• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teach me to Pichu

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbnRsv4Wi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRqsD0FCzfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2O3SOfj2A

So, as you regulars will know, I've tried picking up Pichu recently. But quite frankly, my Pichu is dumb. Like super dumb. It doesn't know how to recover, and doesn't afraid of anything. And so, I ask you for advice.

Just to note, I'm a super scrub, I'm terrible with my main. So my Pichu will be pretty embarassing.

EDIT: Also, this is PAL. We europeans don't have any of your dumb sheik grabs or whatever.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
stuff on 1st match I noticed

JC grab it has less lag more range
up-throw dair works could've killed
smash side-B and if you're clos eenough to get hit by a edge attackw hen you side-B you should jump and jolt normally never side-B that close.

up-B you just have to get comfortable with and think up ideas it sucks but after so long you feel fairly safe
less random moves like those thunders and d-smashes if you nair through a sheild d-smash isn't to good I wouldn't even touch that move till after like 40% then it has good enough knockback not to wait too much about lack.

also you could've up-Bed to the edge when edge gaurding forget where
also if you nair the front of a sheild jabs, buffer roll or spot dodge will avoid the grab and you really want to avoid that grab most people can't punish pichu's massive fast roll unless they make insane reads.

dair's 2nd hit isn't as abuseable as you made it seem he careful about it even if you didn't use it much however I play very safe you don't have to be as riskless as me.

If the sheik was better I could tell you more like if you see mango **** a noob it's harder to tell mango's mistakes.

vs falco

f-tilt isn't bad for edge gaurd nor is d-tilt

up-tilt is fail at lower percent vs FFers really it doesn't even lift them off the groun dtill like past 40% or so but up-smash can combo at those low percents.

watch their techs

dash attack isn't bad for higher percents it can be helpful for tech chases, beating projectiles and edge gaurd because the hit box is solid and lasts long but comes out quick. but you can also d-tilt for less lag more range and junk.

f-smash less

jolts can't beat moving up-B of fox/falco only as they're charging and the earliest part of the attack.

up-throw can be a chain throw or up-smash to other moves or whatever combo you want like up-throw SHFF autocancel upair to move.

vs mario

d-throw can be jumped out of at any time even in dittos pichu can get out at like 20% people are dumb and tech only works on FFers. I mean bowser gets out at I think 40/60% if that says anything. But I think if he trys to jump out you can upair or up-smash him and they can't attack out as early. I should mess with it more in matches.

also don't give up I saw you give up a bit when you took mario up to like 214.

pichu vs mario you basically spam 3 moves and mix up stuff. nair, d-tilt and jolts know how to perfectly space these and how to mix up and fake them out anything esle you do is from mindgames like up-smashes or grabs but you could DD grab if you've feeling ballzy f-throw nair or f-throw DD regarb you can do some funny mindgames with f-throw. also pichu's d-tilt if spaced basically outranges his whole ground game but for cape and f-smash d-smash is basically tied your tail is more disjointed i think. but you have to space it and hit with the bare tip because if the mario is fast they could try to WD oos for a grab to an easy 60%

it's a terrible match-up that must be dealt with very slowly with slowly adding up nairs, jolts and d-tilts also up-B is useful for mindgames like sh 2nd jump back and up-B/jolt at them if they try to beat your nair .

jolts and -d-tilt is your safest and normally best edge gaurd vs mario. if he's far nair isn't to bad of a move but if he capes you you take damage and he will recover it's a risk. also dair beat his up-B I believe so edge hog dair is nice.

mario is a terrible match-up for pichu that will normally last 6 minutes if you want to win with as little risks as possible. dash attack, jab, or nair any fireballs I don't like to sheild them. it's like a 20-80 match-up if mario punishes as hard as he can and tries to punish you a lot and junk. however your moves overall are safer and you're faster.

Also keep in mind i'm just trying to get the mistakes that pop out the most you know fix the smallest things first so you can from there adapt to how you want to play.

also when you're forced in a corner they are just as pressured as you not to give up ground baits are great you could run up and spot dodge or roll but attacking is normally bad d-tilt is good.

also the matches seemed not to flow but more like one thing at a time normally. pichu can pressure b****s who sheild and junk and isn't bad at tech chasing. jab reset to smashes is mad fun.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
This was a very insightful post. Which it was a bit easier to read :p Punctuation and Capitaliation would be godly XD Good post ICG

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I respect you as a human being, you can point out flaws in a good way. Thank you I need a little bit niceness sometimes. Really it hurts more than anything because of the extreme lack of it at times in the world.

Top Bottom