• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taming my pikachu - Disciple's C/C Thread

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Well it's been a long time since I've done this, but yeah I finally got some new melee vids of me trying to get better at Melee again. Aarosmashguy was hanging out with me the other night, so I thought of recording some matches, so I can improve my pika game, I felt that my performance ability wise was terrible but I'm improving on it I swear.

Disciple vs Aarosmashguy

vs. Mario

vs. Samus

vs Fox

vs Falcon

vs Marth

vs Falco

I'll keep updating this thread with more vids, I have a lot more to upload but those should be semi decent.

I'll greatly appreciate all of the comments and critique you guys can give.

AXE 09

Smash Master
yesssssssss! dude i'm so glad you're playing more melee now =) i can't watch the vids at the moment, but please keep 'em coming!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
yay, I'm so glad you finally got some new melee vids up, I used to watch the **** outa you and zues when I first started.

I only watched a couple vids for now, but from what I saw I really can't help you out because you either made a decision I would make or you made a better one(which is what I expected tbh), especially vs mario, I'm so bad vs mario.

also: are you coming to smym11? you should, pikas are gonna **** that **** up, axe you need to come too, take some midwest money or something

AXE 09

Smash Master
just watched all of them. i saw you going for a few up-b edge cancels, heck yeah man =) lol

memories man... i remember, you were the FIRST pikachu main that i ever met besides myself, and i was so shocked at how good you were. we were pretty much even lol. didn't you tell me that the next time we meet, you were gonna be a heck of a lot better than you were, and that you'd keep practicing? now's your chance to keep your word, please don't let me down lol

hey dude, are you still moving to tucson?

tdk: can you link me the thread for smym11?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
TDK I wish I could but I have to work that weekend. I need the hours, AXE I'm making my promise that I'm moving down there happen no matter what. As well I'm making my promise in improving in this game, I needed to put up these vids to show what I'm trying to do to get better, I still need to break out of my laziness though. A lot more vids to come.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258957 smym 11 axe

btw, if you decide to go and there is a cheaper flight to springfield take it and I'll drive you there no gas charge, and I might even be able to house you. as long as you don't do some eggm or m2kesque things when your housed. And I will totally $10 dollar money match you to help you win some of your travel fees, but I guess ten dollars isn't alot, so thats up for thought atm

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I heard about eggm, but what did M2K do? lol

Oh yeah, more vid guys.

Falcon vids are coming up, but I'm so ashamed of myself for letting him back on so easily in them. I feel now that I have new vids up I can see where I need to improve and what I should keep doing to get better.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
umm does someone else wanna tell the story? lol, he prolly name searches and would hate me forever, but basically there was adult entertainment involved

edit: hmm, I notice you like to tech chase with forward smash, hmm, how do other pikas feel about this, I always figured upsmash would be best, I assumed it came out faster, but I'm not gonna tell you what to do in this thread, rather I will bring up things you do that I feel a pika better than myself should comment on, because I only actually give advice to people around the skill level where they are learning to l cancel and stuff

D. Disciple

Smash Master
It's cool man, thanks for watching my vids from when I started out to now I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to up my game a lot more than this.

Axe, be prepared to see a lot more crazy things you can do with Pikachu.

More vids too btw.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
I just finished watching the rest of your vids, and like I said I don't feel comfortable giving advice to people I'm pretty sure are better than me, but I do feel comfortable saying this, you need more ftilt, you let fox back on the stage all day. I see you like to do a bunch of **** off the stage/ledge, and once in a while you'll forward smash, but ftilt is safer than all of those, especially when they are below the stage on the vertical axis. Like unless you just backthrew, (you got them off the stage from a nair in the middle or something) I'm pretty sure the best idea is to ftilt till they are at killing percentage, then fsmash.

and the eggm thing involved a toilet, but I don't like to post stories like these, cause I wouldn't want them posted about me.

also 1980, did you happen to go to the CoF last sunday?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
It's cool, you're pointing out things that I've noticed too and I feel like I should mix up my tech chasing as well, and certain times I feel like I should have usmashed out of shield.

More vids are up with collapsing power!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Wow you upload alot, first thing, what is your tag, is it hirigana for di sa i pu ? or something

I only watched the marth ones for now cause I love that matchup, like its prolly my favorite

I noticed a couple of things

when you were recovering you seemed to pool out that old school upair under bf and fd that I only see anther, kels, and now you do, I think I'ma steal that.

you seemed to roll in alot of places I woulda wave dashed outa shield, maybe its the brawl coming out in your game play or something, but I do feel that matchup is alot about spacing, so wd is nice for that, and marth ****s rolls up.

when you want to, your DI is absolute sex, like i didn't see it in a couple vids, but eventually you started to DI marths throws right, and on dreamland I believe, that one stock you were recovering for like 100 percent and each time I'm like hes dead...nope

as I said about the other vids, you seem tailspike happy when there are safer options, and alot of time when you would take other options besides tailspikes it would pay off, this aint 2006 no more, that tailspike **** is expected, like tail spike seems to have become more situational and used as a surprise, and its apearent to me when I watch more recent chad and axe vids

1:35 on pokestadium match, wtf was that?!?! can you do that on any char, or just some, at what percents, is it techable, just wtf man, I need to know, as axe would say, that was freakin amazing

you airdodge above the stage alot, I don't like it, but maybe more advanced pikas than myself would have agree with your decision, but you got punished for it like everytime almost, if I'm above marth, I'm super scared too, but I don't really air dodge, dair, up b away, idk, but I don't like airdodge vs marth

at first I was like wow why is this kid forward smashing so much, but as I watched and watched I came around more and more, marth isn't used to people out ranging him, and f smash is like 1 of 3ish? attacks that can or something, so I guess its kinda mind games, although I still don't like it for techchasing, but that could be just me.

also, love the new OP layout, I'ma have to figure out how to do that

D. Disciple

Smash Master
it's Hitokage, broken japanese for the win.

Chudat showed me that when I mm'd him at FCD. He chain grabbed my pikachu with his pikachu on corneria (I think he cp'd it) and told it me it worked until 40% then they start to bounce out of it and yeah I believe it can work on everyone until 40%.

and to do that is really simple, I had to ask espy to remind me how to do it.

just put in collapse for your tags and there you go.

Also back then my three favorite ways of edge guarding was tail spike, nair from ledge hop and fsmash. I was having trouble doing nairs from the ledge (from a lot of dairs you see in most of the matches) that I was like f it and kept going for tail spikes. (I still love them and was really good at pulling them off when I wanted.)

Top Bottom