• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunts

linksausage

Smash Cadet
Whenever I play a one-on-one match, I taunt whenever I KO someone. I'd do it more often, but I always play as Young Link, and his taunt is long. :p And I notice that nobody else I play with taunts...I'm the only one. I know I'm not the only one in the world who taunts, but I'm the only one I know. How many of you taunt? And when? I like Luigi's taunt, even if it's incredibly weak.

chronofreak

Smash Apprentice
Sheik:
-After an impressive KO
-At the end of the match

Mr. Game & Watch:
-After every KO (GaW can usually taunt 2-3 times before the opponent even returns to the stage)
-After a good hit or an impressive combo (even if it didn't KO the opponent)
-Continuously at the end of the match

linksausage

Smash Cadet
The only real reason I taunt is because you get points and 'cause Young Link's is funny.

marthsword

Smash Ace
with y. link throw a boomerang, and taunt. You will catch the boomerang during the taunt and cancel it, thus making it shorter.

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
My friend occasionaly plays with Y. Link, and instead of using his taunt he just crouchs over and over again. You know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I usually only taunt if I do something impressive, or if my damage is at 69%.
examples:
7 secs into the match and I have spiked my opponent for my first KO.
KOing someone with the Thunder Jacket (YYG)
KOing someone with a Deadline (YYG)
KOing 2+ people at once

Although, occasionaly if I'm playing with two or more people, I'll just stand on the edge of the stage and taunt over and over again until they decide to come attack me.

F3ST

Smash Rookie
I only taunt with DK, Yoshi and Kirby

They seem to annoy my friends the most

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Well, I play Peach, and I always do my taunt when I kill the opponent or I know for 100% sure they're going to die. And when I taunt, I taunt over and over and over again until I'm in danger of getting attacked. When there is 4 player free for all, I keep taunting until someone hits me, then I thrash them if they're not really skilled.

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, G&W's taunts are pretty **** annoying when they spam the crap out of it. Good mindgames, but I can't use G&W for jelly beans.

Fox, my main, is a pretty good one. Most unskilled players charge at you with a dash attack if you do it across the stage.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I main G&W, so of course I spam it. Sometimes I taunt to make them rush me when they're standing around.

I don't do it in tourney matches though, it's just my etiquette. Unless they taunt first. Then it's on :demon:

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The taunt is the most important move in G&W's arsenal. It's like the Shine, Fortress, and Cape all in one, with a cherry on top, and a free $5 gift certificate to Spencer's, plus this brand new car!!!

Other than him though, I like DK, Kirby, and Jigglypuff's taunts. With Y. Link you can use the UpB as a subsitute for taunt, and with Mario use the tornado.

Cy Yunga

Smash Cadet
Falco's taunt doesn't have much to it...
But I love annoying people with G&W's taunt, and sometimes the ICs too.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I totally forgot IC's. My brother used to main IC's and he would count the match as a victory just for getting a "Babe Ruth kill". It doesn't really even matter if you end up getting three stocked. You always feel like a winner with that.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Taunt with: G&W, Kirby , DK jigglypuff and especially Pichu (wavetauting, taunt combos.) Many people don't taunt because they respect their opponent and know they'll get their *** kicked if the opponent gets mad. With y. link you throw a boomerang and taunt, he will catch the boomerang and cancel the taunt.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Hmm taunt uses... With Captain Falcon I like to taunt after every KO three times if possible. After kneeing someone 3 times. When edge guarding when they are moderately far. And right after I respawn, invicible taunt!! =)

A-Laon

Smash Master
If a heavily-damaged jiggly misses their rest right next to me, I like to taunt first, THEN side smash them to hell. The fact that they think they'll wake up just in time makes it all the more satisfying. Then, of course, after the kill, I taunt them again.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Hmm taunt uses... With Captain Falcon I like to taunt after every KO three times if possible. After kneeing someone 3 times. When edge guarding when they are moderately far. And right after I respawn, invicible taunt!! =)

I do that too. If I can pull of a shffl combo. At about 20% use shffled dair, then nair, uair and finish them off with a knee. It's awesome, and looks cool. Easy to mess up though.

If a heavily-damaged jiggly misses their rest right next to me, I like to taunt first, THEN side smash them to hell. The fact that they think they'll wake up just in time makes it all the more satisfying. Then, of course, after the kill, I taunt them again.
I do that too lol. There's a whole thread on what to do if jiggs misses a rest.

Kirakitsune

Smash Apprentice
I taunt with fox when my opponent is camping, or after every KO. I think I'm gonna start doing the invincible taunt when I respawn as a way of saying 'is that all you got?'

With Kirby, I think I taunt more than I press A when I play with him. I evade all the attacks and spam taunt. I love it.

Smash Master
I taunt when I do something that elicits a reaction from whoever is playing/watching, e.g. ledgetech into uair. I also taunt in the middle of the fight (neither of us is dead/invincible/camping) against people who are better than me, so that when I get owned, I can at least claim moral victory if I get away with the taunt.

linksausage

Smash Cadet
I personally never spam a taunt, especially not Young Link's! But I can understand doing it, especially with Mr.G&W's. At first I didn't get Young Link's, but now I do: it's sad if you have time to drink milk in the middle of a battle! Sometimes, instead of taunting, I use the Spin Attack 'cause it looks awesome.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Haha I loveee to pose (taunt, hence the name) lol its just great seeing the look on my opponents face because link's pose seems like he's the best and all arrogant and stuff...its just great =]

Razed

Smash Ace
Best way to taunt with Yoshi: keep on pressing down. It looks like he's trying to rub the ground like cats rub against furniture =P

Smash Master
I taunt when I do something that I think was impressive. (Multiple ledgetechs/superwavedashes, etc...) I wait 'till they're dead, though.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I taunt when my opponent SD's. There's no better time to piss them off than then.

Top Bottom