huge source of damage (for me.) Read Sirlin's "Playing to Win" (or something like that) article if you haven't.

and someone posted transforming to zelda to recover. doesnt that not really work in barwl?

incredibility impotent

Tristan_win

Not dead.
bro, dont worry about DACUS (lol) for at least 2 weeks of intense training. learn the basics first. spacing is probably your number one concern. i used to think the d-a-c-u-s acronym was stupid, but its grown on me.

and needles are my favorite move. i hope you dont have any confused notions about camping, cuz needling is a huge source of damage (for me.) Read Sirlin's "Playing to Win" (or something like that) article if you haven't.

and someone posted transforming to zelda to recover. doesnt that not really work in barwl?
Good job plucking two words out of my post and thinking I was talking about DACUS.

I was actually talking about needles and the ranges of your tilts IE. Spacing. Then I belittle learning DACUS.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i guess i shoulda put your quote at the bottom :/

im·po·tent
not potent; lacking power or ability.
(of a male) unable to attain or sustain a penile erection.
i was lol'ing at impotent. i think u meant important? the rest of the post was for OP's sake. <3

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Great I'm just going to ask... what is that in your signiture lmfao.

Top Bottom