• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I had this great taunt party with a yellow Kirby that changed to Zelda, a Yoshi that turned into Luigi like me so we did infinite luigi ladder in temple, and a Ness that was always at 0% in sudden death because the Zelda and I kept using Din's fire and Luigi's fireballs. It was great until I had a connection loss :D

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Not too many taunt parties around anymore? Or am I just playing late. Now I'm just fighting scubs and such. Many partyists are scrubs, but they'd all gang up on me which made it a challenge. Normally in a taunt party however there is one person decent or above my level and I have not encountered a person like that. Oh yeah, and I'm have a serious question for you guys. How do you defend against a partyist who simply shoots in projectiles while you 1 vs. 1 another partyist? Particularly Pikachu, Falco and Mario. I'm normally too busy to reflect.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much quit Basic Brawl since I finally have a good friend roster, so....maybe everyone found out I quit and said "well if the king of TPs is leaving, there's just no point in them anymore" so now there's no more Taunt Parties :3

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
A few days ago I met my first hacker. It was a Kirby. And I still see tonss of taunt parties. The crashers are all n00bs and I chain grab them if I can. :3

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much quit Basic Brawl since I finally have a good friend roster, so....maybe everyone found out I quit and said "well if the king of TPs is leaving, there's just no point in them anymore" so now there's no more Taunt Parties :3
King of taunt parties? And what do you mean? TPs are gone? Aww, I enjoyed beating them up.

A few days ago I met my first hacker. It was a Kirby. And I still see tonss of taunt parties. The crashers are all n00bs and I chain grab them if I can. :3
I...AM NOT A NOOB

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I was kidding about being king but I just went on Basic Brawl yesterday to see if taunt parties really were dead, and I only found like 2 taunters in 4 games. D:

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are starting to be pretty rare. They aren't as plentiful as they used to be. I used to find one after any match. Now all thats on are garbage players. I have yet to see a match without me being in first place winning with scores 5 K.Os and 0 deaths or 7 and 2. Sometimes I'll go 4 and 2 or something average, but I always win. Not really fun. I miss them already.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
King of taunt parties? And what do you mean? TPs are gone? Aww, I enjoyed beating them up.

I...AM NOT A NOOB
lol who do you play as? I play White Ice Climbers. Have you ever been chain grabbed online by white Ice Climbers? It was probably as in not 100% sure but it was probably me.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
DAYUUUUUM

You guys are taking this "Taunt Party" thing seriously lol
i just don't understand why "crashers" online who wants to play the game legitimately have to deal with this. It is just a waste of time smashing the taunt button(s) and it is boring.
It reminded me of the chapter in the Alphabet of Manliness on Road Rage, which was basically a meticulous point-by-point guide on how to maximize your ******* efficiency with aggressive driving and the optimal methods of cutting people off and such.

Taunt parties are starting to be pretty rare. They aren't as plentiful as they used to be. I used to find one after any match. Now all thats on are garbage players. I have yet to see a match without me being in first place winning with scores 5 K.Os and 0 deaths or 7 and 2. Sometimes I'll go 4 and 2 or something average, but I always win. Not really fun. I miss them already.
Are taunt parties really receding? Maybe death by boredom is possible after all. In either case good riddance, I'll take a thousand bad players over three disrespectful chodes. It'll only mean more newcomers willing to stick around and potentially improve.

Hello everybody. Allow me to introduce myself. I am TheRedSnakeInBasicBrawl. I am a red snake who uses Snake in basic brawl. How to know its me when you are in one? Well, I obviously use Snake's red color but, what I really do in taunt parties to let you guys know its me is abuse DACUS and Grenade dropping (and occasionally pivot grabs). I rarely switch characters, but when I do, you will see me use Pink Falcon for down taunt spam, and Pink DeDeDe for wall infinites. Thanks, and hopefully we'll meet one day. Let me know if you ever see me, i usually save all my replays so, if you guys have seen a red snake a believed it was me, tell me which character you used and what specific actions you did in the match.Going more into ways to find out its me.... a nice movement I do with DACUS for altering its me once again is doing a DACUS>Box taunt. I usually do this in sudden deaths, if a crasher is after me and I kill him, or if i kill a crasher during the 2 minute brawl. Anyways, farewell!

