• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tapion combo

AERO-OF-CV

Smash Rookie
what is the best way to set up for the tapion punch combo?i can never seem to lure someone into it or work it into the end of a good combo.help me asap thanx

Volrec

Smash Lord
First of all, only use this combo for friendlies. In a tournament, you screw up, off timing, that's a stock for you.

2nd of all, just tech chase into it. That's the best and safest way.

And i said use it in friendlies, because in tournies, you can just whip out a knee.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I lead into it with a dair, duh.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
use the tapion combo only in friendlys because if you mess up you mind as kiss that stock goodbye.

khepri

Smash Lord
First of all, only use this combo for friendlies. In a tournament, you screw up, off timing, that's a stock for you.

And i said use it in friendlies, because in tournies, you can just whip out a knee.
Jiano pulled it off on Tink during a tourney match at the last tournament.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
theres no reason not to do it in a tourny if you are sure you are doing it in the right %s.
its a guaranteed kill and it doesnt weaken your more important moves (like knee\fsmash)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
dairs are especially used on space animals, if you happen to land one at the right percent and they don't DI then why the hell not falcon punch for the ko? it only makes sense. there's a difference between intentionally trying to do it, and taking an opportunity.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord

>_> I used it, and pulled it off, every time I tried in a tourny in January or February I think. One of those two months.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
have you seen "isai, are you watching?"? tapion often sets up for it off a uthrow>techchased stomp.

Rage.

Smash Ace
I know everyone is saying dont use it in a tornement but I think Everyone should
if you pull it off in a torney then you will be feared and your opponet will lose all of their confidence and cry.
you win

but tech chase to dair to Falcon punch
its pretty much only on space animals but it still *****

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Here's an old vid of me pulling it off twice in a match

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rMS7uqX6RKs

Like everyone else said the best way to do it is techchase with a dair.The second way is if the spacies start to shine and about to waveshine just dair out of the shield.

To do the combo without messing up is that right after you dair (maybe even before you L-cancel) to see if they DI, if they didn't then why not humiliate them.

it works from 75% to 84% on space animals.

I've done it on Marth, you have to be on a platform and when marth is under you just dair then punch. (works at 64% to 72%) I'm not sure if it works on other floaties like marth.

Brent McGarvey

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the reply to a super old thread, but I have been doing some research on this and it also works on another Falcon from about 80-90%, in case anyone who stumbles upon this might like the info

j3ly

Smash Champion
Thanks I may have to falcon ditto the (old) best falcon main in the UK at the next tournament for the throne, I'd like to land this combo twice during the set.

80-90.
80-90.

Got it.

Top Bottom