• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking time to realize your mistakes.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay so I was watching some replays of me playing more recently. Many people say I don't sheild enough and all that. I finally sat down and realized that was true. I get damaged so easily, but I'm hard to hit. When I do shield them, we're talking you'll win matches by so much more.

So I kinda wanted to make this, just to ask....who all have played me....what you thought about that shield problem.

And also, you want us to study your vids...throw that **** at us. XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Scatz, you have some of my videos. Is it possible for you to post them here for me?

Because I'm unable to do it myself. :(

I'd like to know what I need to improve on.

Airborne

Smash Lord
well chaco, you can check our dittos.... i've gotten a little better since then, but i don't believe i shield enough AT ALL. =\ probably less than you, in fact. XD btw, we should play some more dittos.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I need to play you again soon Scat. I can't beat Les now, no brag. Just skill statement for Scat.

Also, I haven't played on almost 3 weeks. Hopefully will be able to this weekend. And also, you shelded more than me. I hardly hit that button . Lmao.

And also go ahead Scat.

bigman40

Smash Master
I need to play you again soon Scat. I can't beat Les now, no brag. Just skill statement for Scat.

Also, I haven't played on almost 3 weeks. Hopefully will be able to this weekend. And also, you shelded more than me. I hardly hit that button . Lmao.

And also go ahead Scat.
Eh, I'm trying to figure out the reason why I play so differently against other people. I was thinking earlier that I play a style counter playstyle (weird o_0) cause my friend told me that I was instantly spacing soo well that he couldn't do anything as Zelda, but when he chose Kirby, I got 3 stocked cause I was used to playing an odd defensive style (I have to play aggressive to take on his kirby evenly). Idk...I guess you can see the difference through my videos, but it just seems off that I have something like that.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'll have to put my vids here when kirk uploads them. =)

I also have to play some more of you guys. >.<

edit: *looks at Scatz and Chaco*

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
I are wanted to play bwett
we never really manage to be on at same time
*sigh* fail

anyway i'll post a few of my vids soon

im gonna have some new ones soon too

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
i have never played anyone here, maybe because i have no GOOD internet, (i have dial-up) but i would like to play some of you guys some time in the next couple of weeks since its easy for me to aquire DSL.

so if any of you guys want a fight or two PM me i guess so you can give intel to my style of fighting, i know im a bit different then you guys. also if you can record that would be nice as well, but it may take me a while to get used to the internet lag since i dont play online.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, the only person I've fought around here was Scatz, and even that was about 5 months ago...

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Bwett you should try making a hitlist maybe here

maybe that can force a llittle to brawl online and serves great motivation

XD

btw i hate it when i lose a tourney to mk
best of 5 tourneys SUCK!!

ii should have won 2-1 dammit

anyway i had to get that out of my chest

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, now I need to play against Mmac and/or Bwett now. I want to see how you guys play first-hand. =)

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Here are is a vid of my online tourney finals
5 vids actually but here is 3 nowz

as you can guess .5 delay was there obviously
so i didn't bother trying to do some things and combos because i would probably just miss

so yes i did look nooby at times because of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anq70__WwQM match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCDTRYu0Sk match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUZp7SjNdU match 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdW7q8Hyd4I match 4 <------ i failed here
feedback is apreciated XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
pretty good defensive playing there :D

but when you're coming back from the stage, go under the lip and do a rising Uair, it goes thru the lip and usually catches people off gaurd, making an easy kill :)

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
pretty good defensive playing there :D

but when you're coming back from the stage, go under the lip and do a rising Uair, it goes thru the lip and usually catches people off gaurd, making an easy kill :)
thanks

hmmm i know what u mean
ill keep it in mind

btw i edited my last post with 3rd match
match 2 hasnt come up yet

more feedback is apreciated XP

JOE!

Smash Hero
its kinda funny watching your style.....i have such an aggressive yoshi :p

btw, a nice combo starter is Bair followed right by Ftilt when you lant, its very fast and gets the oponent set up for a quick Usmash :)

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
its kinda funny watching your style.....i have such an aggressive yoshi :p

btw, a nice combo starter is Bair followed right by Ftilt when you lant, its very fast and gets the oponent set up for a quick Usmash :)
Hmm i see

well to tell you the truth i am usually agressive
idk why i was playing defensive against boo
he a weird meta
and defensive which is something you dont see much
so yeah i prefer an agressive meta
People usually think I'm a lot worse than I am from my videos, heh.
same

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
ive noticed that yoshi is not good in very close range where u need to shield cause he only has the option of spot dodging or tilting out of his shield, but ive start to add shield grabbing and just a regual grab out of his shield to my game play and ive notice there are alot of moves he can shield grab also standing grab is spced right will stop a spot dodge cause of it slowness. ive noticed u can shield grab marth from his 3rd strick of dancing blade and i tihnk the second