EDIT: Full image of my Dacus>Box here:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4570/dacustaunttrsibb.png

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Course they aren't, which is why i don't have fun on the rare occasions when they're none D:

TPs get pretty fun to destroy, but sometimes i find myself in indecision of what to do when it comes to 2 chars that i cannot hit :(

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
Course they aren't, which is why i don't have fun on the rare occasions when they're none D:

TPs get pretty fun to destroy, but sometimes i find myself in indecision of what to do when it comes to 2 chars that i cannot hit :(
you should use a non-host character modifier with button activators (if you have gecko os)
cause nobody wants to wait another 5 minutes to find a decent brawl match.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why the hell would i ruin the game? I enjoy destroying Taunt Parties, yes i admit it, but not enough to do something like disconnect everyone.
I just do what i do...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's still pretty mean to me :/

Have your fun and do what you want, but DC'ing people who just want to have fun is pretty lame.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
you should use a non-host character modifier with button activators (if you have gecko os)
cause nobody wants to wait another 5 minutes to find a decent brawl match.
The only time there's ever a point in doing something like that is when they start doing things that are extremely unfair, like SDing for each other. What, you still can't take on one guy with a team of 3 + items enabled?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The only time there's ever a point in doing something like that is when they start doing things that are extremely unfair, like SDing for each other.
Eh? Don't get what you mean by that.
Don't you win the game if they do that?

Edit: You mean like P-1 hits P-2 then P-2 SD, then P-1 hits P-3 then P-3 SD, and so forth? If so, extremely unfair, but i'd rather just find another TP to destroy.

What, you still can't take on one guy with a team of 3 + items enabled?
No, i cannot. Yes without items, no in items enabled. It is not the same, especially when you come from the competitive stream, you wont see items anywhere, anywhere i tell ya.

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
Umm..I destroy taunt parties & D/c people who obv are new to this game.

I'm making people quit brawl to Melee?

I play taunt parties a bit rough, but i woulden't call myself a crasher. Anyways, a nice thing I like to do in taunt parties is have a 1v1 with another skilled player, while the other 2 are taunting. I usually auto jab in the distance, it usually takes a few matchs to understand but, then he wants to fight me. Unfortunately, the 2 taunters take this the wrong way and attempt to ruin the fight. This is the main thing I do in Taunt parties to have some fun matchs.... rather then crashing the whole party. But, no one understands this method very well....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You meet skilled players in Basic Brawl?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
A bit rare? What time are you playing these games boy?
If i do see any, they know what they're doing and they stick to the characters they're good with. If it's not that, it's nothing new.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Eh? Don't get what you mean by that.
Don't you win the game if they do that?

Edit: You mean like P-1 hits P-2 then P-2 SD, then P-1 hits P-3 then P-3 SD, and so forth? If so, extremely unfair, but i'd rather just find another TP to destroy.
Yeah, you do win when they start doing that, which means there's no reason not to have some fun and destroy them with Giga Bowser or Warioman.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, you do win they they start doing, which means there's no reason not to have some fun and destroy them with Giga Bowser or Warioman.
That is pretty true. Guess it would be pretty fun to destroy a TP with hacks, only when they give each other the unfair advantage. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Every time I go online, I get teamed up on :'(.
Tips for 3v1 matches? I usually use rob and spam lasers.
Worst thing you could do is spam.
Pick your main and **** them, unless you main someone like Ganon...
If that's the case, spamming becomes a legit option.

Hoshi Yaamarashi

Smash Rookie
I absolutely LOVE taunt parties. Nearly every single time I end up in BB, I try to start a taunt party. I've been in one with hacks, and it makes things a lot more interesting.
Usually I start out as Yellow Kirby, and then switch to Yellow Sonic. If you see me, throw me a PM! :DD

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
I always thought that taunt parties where loserfests. A bunch of people in brawl who aren't brawling. Just taunting. THE NERVE. But then i read this thread. It's interesting how it's not limited to taunts, which would get boring mad fast. Also, i'm not sure how they absorb ALL of the signals. This thread's OP makes me wanna join a Taunt Party, too!

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Taunt Parties are fun for the first 2 mins.
And they're even funner when you ally with the taunters then backstab them at the end.
Then they start coming after you.... XP
I also love the hackers. It makes the battle more interesting and fun. :laugh:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Wait, I can disconnect people with gecko?

Dude, sign me up. I would love to be able to get rid of That One ******* who just doesn't get it every freaking time.

I find, after searching, two players who actually want to play. Not just no items. Two players who are willing to TAKE TURNS, NOT INTERFERING, while we play 1v1 TIME BATTLES with LOSER ROTATES.

People are inherently good.

Except That One ******* who just doesn't get it, and he's always there, and you can't make him leave, and when he leaves, it's just another ******* and eventually one of the three get tired of it.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
I remembered the crouch thing for sorry and taunt party and used it to find this one guy who wanted to do one. The others caught on pretty fast. If anyone from Smashboards was on that party, i'm the Yellow Mr. GaW who kept firing cracker launchers into the air. And died so many times on Onett.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why is it so fun to be a crasher?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dammit Downs, that's the best reply i've ever gotten in here, too good, i'm going to play BB a lot more...

Also, sigging that when i get to a computer.

Top Bottom