• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia (Character discussion) thread

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
i never thought about this untill now, but tales of symphonia characters would be a great addition to brawl. what do you guys think?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Guess you missed the Lloyd Irving thread that was here a few days ago...
Yes, there are people like myself who want to see Tales characters like him here. Will it happen? We don't know. The delay of Brawl means more time will be spent to expand the game, including the character roster. So maybe seeing someone from the Tales series isn't such a fantasy as it was.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
no there not owned by nintendo, but since they had there on game for gamecube theres a possiblty that they could have a chance on brawl. i just hope this chance takes affect.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about this. I like the game, but Lloyd and Kratos would just be another two swordsmen. The Tales of Symphonia character I really want to see in Brawl (and I know he isn't popular enough) is Regal. Think about how awesome and original his fighting style would be. He looks really cool when he fights, and there's no one with a style that's anything like him in the game.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
no there not owned by nintendo, but since they had there on game for gamecube theres a possiblty that they could have a chance on brawl. i just hope this chance takes affect.
There are better second party characters so none of them will get in and it doesn't matter that they were on the GC they would still be second party. Also there are individual threads for most of them.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Well, if any ToS character was to be added, i would want either Presaya, Genis, or Raine.
Reason being: different style of fighting.
Presaya: Axe user, something we don't have yet and it would be cool to have someone who uses an Axe rather than a sword.
Raine: uses a staff. I would much rather see Krystal in brawl than Raine, but hey it would be fun to thwack someone on the head with a staff! ^_^
Genis: Paddle ball thingie user (I forgott what they were called -.-') plus he could cast, along with Raine to provide alot of ranged attacks.

Phew. there, those are my choices :D oh and, Lloyd and Kratos would be cool too, but im not sure we need any more sword users eh? ;)

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about this. I like the game, but Lloyd and Kratos would just be another two swordsmen. The Tales of Symphonia character I really want to see in Brawl (and I know he isn't popular enough) is Regal. Think about how awesome and original his fighting style would be. He looks really cool when he fights, and there's no one with a style that's anything like him in the game.
Well this thread in genral, not gonna happen...never ever. But it would be cool. Im totally gonna say not Raine, Genis, Sheena, Collete and...maybe Presea, there needs to be an axe user. Umm Lyod, all cool fans thinks hes kinda gay Im mean hes voiced by the same guy as robin -_-;;;. Ok but now the purpose of the quote. Umm "just be another two swordsmen" WTF. How are sword users any inferior to hand-to-hand fighters? Thats right not at all. Plenty of Nintendo characters use swords and/or weapons on general. I mean theres already another forum about how that line "another sword user" is really gay. Not trying to be offensive, I just hate that line with the passion of 1000 suns.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah saying that someone is "just another sword user" is like saying that we shouldn't have Snake because he's "just another guy who uses his hands to fight". Creators can't help it if more than 1 of their awesome characters have swords; that's what makes them, them. BTW Lloyd has not one but two swords. That leads to a completely different style compared to that of one sword. Plus, the battle system in ToS was a little similar to Melee, making it less of a challenge to make his transition into Brawl. Tales series is popular in Japan you know...more people should consider it. Ok so maybe it isn't Namco's first choice but I still believe he should have a place.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
<3 you guys who support Tales of Symphonia, quite possibly the best game on the cube. It would also be very easy to see them in brawl due to the similarity of Symphonia's battle system and melee's.

And omg just imagine Abyssion as a playable character with the Shadow Temple/Exire/Mithos' Castle as a playable stage and the Abyssion music "Fatalize" as battle music. ZOMG THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!111!!!111!!

Too bad Namco has gone gay though... or this might actually have become a reality... Sony is teh suck...

Oh and Seishiro: You're right, Sethlon owns.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Is regal the one with the long blueish hair and the tied hands? id rather have sheena, even though both of those characters have practically no chance of getting in.

Cless

Smash Champion
If they were going to put someone in that was in a Tales game on Nintendo, I'd rather have Cless. Much better than Lloyd. If you played ToP you'd see. Plus ToS sold badly on the Gamecube in Japan.

Anyway, I think Lloyd would be a good choice, but Tales isn't really asssociated with Nintendo since almost all of it's games have been on Playstation.

Who knows? Maybe they'll pull a Roy and put someone in from Swords of Legendia to promote the game.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
As much as I like the Tales series, I can't see this happening, although it could be nice. A Tales only fighting game similar to Smash would be sick though.

