• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t!mmy's Farewell to Melee ("lost episode" depicted)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm packing up and moving to the Kirby Brawl boards, so you won't be seeing much of me around these parts. Here is, possibly, my last thread here for a while.

- - -

Brawl is already here for me, and as far as I can see I do not plan on going back to Melee. So, as a farewell to Melee I will be releasing some final videos. They will be available each weekend before Brawl's release to give you guys something to do while you wait these final days.

Friday Feb. 22nd
Team Combo Video: Super Smash Twins (featuring Kirby & Jigglypuff)

Friday Feb. 29rd
1-800-KIRBYCIDE (remix)

Friday March 7th
Warpstar Warrior V

With the final episode of WSW lost, the least I could do for you guys who are curious about it is to write up a description. So here you go:

Music: Starbound ~ Theme of Dream Warrior
by:
chthonic
Album:
Rise of the Starhttp://kirby.ocremix.org
The video starts with quick (2 second) clips of various attacks from Kirby (0:00 - 0:08)

A clip of Kirby getting shine-spiked by Fox, wall-jump teching to Final Cutter and D-air to D-smash gets Fox off the stage to the left. Kirby fires off a few lasers as Fox prepares to recover with an Illusion which gets hit by Kirby's n-air. Kirby finishes with a d-air spike as the video goes to slow-mo black & white. (0:08 ~ 0:23) Dissolve to Warpstar Warrior title screen.

Title fades to several short clips (3 second) in time to the music.

A longer clip of Kirby hitting Ganondorf with a Hammer, dashing after him and interrupting his b-air with a u-air then dashes over and counters his recovery with a Stone. When Ganon tries for a mid-air Wizard's Foot spike, Kirby's maneuvers his Final Cutter recovery onto the stage to avoid it and then finishes Ganon with a d-air spike.

More short clips such as d-throw tech prediction vs. Falcon. Falcon tries to side step Kirby's Hammer and gets sweetspotted.

About half-way through (1:19 - 1:40) there's a longish drum solo. This is where I put in clips of the "Mega-Ton Punch". That is to say getting Fast-fallers or large characters stuck in between the two walls of Pokemon Stadium's ground stage by using Vulcan Punch. These four clips show three Foxes and a Mewtwo caught at Kirby's mercy as he racks up large damage with Vulcan Punch.

Various clips follow, of which I don't remember off the top of my head right now, but I synched them to the music very well.

At the point where it says "One, Two, Three, Hit Me!" (2:13) there are four clips of Kirby landing Hammer sweet spots on opponents. Fun.

The next part of interest is where the music picks up with punctuated beats (2:24 - 2:31). I had still-frames of various Kirby pictures such as a huge Kirby vulcan punching Bowser, tiny Master/Crazy Hand next to Kirby doing a Twinkle Star, etc. Toward the end of this segment I even added in "animated stills" that had several stills in succession such as Kirby shocking Pikachu, Power Shielding Samus' charge beam, and hiding in a Stone while G&W hits with a Number 9. The very end animation was the best as it shows a behind-the-back view of Fox standing on the nose of Corneria looking up toward the fin with Kirby standing on it. Kirby then dashes down the fin in the next few stills, bursts into flames with his Dash Attack, and the final frame of animation is Fox flying backward toward the camera with fire all over.

Various clips follow, but the one that I remember is a jab, turn-around u-tilt, b-air. The combo continues but I forget what was next.

Finally the ending is synced to the music vs. Fox on Pokemon Stadium: Grab, D-throw (he techs in place), d-smash, d-smash, (lands on platform) U-air. Ends on the last beat of the music.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
By t!mmy, we'll miss you. I for one am not going to bother giving up melee until probably the end of the year, but I guess its your choice to leave so *screams in Kirby voice* BYYYYEEEE-YYYYYEEEE

Also, I'll probably avoid the Kirby Brawl Boards until the Brawl n00bs leave >_>

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Those release dates lead very nicely to the release of Brawl. 22, 29, 7, Bam.

Thank you very much t!mmy, I will definitely look forward to watching those videos. (Warpstar Warrior V!!!)

Well, the Kirby Brawl Boards aren't too n00by, by that I mean they aren't too mean. Its tolerable. Can't say much about the other character discussions. And "General Brawl"... yeah... can't say anything.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, the Kirby boards aren't too bad. And I'll be there to Kirbycide the scrubs who show up. lol

And Reaper, the only reason you think you're going to stick with Melee for a while is because you don't have Brawl yet.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm running off to the Nintendo Brawl tournament (San Fransisco), but I uploaded the Team Combo video early to make sure I got the deadline. Enjoy!

