• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tablet mode solutions for tournament/smashfests

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So from a space perspective tablet mode seems like a godsend because it removes the need for a TV.

However, as we all know, the console itself has a shared data and power port and it's on the bottom, and most people will want GC adapters.

Are there any solutions to get around this? I know the hori kickstand reveals the port on the bottom so a standard usb hub could be attached and a GC adapter to that, but in tournaments power is gonna be an issue so this would necessitate switching out switching from TV setups so ones that were in tablet mode could charge.

Anyone know anything that would work for this? Also can periphrials be attatched to the official Nintendo one or just power?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be too small to play the game on the small switch screen without using joycons?
I mean I've done it, it's fine when you're up close using the other hori kickstand. I think it would be ideal in a really space limited tournament setting.

The only issue I'm thinking now is security.

Top Bottom