• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tan Army Gaming x Capitol Fight District - $100 bonus for Persona 4 Arena!

ninjay

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I am the event organizer for this tournament. If you have any questions/concerns, please let me know here, pm, or email ninjaysrk@gmail.com.

Since Persona 4 Arena is causing the community to grow, we will be adding a bonus of $100 for first place in out P4A tourney! Also, with the help from TAG, we will be adding Super Smash Bros Brawl to our tournament lineup as well.

We will not be running Madden this time so that we can focus on organizing an event for Madden 2013.

We will be serving snacks, burgers, hot dogs, and drinks at the venue.

NOS will be providing energy drinks for FREE!!!!

The LIMN Building (Also known as the Fusion Intl Art Center)
501 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA

When:

Sunday August 26th. Doors open at 12:00 and the tourneys will start at 2:00

Games and Rules:

SSFIVAE 2012:
-double elim.
-loser can change character.
-PS3 or 360
-byoc

UMvC3
-double elim. 3/5 for all matches
-loser can change team
-PS3 or 360
-byoc

MK9
-double elim. 2/3 grand finals 3/5
-loser can change character
-Kratos is banned
-PS3or 360
-byoc

P4A
-double elim. 2/3 grand finals 3/5
-loser can change character
-PS3or 360
-byoc

Super Smas Bros Brawl (Singles)

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter pick stages:

Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

-3 stock, 8 min, 2/3
-Items OFF
-Losers Finals, Winners Finals, and Grand Finals will be 3/5
-Double Elimination
-Loser can change characters
-Pause set to OFF
-no game freezing glitches
-no stalling
-byoc

Super Smash Bros Brawl (doubles)

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter pick stages:

Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

-3 stock, 8 min, 2/3
-Team Mode ON
-Items OFF
-Losers Finals, Winners Finals, and Grand Finals will be 3/5
-Double Elimination
-Loser can change characters
-Pause set to OFF
-no game freezing glitches
-no stalling
-Double MK is banned
-byoc

Casuals:
All games will be playable before and after the tourney.

We will do our best to have Skullgirls, Blazblue, KOFXIII and SCV set up for casuals before, during and after the tourney.

Cost:

One time venue fee per person $5
Entry fee $5ea for AE, MK, P4U, Melee, Brawl and UMvC3.
All tournaments are split 70/20/10

Until I have enough setups, I will need help with them. If you can, please bring monitors, consoles, and games to help speed up the tournaments.

If you show up with a full setup (monitor, console, and game) I will waive the $5 venue fee. This is good for the first 5 people who bring setups.

Stream:

FinestKO will be streaming this event. You can view the stream at twitch.tv/finestko

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
Was wondering where TAG went O_o I think I can actually make this one. School starts next week so if I don't get bombarded with tons of homework I'll definitely be there this time.

Edit: Also Brawl is normally 3 stocks, how come this one is 4 stocks?

ninjay

Smash Rookie
Was wondering where TAG went O_o I think I can actually make this one. School starts next week so if I don't get bombarded with tons of homework I'll definitely be there this time.

Edit: Also Brawl is normally 3 stocks, how come this one is 4 stocks?
fixed. thanks for the heads up.

Also, since there is a Melee only tourney in Concord the same day, I am removing Melee from the tournament. I am adding Brawl Doubles to fill the slot.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Bump!

Extra hype to finally go back to a TAG tournament! No Project:M? Might as well since Melee is being removed. Why isn't there enough time for both Brawl Singles/Doubles at the same time? Not like it gets 2008 attendants quota...

Also, kinda interested to see how P4A plays out ^_^ I want to see how well everyone has gotten here in Sac at the game.
Anyways, yeah I don't see why TAG can't manage Brawl Singles/Doubles at the same time like we ALWAYS had since the beginning of the series.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
I don't own P4A but it's fun to watch. I'll probably get it soon... after I beat P3 and P4 for the first time O_o

samus73

Smash Rookie
melee?

