• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tale of 2 Olimars

Scylen

Smash Cadet
So me and my roomate were on last night looking for a brawl in 2vs2 but of course no one is ever looking for 2vs2 so we found a 1vs1 match. Dudes avatar looked like Olimar so of course we dreaded having to deal with the ****ing pikmin bs. So yeah he comes out as Olimar. My roomate plays as Jigglypuff and does some crazy **** with him. But he was defeated by Olimar. So my turn and i play as Pikachu. We are pretty even and as I'm trying to lure him off the stage, i accidentily kill myself but make somewhat of a comeback and the game disconnects. We got back on but i picked Wolf and although i almost never played wolf, i read he is the only character Olimar players fear. So guess what happened. He didn't draw any Pikmin, he basically floundered around getting the **** beat out of him. We didn't get it. Then we took turns as Jiggs and Pika beating him. Then i picked wolf again and he didn't fight back. My point is this. Deny it or not, Olimar is broken as ****. You pick a character with an obvious advantage over everyone and spam pikmin and smash attacks, and when you lose that advantage you don't want to give it your all or even anything? Say anything negative about anything, but what i want and what everyone else should want is 2 people going at it giving their all. Thats competition. You don't see football teams quitting with 10 minutes when they are behind 20 points. This is what i'm saying.... IF YOUR GONNA PLAY, PLAY HARD AND PLAY YOUR BEST OR DON'T PLAY AT ALL. Am i wrong?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Sounds like you need a diary.

It seems like half the roster is broken in one way or another. Yay balance?

AlexX

Smash Ace
Olimar players like myself fear a few characters, though really, Olimar isn't broken. You just have to get used to his unique fighting style (since as you've noticed, he's quite an oddball compared to most other fighters).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
yeah but olimars a diffrent kind of animal
And Dedede being able to K.O. at what? 13%? doesn't make him one?
Srsly, we all have playstyles with weaknesses and strengths. For example; I'm good at trapping enemies, which makes me good against characters like Marth and Dedede, but I forget to shield and dodge so I have harder trouble against Falco and G&W. It's probably just a similar case with you having a natural weakness against Olimar.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Sounds like your Olimar friend is terrible. I don't do that kind of ****. Is he too afraid of Wolf to fight back, or are you destroying him so bad that he can't do anything?

Olimar isn't broken. He has way too many bad matchups to be broken.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
we beat him as our regular mains all except my roomates first match against him as jigglypuff i beat him as pika and wolf. its just stupid he wouldn't fight back against wolf. i still think olimar is the most broke **** thing ever though even though he IS NOT the only broken character in the game.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
he just looked to be afraid. he drew no pikmin through the whole match and wouldn't do much of anything. i am not great with wolf

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
afraid of what? the **** manifesting outside his game and strangling him?

you said you beat him most of the time. that kinda proves olimar is not cheap.

whats the point of this topic anyways.

AnD2

Smash Rookie
I love playing as Olimar, he's got an amazing 3 hit combo KO that rocks anyone, especially Wolf.

Olimar's real challenge, well, to my style of play, is Marth.

Top Bottom