• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
I would be ok with both, though I'm (gasp, I'm sorry) not too familiar with KOS-MOS' games. Bandana would mean I finally have my pole arm user in Smash, anyway.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I would be ok with both, though I'm (gasp, I'm sorry) not too familiar with KOS-MOS' games. Bandana would mean I finally have my pole arm user in Smash, anyway.
hmmm.... something I just noticed; Bandana Waddle Dee is red while KOS-MOS is blue, they correspond with the flame colors on the Wii U version/3DS version's title logos

I swear that it was just a coincidence :crazy:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKls1ksWyw
I don't think this person got the memo about 3rd-party characters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKls1ksWyw
I don't think this person got the memo about 3rd-party characters
Well, Sakurai never said or implied a company can't have two characters. So there is no memo to get. However, each character is a "special situation" as is, so it might mean a company getting two takes away from other companies. I get that assuming it makes sense for the reason I spoke of alone, but it was not really official at all. I, and many others outright doubt it, but still. It's not a matter of realism in this case either, "One 3rd Party per company" is not actually a rule. I agree with you having another Capcom character is pointless, though. However, the EU department of Street Fighter do think that Bison is a really neat choice for an SSB character. They also suggested MegaMan, but not Ryu. Likewise, Ryu has a lot of similarities to Mario/Luigi by design, something Sakurai said he didn't want to put in. If we somehow got a second Capcom character, Bison is actually one of the possible SF choices he would say yes to. I'd expect a different series that has someone more unique(like L. Raptor and his everchanging limbs as weapons).

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Being readable is bad now? I hate small speech bubbles since they're just a pain. :glare:

Still surprised people think it's a legit argument when Sakurai already said scale and Smash don't matter.
I'm pretty sure the dude's just joking around. I don't think the size argument is good but I laughed at it.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
This was interesting to me only because he said he likes Brawl more than Melee yet he never played Melee. I respect his opinion but play the game first, jeez.
Stupid miiverse 1.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This was interesting to me only because he said he likes Brawl more than Melee yet he never played Melee. I respect his opinion but play the game first, jeez.
View attachment 13087
About the only thing that I can logically get is he prefers the exact character choice, regardless of gameplay. And to be fair, Brawl's is a bit more divergent than Melee's. So that makes sense. But yeah, play the other game first before saying which one is better in your opinion. Tis cool he likes Brawl, though.

Being readable is bad now? I hate small speech bubbles since they're just a pain. :glare:

Still surprised people think it's a legit argument when Sakurai already said scale and Smash don't matter.
I'd have to see his other posts. Sadly, some thinks it holds water when Sakurai has actually disproven that argument as a qualifier. Multiple times. :facepalm:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
About the only thing that I can logically get is he prefers the exact character choice, regardless of gameplay. And to be fair, Brawl's is a bit more divergent than Melee's. So that makes sense. But yeah, play the other game first before saying which one is better in your opinion. Tis cool he likes Brawl, though.

I'd have to see his other posts. Sadly, some thinks it holds water when Sakurai has actually disproven that argument as a qualifier. Multiple times. :facepalm:
He also posted this. I got a really great laugh from this.
Stupid miiverse 2.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He also posted this. I got a really great laugh from this.
View attachment 13089
Probably doesn't play competitively and really doesn't honestly know. Just needs to be shown, I guess. Fox is really hard to get good at, due to many of his moves being so weak in knockback. Falco is a different story, and despite being far more cloneish in Melee(that he never played), he had a better KO game from a casual point of view alone. Those who hit harder generally are looked at as better to KO with, till you get into the higher metagame, at least. This is actually why some don't think Metaknight is all he's cracked up to be(when he is ridiculous). Casual and Competitive matches are on just that different of a level.

Fox never stopped being amazing either. Being the only person able to respect Projectiles in the first game gave him some nice advantages against some characters overall, he also hit hard and fast(much like Falcon or Pikachu), and had a great air game too. He also is far easier to work with since he doesn't do somewhat scratch damage like in Melee/Brawl. Then again, 64, imo, has less of a learning curve than Melee/Brawl. Not a low one or anything, but just lower.

That said, maybe I should start taking screenshots of these. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think Waddle Dee's chances are pretty good now. I can not wait to see Miiverse if he gets confirmed. It's going to be too funny. :troll:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I think Waddle Dee's chances are pretty good now. I can not wait to see Miiverse if he gets confirmed. It's going to be too funny. :troll:
I'd actually be pretty surprised if he doesn't get it, now that I think about it, it'd be absolutely hilarious if both Bandana Waddle Dee and KOS-MOS are revealed during E3

man, that'd totally make my day, I can see it now......

upload_2014-4-27_20-1-53.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd actually be pretty surprised if he doesn't get it, now that I think about it, it'd be absolutely hilarious if both Bandana Waddle Dee and KOS-MOS are revealed during E3

man, that'd totally make my day, I can see it now......

View attachment 13098
You know what you have to do, put this on Miiverse and they'll all fall for it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like I might take a vacation from the Super Smash Bros. community. Normally, I can handle the chaos but it's been FAR worse than usual. Too many "anti-admin" posts and too many b****ing about the latest update.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Too many "anti-admin" posts and too many b****ing about the latest update.
Wait? What?
There was an update?

Edit: Oh that one, my mind blanked out for a second.
It's stupid. But hey, everyone needs something to complain about I guess.

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Looks like I might take a vacation from the Super Smash Bros. community. Normally, I can handle the chaos but it's been FAR worse than usual. Too many "anti-admin" posts and too many b****ing about the latest update.
and it's all thanks to the 3 minute delay in the comment section, this is probably my main gripe with this update :glare: they really need something less annoying to talk about

:idea: maybe we could spread a rumor on Miiverse about a newcomer

here's my personal recommendation:
http://smashboards.com/attachments/upload_2014-4-27_20-1-53-png.13120/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wanna know how you will win her over? Just say, "My love for you is stronger than my want for Goku in Smash," and she will marry you in an instant!

Top Bottom