• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj at 0C3

okami473

Smash Apprentice
On the results in Taj's pool matches he one every single match.
I was wondering if he did it with mew2 or not, mainly casue im no very sure how the tournament worked.

someone awnser, hopeful Taj.

Metà

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if he used M2 in pools, considering most of the other players in his pool are below him in skill. However, he also plays a wicked Fox/Marth, so it's likely he used those as well. In all the tourney matches I've seen of him recently, he was using Marth.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yup. Taj plays Marth/Fox in serious tournament play. However, I know that he's not afraid to go M2 if he wants to. His M2 does well against a surprising amount of higher tiered characters. Plus he has mindgraines!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
He usually goes Mewtwo in pools because you typically see a bunch of scrubby fox and falcos who love to go to FD in pools. (That includes me, btw) Even in certain bracket matches he'll go Mewtwo, but Marth is just simply a better character. Tony is really good at hiding Mewtwo's flaws, but at a high level of play you have to go up the tier list.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Taj consistantly beat me in friendlies because he is too good. But he was not playing one-handed, eating, or sleeping while beating me, so I guess I didn't lose too badly. :laugh:

Edit: I would have liked to have taped a match or two so you could see the Mewtwo/Kirby matchup firsthand, but it was hard enough finding a TV to play on, let alone one with a VCR. Sorry.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
On the subject of Mewtwo versus Kirby...

Taj: It's stupid. I hate playing it.

Using my smash knowledge and powers of reasoning, I have deduced that it's because it's incredibly boring.

Also, Taj plays Marth way more than his M2 in serious play. If he's using M2, it's probably because he already won the first round with his Marth by a significant margin, or because he's facing a specific character matchup.

quak

Smash Champion
that **** was hilarious wobbles, i hate getting gimped like that so i was cringing through most of it though :grin:

and word. Floaty vs floaty always takes too long

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Mewtwo vs kirby is definitely a stupid matchup, and for that reason, Wobbles.
Timmy can vouch for this as well :p

Top Bottom