• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa ISL/Lamugi Bi-Weeklies 2-7-09

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Okay so here it is.

The second of our Bi-Weeklies will be held TBA
We will be however still having a smashfest of some sort :p around 8-12 people, PM me or Lamugi
In an attempt to liven up the Melee community around Tampa, and even more generally Florida for that matter we will be holding this, of course every two weeks. We will be actively posting, so if it is NOT in two weeks just check up or PM me or Lamugi for any details. Melee is just too fun and we just can't let it die out. Let's all get together and bring it back to life every two weeks by coming to this :p.

The last tournament went well (lil late sorry about that), as Lamugi was tired/dumb XD Which is fine :p He stayed up the entire night before that. Everyone still had tons of fun and we are hoping to preserve this. Pretty much the only problem was the time, but everything still happened the way it needed to. Keep up and train at our tournaments, even if you're not going to enter it will be guaranteed that you will have plenty of friendlies.

Now things will be much smoother, as we now know how long it takes for various trips, setting up, and we don't have to clean house as much (Although expect it cleaner still :p) We will also try to use more available space in the house instead of the two rooms used previously (We will bring more chairs).

Obviously this can be used as great practice as we have a low entrance fee and don't pot **** at all XD.

Entrance Fee is $5 each, both Singles and Doubles ($5 PER person 10$ Total as a team) (If we start getting people consistently coming and asking to up the ante we can happily make it more, this tournament is coming from you guys so speak up!)
The pot will be split up into
1st: 60%
2cd:30%
3rd:10%
Time: 2-7-09 Probably around 2:00 or 3:00 we will be starting Doubles, Singles will start at around 5:00 or 6:00.
Where:
Address:
9226 Spy Glass Ct
Tampa, FL 33615
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tampa&state=FL&address=9226+Spy+Glass+Ct+&zipcode=33615
What: Melee Doubles and Singles. (We might start up Brawl later, if you want to come for friendlies come ahead, but Brawl will not take up Tourny T.V.'s)
Why: Melee is too good!
How: Awesomely.

We will have recording equipment this time around. Default is obviously going to be any sort of finals match.
However on other matches that we see fit and awesome, we will record that as well. If you want your match recorded come to me or Lamugi.

Also please bring setups. For the most part we will have at least four Setups going on.
I'll get your name down here if you are bring a setup.
1. Covered
2. Covered
3. Covered
4. Covered

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first (64 or more people) follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at OUR discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
Yes!

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Okay so here it is.

The second of our Bi-Weeklies will be held 2-7-09.
In an attempt to liven up the Melee community around Tampa, and even more generally Florida for that matter we will be holding this, of course every two weeks. We will be actively posting, so if it is NOT in two weeks just check up or PM me or Lamugi for any details. Melee is just too fun and we just can't let it die out. Let's all get together and bring it back to life every two weeks by coming to this :p.

The last tournament went well (lil late sorry about that), as Lamugi was tired/dumb XD Which is fine :p He stayed up the entire night before that. Everyone still had tons of fun and we are hoping to preserve this. Pretty much the only problem was the time, but everything still happened the way it needed to. Keep up and train at our tournaments, even if you're not going to enter it will be guaranteed that you will have plenty of friendlies.

Now things will be much smoother, as we now know how long it takes for various trips, setting up, and we don't have to clean house as much (Although expect it cleaner still :p) We will also try to use more available space in the house instead of the two rooms used previously (We will bring more chairs).

Obviously this can be used as great practice as we have a low entrance fee and don't pot **** at all XD.

Entrance Fee is $5 each, both Singles and Doubles ($5 PER person 10$ Total as a team) (If we start getting people consistently coming and asking to up the ante we can happily make it more, this tournament is coming from you guys so speak up!)
The pot will be split up into
1st: 60%
2cd:30%
3rd:10%
Time: 2-7-09 Probably around 2:00 or 3:00 we will be starting Doubles, Singles will start at around 5:00 or 6:00.
Where:
Address:
9226 Spy Glass Ct
Tampa, FL 33615
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tampa&state=FL&address=9226+Spy+Glass+Ct+&zipcode=33615
What: Melee Doubles and Singles. (We might start up Brawl later, if you want to come for friendlies come ahead, but Brawl will not take up Tourny T.V.'s)
Why: Melee is too good!
How: Awesomely.

We will have recording equipment this time around. Default is obviously going to be any sort of finals match.
However on other matches that we see fit and awesome, we will record that as well. If you want your match recorded come to me or Lamugi.

Also please bring setups. For the most part we will have at least four Setups going on.
I'll get your name down here if you are bring a setup.
1. Covered
2. Covered
3. Covered
4. Covered

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first (64 or more people) follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at OUR discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
Yes!

LOL i love how more organized this is, but its not even happening

for shame :(

PolMex23

Smash Champion
?....

Why

Someone inform me what going on why is Danny Cakes so into Smash now an Noel is being a ***** like always but now more so than ever?

Some one inform me

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Well as I said earlier its more about us collaborating. If you don't want it on that date then that's fine. Either way you said bi-weeklies, which means the next specific date would be 2-07-09. I just decided to make an organized thread for it. The last one you made had something funky going on in the address and people had no idea where they were going. I figured making this thread would make people much more comfortable that they would be going to something successful. Either way there isn't too much hype and a gigs DID just happen last Saturday so I'm pretty sure we can reschedule. Perhaps on the 14th or 21st?
Also you're right :p We can't go getting rusty while trying to hold tournies :)

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
proxies are too good

Post the full results for noels last tourney plz

or at least pm me brackets

also, I can't make this anymore for some stupid stuff.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
So... is this going to happen...? Or am I going to get my hopes up... only to be disappointed and bored at the same time?

edit: I would absolutely love for this to happen this weekend. I don't think anybody from out of he area would come, but a decent sized Tamperfest would be nice.

double edit: I'm linking this thread from Polmex's "uber hyped nothing happening this weekendness because he's going to Philly" thread.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Well a smashfest can easily just be in a friends house :p
However a tournament we will have to postpone if we don't have any definite venue information :( oh well. But ya, me and lamugi need some practice, we might team some time. In fact I'ma edit the thread to sponsor more of a fest. Lamugi and I will definitely be having a tournament sometimes around though.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Yo,.. if the fest is still being held,.. count me and monk in.... I can also bring a tv/wii/powerstrip/brawl/melee

OverLade

Smash Hero
Needs more barwl. I have a date this saturday so have fun guiz. :D

Im gonna see if I can go PnT or if u guys can come to my house so I can lern u barwl.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
lade's parents finally arent stopping him from going to a smash event, and now he has to get all social or some bull**** like that. haha jk i mite be doin stuff too.....

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Yeah, not sure if anything's happening,.. might just end up chilling over here in Clearwater tomorrow. Dunno,... I'll find something to do out of the house.

Top Bottom