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Wow, I almost never show up to the Brawl Kirby boards (or anything Brawl-related)...I probably will not until I get SSBB, which is who-knows-when. From the few times I have been there, it seems more populated...*tumbleweed rolls across Melee Kirby boards.*

I look forward to the videos, like the one I am watching now, but what about the several not-finished threads in here...Stage Discussion...Character Match-ups...?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Awesome, I posted a comment on youtube but it was kind of long and not sure if all of it is up and probably triple post but here then just in case:

What the hell... Wow this opens my eyes to much to smash doubles, first and only team combo vid I've seen. (I've seen a few vids of matches, not combos)

There were so many crazy things in there:
-2:52-2:55 Kirby copys someone to set him/her up for Jiggly's attacks
-4:23-4:28 Kirby single neutral A jab to cancel Jiggly's rest lag
-4:42-4:47 Jiggly saves Kirby by attacking him away
-5:11-5:14 Jiggly uses Dsmash on Kirby save him from Gannon's Warlock Punch and then Kirby edgehogs Marth!!!

The vid was full of crazy stuff, ^those happened more than once, alot of times.

The only thing I can say after watching you two is "Full Synchro"

^Everything in this vid took perfect teamwork knowing what each other was thinking, full synchro. Heh I can't imagine what happens when you guys miss/fail/bloopers killing each other, very dangerous.

I like the music.

t!mmy + t0mmy = 5 stars.

---

I can't wait for the rest, lets see, 7 Days til the next. Yay.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
The only thing I can say after watching you two is "Full Synchro"

^Everything in this vid took perfect teamwork knowing what each other was thinking, full synchro. Heh I can't imagine what happens when you guys miss/fail/bloopers killing each other, very dangerous.
I would agree until I saw T0mmy chasing T!mmy over Jungle Japes during a "team ditto."

Nice team combo video. There are not too many of those these days.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In the "whOMG" segment where t0mmy is attacking me... that's a tournament match!
lolz

Yeah, I can delete your extra YouTube comments.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've been really busy but I'm going to make sure I have it done for tomorrow!
(gulp!)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sorry to keep you guys waiting. 1-800-KIRBYCIDE (remix) is finished, but I'm having problems exporting and uploading. I'm going to keep trying, but chances are it won't be completely online until tomorrow - I'll try to have it up sometime in the morning (6am - 9am PST).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yes, 1-800-KIRBYCIDE (remix) is finished. Sorry for the delay, but last-minute problems I didn't take into consideration were out of my hands.

I hope it was worth the extra wait. :)

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
It was so worth the wait. So much low % kills and even 0 % kills 0_o. I loved the 3 stock on Ganon @ the end. All the kills were amazing, I'm only sad how some of these Kirbycides will not be as useful in Brawl. t!mmy will and have found some new and exciting ways to Kirbycide in Brawl so not so sad.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Really bad news guys.

At about noon today my computer completely crashed. When I turn it on all I get is a black screen and after a long time the computer asks for a .dll file to be reinstalled. I absolutely cannot get it into Windows to work on Warpstar Warrior. T_T

I inserted the backup CD for my laptop and the good news it can fix everything. The bad thing is that it will erase my hard drive. My entire hard drive.

It's entirely possible that I could get my computer taken in to be fixed by getting the driver installed, but it will probably cost more money than I can afford. The last time my laptop went down it was due to power cord/battery failure and cost $200.

So, basically, Warpstar Warrior will have to be canceled even though it is about 99% done. :cry:

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Not looking at your Kirby avatar, you must be absolutely devastated losing all of that hard work and other irreplaceable data.

I'm disappointed but of course its you that suffers the most.

We should not be in total despair though -its not like t!mmy died, we may never see Warpstar Warrior 5 but t!mmy will make even more and more amazing videos in the future whether it'll be in Melee, Brawl, or possibly the smash game after that in 10 years.

Sorry and thank you anyways t!mmy. I greatly appreciate your work and outstanding effort always. I know it would of been awesome.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would but it doesn't even boot that far. It shows some BIOS info and then goes completely black for several minutes while the hard drive goes crazy. Then it asks for <windows root>/win32/hal.dll

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I may never see Warpstar Warrior V, but I still think the fourth installment was the best. I feel bad that all the work and editing is lost. Still, thanks for the other videos, T!mmy!

...Now for some comments on the most recent videos...
Amazing video on all Kirbycides. Nice glitches with Kirbycides, like Green Greens…O_O… and the ending B-throw.

Your 3-stock Kirbycide on Gannondorf reminds me of my own 3-stock against a friend. He never went back to edge-guard after that.

Oh, and I like the random pictures in the middle of the video.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yup I drew them. I thought it would be cooler doing that since I already did clips for the middle part in the original Kirbycide video.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For those of you wondering what the lost episode of Warpstar Warrior was like, here's a written description:

Music:
Starbound ~ Theme of Dream Warrior
by: chthonic
Album: Rise of the Star
http://kirby.ocremix.org

The video starts with quick (2 second) clips of various attacks from Kirby (0:00 - 0:08)

A clip of Kirby getting shine-spiked by Fox, wall-jump teching to Final Cutter and D-air to D-smash gets Fox off the stage to the left. Kirby fires off a few lasers as Fox prepares to recover with an Illusion which gets hit by Kirby's n-air. Kirby finishes with a d-air spike as the video goes to slow-mo black & white. (0:08 ~ 0:23) Dissolve to Warpstar Warrior title screen.