Cless

Smash Champion
I didn't say it didn't sell well, I said the Gamecube version sold like crap. That's why it was re-released on PS2 where it sold better. I'm very well aware of the ToS OVA as well as the ToP one and the ToE one.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
if any ToS characters get in i want to be Lloyd. I agree Lloyd may be a swordsman, but the thing is he wields two swords making his moveset to be totally different and unique compared to other swordsman in the game. Although his chance may be slim, i would like to see this happen.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Did the PS2 version come out in America or was it only in Japan? I know the title is supposed to be magenta-colored but I've never seen it.

Cless

Smash Champion
It was only released in Japan. They added some stuff to it too. ToS sold rather well here, but I think people only liked it for its 3-D qualities because Phantasia for the GBA and Legendia sold rather poorly here, but people are bound to like Abyss.

I really want to get TotW: Radient Mythology and the remake of Tales of Destiny for the PS2, both of which will most likely not be released here.

Anyway, if any Tales character were to make it into Smash, I would automatically make them my main no matter how bad he/she was.

justice

Smash Ace
I would love to see some of my favorite symphonia characters on brawls. But I wonder why not the many people want them there. This thread is kinda to small and only have 2 pages for all the other fans of symphonia.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, this thread is also quite old... Still, you gotta love the Tales. Not many people really ever played or heard of Tales here in America, which is why they haven't got as much support. For all of you that DO know, well then God bless you.

Everyone play Tales of the Abyss...!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I would love to see some of my favorite symphonia characters on brawls. But I wonder why not the many people want them there. This thread is kinda to small and only have 2 pages for all the other fans of symphonia.
There aren't many supporters of them becaus ethey are third party charcters, so they lack a reasonable possibility of being in the game with other third party charcters being supported adimitely. One such charcter is Megaman and another is Geno. Sonic has a large following aswell.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yup those 3 have higher priority, so to speak. Unless developers run out of characters to choose (which they won't) they aren't going to turn to Tales any time soon.

justice

Smash Ace
Yeah and I realized I sent my request list to late maybe for the Tales of characters since it ended in June.

T-major

Smash Champion
I haven't played the game, so all I really know about it is that that main character has two swords (if he is the main character?). a character with two swords would be interesting... very interesting! but since I haven't played the game, thats really all I can say. the duel sword character should be WW Ganondorf, he has a good chance of getting in (even better chance if WW Link gets in)

by the way, is ToS battales similar to Melee? I thought is was turn based.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The only similarity you can make out if it is the neutral A hits, you can jump (barely), and your special attacks are B moves, like in Melee. That means right B, left B, down B, up B, neutral B...except you can assign your special moves. Even thought none of them would make it to Brawl, it's still a cool game to check out...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Tales of the Abyss is maybe the best Tales game out there so far. It's pretty long too, and the battles are better and well thought-out. I suggest every Tales fan play this game. Now.

justice

Smash Ace
I just got it I love playing as guy he is like the llyod of the game. Well the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia was way better with the new overlimit cinemas and extra content. Especially the addition of the anime scences. I wish it came to the USA that would be awesome. Well no one could replace Sheena in Tales of Abyss. Because she was just perfection hahahahahahaa!

Cless

Smash Champion
I like Tear better than Sheena. I like playing as Luke more than Guy even though Guy has all the classic Tales moves. The only thing I don't like about the PS2 Symphonia is that the game runs more slowly than the GC version.

justice

Smash Ace
I like Tear better than Sheena. I like playing as Luke more than Guy even though Guy has all the classic Tales moves. The only thing I don't like about the PS2 Symphonia is that the game runs more slowly than the GC version.
When I was reffering to Sheena I was talking about evermind........
Well Tear is good I just need more time to play

Cless

Smash Champion

justice

Smash Ace
I wish I could give you rep for that but I can't because I already gave you rep for the last one. Sheena is a ninja a +, caring a plus, shy a ++, willing to fight what she believes in +, and well we know the rest+++++. She was perfect maybe except for some of her fighting moves. But that is what some people say . I have a good Sheena if you ask anyone who sees me play. She is one of my favorite characters.

Thanks for the images we should start a Tales of Symphonia club her to celebrate the Tales of Symphonia anime coming out in 2007. Now here are some images of Sheena

Umm......

I thought you might want to add this to your signature even though it is nothing but Phantasia

Elen

Smash Lord
OMG I hadn't even considered this. Lloyd, Kratos, or Yggdrasil would be so awesome in brawl. They'd actually maybe even make a nice replacement for Marth/Roy if they want to take out the Japanese only characters :p

Top Bottom