• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Targets...

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd like to see people posting targets they've created for themselves to reach for their characters or game in general. Even if you haven't thought about this then perhaps it might help improve your game...

For me:

In general: Learn when to sidestep instead of just rolling and also to improve directing the analog stick in order not to smash when I want to tilt and tilt when I want to smash

Lucas: Just picked him up so keep practising entire moveset: particularly PK freeze and PK thunder.

Pit: Find an effective way of using WoI and learn new technique to add more variety.

Snake: Improve on grenade usage and timing of moves

Ice Climbers: Practise fthrow chaingrab and learn a bit more about desynching.

Toon Link: Keep adding more ATs to the game, practise use of chain as a grab and a weapon.

Bowser: Improve accuracy when klawhopping and also learn new technique to add variety to game.

What about you?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
To not suck as much as I do now.

And to focus better while I'm playing, so I can play my best Marth all the time, instead of my weak *** under-pressure-zero-concentration Marth that I end up playing in most tourney matches.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Ugh.... My Marth is really, really poor right now... out of practice. :( My goal - to recreate my playstyle and learn efficiently. Oh, and get WiFi.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Ugh.... My Marth is really, really poor right now... out of practice. :( My goal - to recreate my playstyle and learn efficiently. Oh, and get WiFi.
wifi ain't all its cracked up to be....does anyone btw know if its faster when you're playing with a friend because when i'm against anyone it just Laaaaaaaaags

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
To be able to play at my best consistently against both good AND bad players.

Remove bad habits.

Learn how to stop making dumb mistakes and alternatives I could take instead of making them.

Raise tech skill.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
To rephrase, I need to work on EVERYTHING... WiFi not all its cracked up to be? Well, I still desire to face all of you people on this site. :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Goals?
Marth: Be as good as I was when I get back into things. Reclaim/improve on my spacing.
Zelda: Get better at sweet spotting again, get out of ruts and stop hitting walls and plateaus.
Peach: Learn to float effectively and quickly; better more consistent turnip usage; overall improvement

Overall: Since I've played seriously once in the past 2 months, which saddens me, I want to make up for lost time and not have lost it too much when I get going again in September. Also, be smarter about which moves I use. More thoughtful and less reactionary, because reactionary is condition-able and predictable.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Attempting not fall into patterns and master aerials whilst holding a bomb.

SuperChoco

Smash Rookie
Online is much better when playing with friends, just play with people who live near you.

I pretty much set myself a goal of not missing with rest and using fludd better

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
With Sonic...
1) I need to implement DDP in my game.
2) Use tilts when I want to and not smash attacks by accident.
3) Perfect Instant Egdehog....
4) Mindgames.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic: Time the ASC and Spinshot, bait people into using my Spring so I can follow up, use more D-smash and F-throw.

Wario: Find an opening so I can carry his bike and chuck it like an item so I can combo and approach, time the Half-Waft.

Wolf: Learn when its best to use the d-tilt over his regular jab combos, utilize his Reflector more, and aim his Forward-B better.

And learn to use the **** nair frequently with every character. I always come out with a f, b, or u-tilt instead.

Kupo Rose

Sonic: Time the ASC and Spinshot, bait people into using my Spring so I can follow up, use more D-smash and F-throw.
Tip for a fellow Sonic main, don't use F-throw... Its like Sonic's worst throw. Use U-throw / D-throw instead. Also... Dsmash more? Ending lag is bad and your gonna stale one of Sonic's decent kill moves lol. Use tilts more.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Tip for a fellow Sonic main, don't use F-throw... Its like Sonic's worst throw. Use U-throw / D-throw instead. Also... Dsmash more? Ending lag is bad and your gonna stale one of Sonic's decent kill moves lol. Use tilts more.
dtilt ftw....:laugh:

in general I just need to work on my reaction speed and spacing....

specifically
Ice Climbers: needs more tilt...dtilt, work on desyncs and chaingrabs....

Kirby- more tilt...more upb spam....more suction combos and mindgames

marth- needs more tilt...work on approaches

Sonic: needs more tilt (dtilt ftw!)

Jiggs: needs less tilt......more aerials

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tip for a fellow Sonic main, don't use F-throw... Its like Sonic's worst throw. Use U-throw / D-throw instead.
F-throw has uses if the opponent DI's the wrong way, especially if they expect an up throw. It can still set up for aerials.

Also... Dsmash more? Ending lag is bad and your gonna stale one of Sonic's decent kill moves lol. Use tilts more.
Dsmash has just as much power as f-smash, and Sonic moves so fast during this move it's hard to punish unless the opponent knows what they're doing. And when I say use it more, I mean more so than what I use it now - I typically go for a f-smash, and that's easy to dodge if used late. D-smash also helps spacing if the opponent rolls behind you.

At least, that's how it works for me in Brawls.

Kupo Rose

F-throw has uses if the opponent DI's the wrong way, especially if they expect an up throw. It can still set up for aerials.
It can, but ariels are you gonna follow up? Fair? Uair? With Fthrow its gonna be a lil more harder to pull off, you can't juggle well and its less damage. (9%)

With Uthrow you get 12% and easier ways to juggle your opponents with your ariel attacks. Dthrow (8%) is fun for the mindgame tech chases.

Dsmash has just as much power as f-smash, and Sonic moves so fast during this move it's hard to punish unless the opponent knows what they're doing.
If you meant knockback (if connected well) I think yeah its the same, damage wise though Dsmash is weaker, 12% (9% if it isnt connected well) (uncharged) and Fsmash 14% (uncharged). Maybe Im just used to playing good opponents... I get my Dsmashed punished :ohwell:

D-smash also helps spacing if the opponent rolls behind you.
I agree with this though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It can, but ariels are you gonna follow up? Fair? Uair? With Fthrow its gonna be a lil more harder to pull off, you can't juggle well and its less damage. (9%)

With Uthrow you get 12% and easier ways to juggle your opponents with your ariel attacks. Dthrow (8%) is fun for the mindgame tech chases.
But with U-throw, people, more often than not,DI to the left, far enough so Sonic can't follow up with an aerial fast enough to attcak before the other player can react.

Uthrow is superior, I'm not questioning that. But f-throw does have uses if you play mindgames fairly well.

If you meant knockback (if connected well) I think yeah its the same, damage wise though Dsmash is weaker, 12% (9% if it isnt connected well) (uncharged) and Fsmash 14% (uncharged). Maybe Im just used to playing good opponents... I get my Dsmashed punished :ohwell:
Yes, I did mean knockback. But very rarely have I have been punished while using d-smash. Maybe it really depends on the skill of the opponent, I'm not sure, but I do know I've been punished far more from using f-smash over d-smash.

Another thing I want to learn is to sidestep much more. I use rolling dodges more often than not, and that prevents me from punishing ending lag on some attacks. But I always have a fear I'm going to mistime the sidestep, so I just play it safe. I need to play more aggressively, I guess.

Top Bottom