Title fades to several short clips (3 second) in time to the music.

A longer clip of Kirby hitting Ganondorf with a Hammer, dashing after him and interrupting his b-air with a u-air then dashes over and counters his recovery with a Stone. When Ganon tries for a mid-air Wizard's Foot spike, Kirby's maneuvers his Final Cutter recovery onto the stage to avoid it and then finishes Ganon with a d-air spike.

More short clips such as d-throw tech prediction vs. Falcon. Falcon tries to side step Kirby's Hammer and gets sweetspotted.

About half-way through (1:19 - 1:40) there's a longish drum solo. This is where I put in clips of the "Mega-Ton Punch". That is to say getting Fast-fallers or large characters stuck in between the two walls of Pokemon Stadium's ground stage by using Vulcan Punch. These four clips show three Foxes and a Mewtwo caught at Kirby's mercy as he racks up large damage with Vulcan Punch.

Various clips follow, of which I don't remember off the top of my head right now, but I synched them to the music very well.

At the point where it says "One, Two, Three, Hit Me!" (2:13) there are four clips of Kirby landing Hammer sweet spots on opponents. Fun.

The next part of interest is where the music picks up with punctuated beats (2:24 - 2:31). I had still-frames of various Kirby pictures such as a huge Kirby vulcan punching Bowser, tiny Master/Crazy Hand next to Kirby doing a Twinkle Star, etc. Toward the end of this segment I even added in "animated stills" that had several stills in succession such as Kirby shocking Pikachu, Power Shielding Samus' charge beam, and hiding in a Stone while G&W hits with a Number 9. The very end animation was the best as it shows a behind-the-back view of Fox standing on the nose of Corneria looking up toward the fin with Kirby standing on it. Kirby then dashes down the fin in the next few stills, bursts into flames with his Dash Attack, and the final frame of animation is Fox flying backward toward the camera with fire all over.

Various clips follow, but the one that I remember is a jab, turn-around u-tilt, b-air. The combo continues but I forget what was next.

Finally the ending is synced to the music vs. Fox on Pokemon Stadium: Grab, D-throw (he techs in place), d-smash, d-smash, (lands on platform) U-air. Ends on the last beat of the music.

Well, that's about all I can do for you guys. I don't think I'll be able to use that music again for another video - after hours of editing other clips to sync with it, it would just be odd to try to do a completely new one with the same music. I'm going to add this description to the first post.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
It was nice knowing you, even if I really never got to know you too well. I still want to play you in Melee, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon now =(. Any chance I can play you online in Brawl? I plan on going Dedede, so we can have some rival matches ;).

Anyways, I also wanted to say your Kirby vids were a great inspiration to me playing someone else aside from Fox. So thanks for that!

Until the next time we run into each other on the Brawl Boards, have a good one.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't really play Melee anymore, but if we ever meet up at a tourney and Melee is handy I'd be happy to have a game or two with you.

Brawl on the other hand... :) I'd love to play against your Dedede. I'm the only one in my group who plays Dedede, so I could use the practice since I don't know the Kirby vs. Dedede matchup at all. Make sure to send me your FC when you're looking for an online match. The lag might be a bit bad since we're on opposite sides of the country. :\

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
and with the last movie being lost, and the smash community dumping melee (still dont understand that)

i'm pretty sure i wont thumb around here again unless somebody hosts a low tier tourney.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Really bad news guys.

At about noon today my computer completely crashed. When I turn it on all I get is a black screen and after a long time the computer asks for a .dll file to be reinstalled. I absolutely cannot get it into Windows to work on Warpstar Warrior. T_T

I inserted the backup CD for my laptop and the good news it can fix everything. The bad thing is that it will erase my hard drive. My entire hard drive.

It's entirely possible that I could get my computer taken in to be fixed by getting the driver installed, but it will probably cost more money than I can afford. The last time my laptop went down it was due to power cord/battery failure and cost $200.

So, basically, Warpstar Warrior will have to be canceled even though it is about 99% done. :cry:

don't reformat. If you have a Windows instillation disk go into the recovery console, and run a disk check.

also check this out first:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/missinghaldll.htm

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I haven't had the heart to reformat yet. I'm still hoping I can get into my computer and somehow recover the data.

Edit:
I read through the website you listed - thanks by the way - but it seems that I need a Windows XP disk. My laptop only came with a "Recovery and Applications/Drivers DVD" and no Windows back up. The DVD is what I used to attempt to restore my driver, but that's when it told me it would also reformat my entire hard drive. x_x

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, I finally decided to go ahead and format my hard drive with my backup disk, as I figured it would be better than having a dead computer. When I did, the computer started the restoration process... then it just shut off. I tried a couple more times and it seems that I cannot even use the restoration disk to reformat.

X_X

Top Bottom