• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunts as attacks?

The Cape

Smash Master
What do you all think of making one taunt per character actually do something?

Examples:
Bowser side taunt does 2 damage per bite, slash type, bit of KB

Mario spinning uppercut victory animation swapped with growth taunt and then give it a hitbox

Sonic breakdance taunt has a few 2 damage hitboxes that hit away

Its more fun stuff we can add into the game that helps to show what we can do. I can put together a list tomorrow of ideas for all of the characters but I want to see what people think about this as an idea.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Taunts have always been for nothing else except showboating and they should remain that way. Luigi's taunt doing damage is an exception and not something we should follow suit on. I think it's a cool idea for fun but should not be used in official Brawl+.

Revven

FrankerZ
Although shanus, when you add IASA to every taunt you can't seem to dashdance and taunt at the same time, you can only cancel the taunt with a jab or dash or anything else but continually dashdance with it... which is what made Taunt Canceling so cool in Smash 64.

Top Bottom