• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties: Hate them or love them?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I love them, but check the whole section, there are about 3 other threads mained on Taunt Parties.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Naah, just check to make sure your not replicating threads, by using the 'Search' Function ;)

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Taunt Parties are awesome especially when an unexpecting brawler comes to play
Other player
After game
WHYYYY!!

Edit: sorry didnt notice

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dont, Stick it with the OP, Love it or Hate it.
Discussion of TPs go on in the appropriate threads.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I HATE taunt parties. As soon as I get a taunt party, I leave that group and wait for other opponents to come because there is no way in hell that I can win against a taunt party.:mad:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I like taunt parties due to the fact that for some reason they're able to attract good competition ironically. Some of the taunters are very good brawlers believe it or not.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
I like taunt parties due to the fact that for some reason they're able to attract good competition ironically. Some of the taunters are very good brawlers believe it or not.
Taunt parties usually do have the best online players. I started crashing them once I realized that.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Taunt parties usually do have the best online players. I started crashing them once I realized that.
Its true, lets just say when we're all alone we at times have our little one on ones on Temple to the side when things are settled down. Believe me its much more worth it than playing the average brawler plus we play fair (if items are on by some person then dont use them, if a taunter is in the way dont attack them, since we're sparring we kill ourselves when we kill the other person in the one on one to balance out the score, etc) It may not be a brawl with a friend but it cuts away from taunting without ACTION :)

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I love taunt parties personally. Pretty much the only way to get a 1v1 going with the (completely stupid) forced 3-4 P FFA. Assuming the other 2 realize that you want to spar with someone, not crash the party, which doesn't happen very often for me. :urg:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I love taunt parties personally. Pretty much the only way to get a 1v1 going with the (completely stupid) forced 3-4 P FFA. Assuming the other 2 realize that you want to spar with someone, not crash the party, which doesn't happen very often for me. :urg:
Unfortunately it happens. However when I "ask" one of the taunters who's a great players (Im not talking about an average player) chances are he knows what Im talking about and basically we spar on the bottom of temple while the others taunt away. Whats funny many times the people taunting stop what theyre doing and watch as our spar gets more intense bringing new moves to the battlefield than what you dont typically see in a basic brawl. Ive met many great taunters/players this way. What makes it better is when we perform a 2 man combo which is very hard in Basic Brawl

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I HATE taunt parties. As soon as I get a taunt party, I leave that group and wait for other opponents to come because there is no way in hell that I can win against a taunt party.:mad:
That depends.

If a Taunt Party includes an agressive Ike player, they could easily get their teamwork ruined. Experienced Taunt Partyists know what I'm talking about, lol

UberMario

Smash Master
Love em, especially ones that turn into Bob-Omb gauntlets during Sudden Death.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Its almost a fact that the majority of the players like taunter parties

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I like them when the Crashers make them entertaining~ :laugh:
Yeah, crashers are one of the things that makes a taunt party so much fun. Though some people get over-zealous and take half the party with them when they try to kill the crasher.

Top Bottom