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Here are is a vid of my online tourney finals
5 vids actually but here is 3 nowz

as you can guess .5 delay was there obviously
so i didn't bother trying to do some things and combos because i would probably just miss

so yes i did look nooby at times because of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anq70__WwQM match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCDTRYu0Sk match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUZp7SjNdU match 3

feedback is apreciated XD
... = O i only watch the first match and there some things u could improve on, such as USE BAIRS spamming them is ok, it has range can combo in up or ftilt with is ez % cause its so ez to land, subsitute tilt for smash where ur opponent is at low %. learn some cg release stuff because meta can cg him into up smash and others things. pivot grab are effictive in close range. um read the guide in the stickis, u did a good jobs with those up b's and looking for openings

Chaco

Never Logs In
I played for the first time today in a month...I blew. But my GnW recovered pretty quickly.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
... = O i only watch the first match and there some things u could improve on, such as USE BAIRS spamming them is ok, it has range can combo in up or ftilt with is ez % cause its so ez to land, subsitute tilt for smash where ur opponent is at low %. learn some cg release stuff because meta can cg him into up smash and others things. pivot grab are effictive in close range. um read the guide in the stickis, u did a good jobs with those up b's and looking for openings
i believe i slated i didnt do everything because of .5 delay

i know how to CG
delay didnt let me CG him you might have noticed that as i didnt attempt it
and bairs
yeah well boo knows how i play trust me i've already tried bairs against him

but yeah thanks for the info
illl keep in mind more bairs though in future matches

Online tourneys are weird sometimes

also posted vid 4 where i failed

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
u guys are so old i was 5 when 64 came out and 7 when melee did, eventho i had melee i was just one of those noobs who played with items on high and spammed mewtwos shadowball and i ddint kno what a "main" was

i believe i slated i didnt do everything because of .5 delay

i know how to CG
delay didnt let me CG him you might have noticed that as i didnt attempt it
and bairs
yeah well boo knows how i play trust me i've already tried bairs against him

but yeah thanks for the info
illl keep in mind more bairs though in future matches

Online tourneys are weird sometimes

also posted vid 4 where i failed
well u did good maybe my paragraph didnt come out like that but really bair should be spammed cause it so ez to hit with can combo into all his tilt not so much down which do about around 15% or higher. the main reason to spam it is it refreshes ur kill moves which is vital to yoshis lack strong killing potenial.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
u guys are so old i was 5 when 64 came out and 7 when melee did, eventho i had melee i was just one of those noobs who played with items on high and spammed mewtwos shadowball and i ddint kno what a "main" was

well u did good maybe my paragraph didnt come out like that but really bair should be spammed cause it so ez to hit with can combo into all his tilt not so much down which do about around 15% or higher. the main reason to spam it is it refreshes ur kill moves which is vital to yoshis lack strong killing potenial.
Sure thanks no problem

im gonna be honest i doubt it i'll spam it

i have a little dignity in the game XDXD

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
lol wow nvm, nvm, ill stick to in person fighting from now on. i knew the online lag was bad but i thought that between two freinds the lag would almost be non-existant, like mariokart or somethin. i was wrong and i got owned lol but no johns i guess, anyway thanks to sir orion and tidycats for brawling me, it was fun. thumbs up to you two!!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Not a problem. If you think that lag is bad, you should try playing fighting games on Kaillera, heh.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Yeah GGs

though i didnt feel any lag.... in our matches

except those lag spikes in like 2 matches

but it ran pretty smooth

but anyway good games

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, I'm writing these out as I go, so if anything is repeated that is why and it needs emphasis.

-Do NOT start a match with egg roll. Ever.
-There are better options then repetitive shield rolls. Retreating egg tosses, or pivot grab retreats. They -keep people off very well. Also, if you doing it to evade lasers (in this case, spot dodge)
-Try not to attack shield, you were kinda bad about getting set up for his CG. His shieldgrab is good.
-Try using ECE instad of ledge dropped eggs into recovery.
-Continuation of the above, play ledge games. Let them come to you, and do a Rising Dair Up to them. Or do a Uair to a rising Uair. ***Also I have counted a big fat 0 Uairs so far
-You took the suprise kill from the grounded Down B, try to keep that more hidden until around Upper 80%.
-***Finally counted a Uair. XD
-Down air? It's a move. XD But yeah alot of people don't use it. I find it and Uair to be my favorite moves. As you can probably tell.
-Please use Utilt or nair after bairs.

And for positive, you seem to have a good stage presence. Like you know where to stay at and how to lure them into your advantage. You have nice egg touch, which means you use soft eggs wonderfully. The hyphen smashes where pretty well used also. And there where other good things, but I'm hungry so I'm hurrying. XD

Top Bottom