• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

talking during battles?

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Talking works beautifully in friendlies
It works great for mindgames. ( Shout out hiyaaaaa to make them shield then finish him! )

Works good with combos for falcon

Knee--> "f*** you"

"f*** you" -->Knee

f***uthrow--> f***uair-->Knee

I need a swear jar.

marth8000

Smash Cadet
i don't mind talking while playing melee it really doesn't bother me at all hell talking to each other makes it better

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
i don't mind talking while playing melee it really doesn't bother me at all hell talking to each other makes it better
Lol trust me, this dude is a scrub and an extreme johner i mean he started a thread because i spot-doge his spammed fsmash and grabs ^_^

On another note i don't mind talking as long as it isn't too distracting or the other perso is not johning or being a scrub.

Scrubs piss me off.

Wap Wap Wap Wap

This Is Why Hes King!
Aww man,Shy Guys.Somebody call King Koopa.

PC wants it back,PC wants it back!!!

I typically talk alot in my friendlies(And so do they).

Just for laughs I would pick Samus,get the enemy off stage,then start using my charge beam while screamin"IMMA CHARGIN' MA LAZER!!"

Cracks me up every time.:)

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Everybody talks a little crap, you can't avoid it. But if you're going to talk a lot of it, you better be able to back it up. :p

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
I think what's best is if you can manage to call your shots. Like, "i'm going to throw you, and then hit you with falcon punch as you tech." This, in turn, causes them to NOT tech, allowing your falcon punch to hit xD (It's only worked once, though...)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well I like to talk If the person is REALLY good or if I got a favorite KO

jmic

Smash Ace
I show no emotion whatsoever while playing. I really use my poker face when in tournaments.

But friendlies and FFAs, I talk so much ****. Just cause I'm Falcon, I'm able to take hella people out with spammed SHFFLed knees and Falcon Punches. Also, I like to call someone by name, have them look at me, and then knee them in the face in the game. It's awesome.

Whenever I land a falcon dive (his up+B) I just have to say "YES!" along with captain falcon.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
if i talk, i forget that im playing a game and start noobing.
When the audience talks, it sometimes is annoying as they might favor one more than the other(pc vs ken anyone?)

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Me and my buds talk smack during friendlies.

Sometimes we even voice record and add them on as commentaries, and we realize how much stupid crap we said.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I'll do an "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" as I DI a smash or two, and release my breath as i make it back. Or, if I just got hit too hard, i'll say "oh, dead" right before i hit the edge.

My friend can sometimes call out my techs verbally and capitolize on it. "now ROLL" and i'll roll and curse at the same time, haha.

usually in a tournament though i just keep it to the "oh, dead" thing. its not too bad cause i only do it to myself.

~Kenpachi

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I land a powerful hit on someone and it kills them I yell out "FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!!". This only makes sense in SSB64 because I don't use Falcon in Melee.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Just for laughs I would pick Samus,get the enemy off stage,then start using my charge beam while screamin"IMMA CHARGIN' MA LAZER!!"

Cracks me up every time.:)
I don't get it. :confused:

When i had melee i never spoke to much, i'm just not a talkitive person. Although one of my friends likes to scream "NESS IS GAAAAAY!!!" In a high-pitched voice. Funny, not to mention a great way to piss-off ness mains ;)

Top Bottom