• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TANG 21.5!! This weekend (1-20-07)! Jesse's Mom is crazy!!!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Sorry for the extremely short notice on this, but I saw some interest in the other Oregon thread, so Jesse and I thought we'd hold something for the people that would actually be able to make it. It's going to be at Jesse's house, you can arrive Friday afternoon (like around 4) and stay until whenever Sunday. The tournament will be on Saturday as always, with the rest of the time open for friendlies.

TANG 21.5

Where: 450 SE Cochran Dr., Sherwood, OR, 97140

Rules:
4 stock 8:00 minute limit
No Items
If time runs out, Match decided based on stock. If stock is tied, decided on %. If % is tied, Sudden Death is played out.

- Double Elimination
- Each set is best 2 of 3 (although finals may be 3 of 5)
- Dave's Stupid Rule: You can't counter pick the stage you last won on.
- Stage Ban: Before the set, each player may choose one stage (either a random or counterpick stage) which cannot be played for the entirety of that set.
- Advanced SLOB picks: How to choose stage/character after a match. First loser says the stage he will pick (or say to go random), then the winner can change character, and then loser can change character.
- Double Blind if necessary: If you are worried about your opponent countering your character, you can call a double blind. You need to get a "judge" (ie. someone not playing) and all players whisper to that person which character they will pick. Then they pick the character. This is good if your opponent plays a wide range of characters that counter you and you only have a couple good characters.
- Neutral Stages (On random select): Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Counter Pick Stages (Can counter pick after losing, in addition to the neutral stages): Kongo Jungle, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
All other stages are banned.

Team Rule Exceptions:
Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned because of lag.
Team Attack is ON
Life Stealing Allowed

- Performance Mods to controllers (short hop mod, L trigger mod, etc.) are banned. If you are caught using an enhanced controller you will be Disqualified from the tournament.
- Third party controllers can be used, but any macro, turbo, slow, or other game altering buttons can not be. If you are suspected of using those buttons, you won't be able to use that controller any longer.
- Use wavebirds at your own risk.
- If there is a problem with your controller, your opponent must pause the game and it will be looked at. If there is a problem, you may switch controllers. No match will be replayed because of a controller fault, it is your responsibility to make the problem known, and your opponent must pause the game in a reasonable amount of time.
- Glitches that in any way make a match unfinishable (IC freeze glitch for example) are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
- Tactics that excessively stall a match (Peach wallbomb, luigi ladder) are banned and grounds for immediate forfeit of the match.
- No refunds once the tournament has started. Money for entrance is only collected just before the tournament starts, so if brackets are made up and you've played, you void your right to a refund.

- Bring Your Own Controller.

$5 entry for singles and $5 per team

Jesse wants the entrance fee debated, so post what amount you would like it to be since this is probably going to be semi-small and just a fun smashfest. So yeah, $5 is the maximum it'll be.

Bring TVs and stuff!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
oh yeah, first post! i am DEFINITELY going to be making this (possibly all 3 days) and unless a crazy storm hits, which is incredibly unlikely, that would probably be the only reason i wouldn't make it. kevin is smashing again!

RAWR!

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i think that we should do a 2 dollar entry fee but i might need a ride and i don't know were jesse's house is sooo yea, if i am getting a ride cough* james cough* i would like to show up on friday if it's alright with whoever is taking me.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
its not that we hate it we just prefer oregon over it now what we really hate is those stupid little things on the end of shoe laces its just too much

brdy_

Smash Lord
Hey those things help the shoelace go through the holes to lace the shoe up.

Anyhow.. you guys should just drive all the way to the Spokane Tourney imo.. looks like we're gonna have a good tournout already.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys hate WA now or something? jeeze, its not our fault you can't handle pumping gas/sales tax...
What are you talking but EGGZ??? You know Jesse and I Love you. We fight over you all the time. Right Jesse? OC George <3's Eggz

James, you should make a list of whos going. It will be greatly appreciated. thanks...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
ok ill do it come over tomorrow and ill actually attempt to beat your puff this time with someone that is actually good against her and not someone like my poopy fox

and if i don't beat it how about i bring a tv and cube to make for more smash time :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
When I asked Jesse & James about going up to WA they both slapped me across the face. I know you love them, but they don't like any poultry product, not even omlets. Unthinkable!