Hi guys, I want to know because I'm really not sure, is melee gonna be at this tournament or not? Because Sac is closer for me than concord, so I hope I'll can go there and play melee instead of going to Concord for the Rule 6 tournament. Can someone give me a answer asap, because I need to know what I'm gonna do before it's too late ^^

thks

ninjay

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I want to know because I'm really not sure, is melee gonna be at this tournament or not? Because Sac is closer for me than concord, so I hope I'll can go there and play melee instead of going to Concord for the Rule 6 tournament. Can someone give me a answer asap, because I need to know what I'm gonna do before it's too late ^^

thks
I wasnt going to run brackets for Melee since Rule 6 is an all Melee tourney. I am getting emails and requests to still run Melee because they cannot make it to Rule 6.

I want to encourage everyone to go there because they posted first and I am sure that is where the best players will be. If people cant make it to Rule 6 and show up to CFD, I will run a bracket or at least have a casual setup.

samus73

Smash Rookie
melee

I just let you know that it might be hard for me to go to Concord, so if I don't find a carpool solution, I'll probably go to Sac, and hope to find some melee player.
So if other people want to play melee in Sac, let a post here so we can see who is interested.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
My question still hasn't been answered though:

Why is there time constraint on Brawl to only have Singles allowed, but since Melee is being removed, it now has time?

I don't follow Melee, but I know that the players themselves could run the tournament independently, as can the brawl players. :S

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
My question still hasn't been answered though:

Why is there time constraint on Brawl to only have Singles allowed, but since Melee is being removed, it now has time?

I don't follow Melee, but I know that the players themselves could run the tournament independently, as can the brawl players. :S
There wasn't originally going to be Brawl Doubles. It was going to be Brawl Singles and Melee singles. Melee was taken out due to Rule 6 and has been replaced by Brawl Doubles. At least that's what I saw when the thread was first posted.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
But why no Doubles in the first place? Lack of interest? I swear, Norcal is THE best region in Doubles and yet no one does it... why?! They're always fun. -__-* Not having a partner is no excuse.

ninjay

Smash Rookie
But why no Doubles in the first place? Lack of interest? I swear, Norcal is THE best region in Doubles and yet no one does it... why?! They're always fun. -__-* Not having a partner is no excuse.
TBH I am not sure what our local smash communities like. This is why I have invited TAG to team up with me so that we can run the best tournaments we can for both of our scenes. For the next event, Jaryd will be posting all of the info for the smash tournaments. If he used to run doubles for Brawl and Melee, then he will most likely set up brackets for it.

There are no time restraints, but I would like to have everything done before 8-8:30.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
If anyone decent wants to team with me, im down. My old partner that I was going to enter with has to work :(

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone that lives in Sacramento and going to this house me today?

:phone:

Edit: never mind,I was able to work something out. Thanks anyway :)

Edit 2: HYPE! :) can't wait for this, hope everyone is ready and everyone has a fun time. I know I will be.

ninjay

Smash Rookie
Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday! We will be adding a $50 or more bonus to a different game each event from now on.

Top 3 results of all games:

P4A

1: AWA Pain ($108.50 + $100.00 bonus)
2: GC|AWA|Dacidbro ($31.00)
3: AWA Dark Talon ($15.50)

UMVC3

1: MC|Honzo Gonzo ($49.00)
2: MC|Kbeast ($14.00)
3: apology man ($7.00)

AE

1: bsida ($42.00)
2: pee jay ($12.00)
3: tran ($6.00)

Melee

1: dp ($45.50)
2: catnip ($13.00)
3: drgn ($6.50)

Brawl

1: catnip ($52.50)
2: viru5 ($15.00)
3: d12 ($7.50)

Wound Cowboy won the MK 6 man round robin ($30.00)

Next TAG x CFD is scheduled for 9/15

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
GGs ery1. See you on the 15th. :)

Also $50+ pot bonus for Brawl so more ppl show up k? k.

Top Bottom