• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Messages

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
What do you have set as your taunt messages?

Mine are:

↑ Pathetic.
↓ WASTE OF FLESH...
→ Tag, You're It!
← You're a joke

Takumi

Smash Cadet
↑ OMFGROFLOL
↓ Right here you know!
→ A shooting star! Yay~
← Bye Bye~!

Yeah, mine depend on the situation. Most of the time, I forgot they're there.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a big trash-talker, so I just have ↓ Good game
I like to keep my other taunts blank.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
I usually only get to play one person over wifi, and were really good friends in RL so its pretty easy to make him mad.

I used to have 'u mad?' as a message and that made him rage so much >: D

Hes an Ike player who is not nearly as experienced with brawl as I am , hence his frustration :p

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
↑ lolololol

Don't really use anything else, I just like using that one for when I SD or something funny happens

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I only went on Wi-Fi once, but mine were;

^:For those who I
>:Must protect, I
V:Will not lose(one quote broken into 3 parts. Managed to get 3 successive taunts in a row, and hence my whole sentence out during, though ^_^')

<:Furry power!!!(Felt like it had to be filled. First thing that came to mind ^_^''')

link2702

Smash Champion
Up; lol...
left; wai elo der
right; OMGWTFBBQ
Down; SHOW ME YOUR BOOBS! (guess which character i use that one for...)

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
↑ I hate you
↓ You suck
← WHATISTHISIDON'TEVEN?
→ Epic Fail

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm not a big trash-talker, so I just have ↓ Good game
I like to keep my other taunts blank.
^^^This for me^^^
I applaud you.

I don't act like big shot. I don't talk cause talk is cheap. I let my actions do the talking.

What do you have set as your taunt messages?

Mine are:

↑ Pathetic.
↓ WASTE OF FLESH...
→ Tag, You're It!
← You're a joke
Either this is common or I encountered you before. Hmmm... I think I have... in a double's match before... From AiB... Hmmm...:glare:
Anyway;

I kept gettin' people who spammed hate messages so made a taunt message for people that like to troll like this.

←Right back at ya!

Gets them more aggravated then they try to get me. Especially since they fail 95% to win the match. It works against practically anything cause your taunt message is now mine except with a smile in your face. Pssshh...
:kirby:

Also I think there was a thread around here with this same topic...

link2702

Smash Champion
that is why i use very random lolwut messages for my taunts

there is no reason to be a prick and cocky bragging about lagfi.

hell there is no reason to be a prick anyway, if you beat someone and out play em, fine, be a good sport and just go Good games, don't act like a total ******* though.

but...if they are too you...just ignore it and go on.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
that is why i use very random lolwut messages for my taunts

there is no reason to be a prick and cocky bragging about lagfi.

hell there is no reason to be a prick anyway, if you beat someone and out play em, fine, be a good sport and just go Good games, don't act like a total ******* though.

but...if they are too you...just ignore it and go on.
I used to but sometimes they still insist on making you annoyed when it's not working. Since your left and right taunts are the same just replace one of them for those people that think they're the shiz.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I have NintendoCapriSun quotes for all of my taunt messages. I don't remember which directions they belong to, but anyway:

"SO HAPPY!!"
"YES! YES! VICTORIOUS"
"IS THIS OKAY MOMMY?
"GET SOME MORE T.P.!"

They're in all caps because I don't like taking the time to put them in lower case when I'm typing in "cell phone" format. Also, as a bonus, my status message says, "Howdy guys."

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't care for taunting. I don't like insulting players in anyway through taunting or messages. I rather play with players and when it is all finish say "good game." And look forward to more matches in the future. I don't like the thought of insulting people's pride.

:phone:

FIREL

Smash Ace
I don't care for taunting. I don't like insulting players in anyway through taunting or messages. I rather play with players and when it is all finish say "good game." And look forward to more matches in the future. I don't like the thought of insulting people's pride.

:phone:
Agreed... I don't even understand why people need to insult other people while playing this game.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
I'm not against all taunting ever. I just don't like it when either a) the messages are trollish or b) it is abused, in a way to degrade the other player. As far as other situations, I'm fine with taunting in a friendly when something out of the ordinary happens, or in a tournament where you try to influence the opponent to become more aggressive/predictable. But not excessively. There is a fine line between strategic taunting, if you will, and abuse. If I'm consistently 3-stocking someone, I'm probably not going to go out of my way to taunt them, especially if they aren't doing so to me. They would probably feel dejected as a result, and might give up the game altogether. But if I'm playing against someone who's trash-talking me irl, I would probably taunt them to stab at their ego.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I do want my friends to enjoy playing with me. And even in simple ladder matches, I would rather make a good impression as a calm, reserved opponent than an immature brat.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Most of my taunts are rotated and change, but guaranteed is that most of my taunts are based off of things my gurl Peach says.

↑ Ahaha I'll take that!
↓ Oh, did I win? ;)
← Peachy
→ Peachy's Got it~
I sometimes change "Peachy" to "Haha Nope". Cuz one of my friends has a taunt called "OWNED! IM SO PRO!". So, yeah... lol :p I don't spam my taunts though, only use them if 1) I get a awesome kill 2) If someone keeps spamming taunts, I taunt them back.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I constantly change my taunts cause i like to keep them fresh and always clever.

Currently;

^ My SDs are better
<-- +1 Ego
V Troll TrollTroll
--> You suck @ Japes
My favorite thing to do though, after ****** my opponent multiple times, I'll take them to Japes (since I main Wolf) and win the match. Before the match is over I'll spam my --> "You suck @ Japes" taunt. Making AiB noobs salty is so pro.

Buffering Falcon's down taunt with "Troll TrollTroll" is dope too. I can usually do 3 after a kill in singles and get away with it.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
My taunts were actually well planned out.
↑: "Ok!"
↓: "LOL what"
←: nothing
→: "Go!"

I use my up taunt whenever I get a cool KO, or just to taunt in general. My down taunt is when something hilarious or weird happens, and my right taunt is when I want to make the party more lively, or when action needs to be taken. I purposely left my left taunt empty so that I can taunt at times without breaking the flow of the battle. Sometimes when I accidentally use my down taunt, people think I'm laughing at something and might take a while to laugh back, or something. Whenever I'm Kirby and need to get rid of an ability, or I'm in WarioWare Inc. and need to taunt on that mini-game, left taunt is the way to go.

Additionally, I main Ness, so my scheme is sort of related. Ness says "Ok!" in his up-taunt, he sticks his bat as if to say "Go!" in his side-taunt, and he... I don't know... sort of looks like he's laughing with his down-taunt?

Top Bottom