PS: The things at the end of shoelaces that help you lace your shoes are called aglets. And I do not have any because I do not wear shoes with shoelaces. It's true, ever look at my boots? Only buckles. This further proves how much Eugene <3s Washington.

PPS: Jesse & James both hate Eggz with a passion, don't bother asking them because you know it's totally the truth that does not need investigation (they just slapped me just for typing Eggz's name [they slapped me again]).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, Eggz, OR doesn't hate WA. Snow hates WA... at least when driving to WA. Oh, and distance hates WA. Distance + Snow = no OR.

James, I want to come, but you should raise the entrance fee to a gajillion dollars. Yeah... a gajillion. And you should melt all the snow, dry up all the melted snow, and make song birds follow our car up to Portland with a warm western breeze smelling of buttercups.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The snow is practically all melted, at least in Tualatin/Sherwood, is it still below freezing for everyone else?

I don't know if I can really pick anyone up for this, I have about a quarter of gas in my tank, and no money with which to purchase more, so yeah, probably can't pick up people.

Timmy/Tommy - If you guys come, I'll MM your for $10 each, or however much you want. That way you will still make money even if the tourney entrance is low.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
thats a lot of money there timmy i think i might end up money matching some people too just to see if i can win some money for SF: E instead of asking my parents for money and yea kevin it has been since tang 19 and that was my first tourney too lol

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
well i will gladly be at this because it is only like 30 minutes plus max ride if i walk and i don't know if my whole crew will be there though due to the short notice but me: emperor, Ryan, Devn, Maybe Ace, Maybe Kyle, and probably not Erik, Maa$, or Coco

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
i've also never been to smashfest a eugene T-T i hope i can make SF:E, but eugene may be a bit too far for my parent's tastes... and my parents, like doc_holiday, won't let me take a ride with strangers too far so that doesn't help at all...

foos, moneymatch? (that is if i finally stop being a chicken and start moneymatching, i've NEVER EVER moneymatch'd before haha)

EDIT: peach masta, if i crawl out of the shell that is my fear of moneymatching, wanna moneymatch?

Juce

Smash Ace
so is there going to be a lot of money matches this weekend?

i don't want the cops to come and bust this up...

on another note, money match anyone?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
ill money match you kevin but you will probably win hows a buck sound it's like all i got, and i would MM you juce but i might as well just give my money to you.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
ill money match you kevin but you will probably win hows a buck sound it's like all i got, and i would MM you juce but i might as well just give my money to you.
i'll use bowser, in which case you'd probably win

james, make the TANG threads like t!mmy's from now on. it looks SOOO much nicer.

rawr

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I don't really like how Timmy's is set up, but I could change it for the future I guess. His way takes too much effort, at least the first time, but we'll see.

So yeah, I want money matches with everyone, like $0.25 - $1.00 mostly for funsies.

Jesse - I'm buying Riesens for this weekend and will call you when you are out of school. PSP match? 3 out of 5?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Alright well i don't know if i will be able to come since i read it wrong. I though it was in portland so but it is not so that is a problem bt if all of you could help me out with telling me some sort of transportation for me and my friends that would be great.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The way I make tournament threads didn't take much effort since I copy & paste the previous thread, then add in small things each time.

Imagine how nice, efficient, and clear TANG threads would be after 21.5 threads. ;)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not sure where exactly you are in Gresham, but Tri-Met said that from "City of Gresham" you walk and board the number 12 bus, which goes into Portland and then continues to Sherwood. In Sherwood you get off in Old Town next to the railroad tracks, with a bunch of little stores like Rainbow Market and Sherwood Coffee Company near it. From there, call my cell phone (971-998-6291) and I can come pick you guys up from the stop, since it's a bit of a walk.

The bus ride says it's about a 2 hour ride, so yeah, hopefully that's not too much of a problem (DS Lites?) and you guys can make it.

EDIT** I might divide stuff up like you did Timmy, but it seems unnecessary. I guess I'll money match Jesse for what layout the next thread will have.

Top Bottom