• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swimming in brawl?

Pokec

Smash Journeyman

Maybe I'm missing out on something, but what does "exceed 300ft in combined swim" exactly mean?

Will we be swimming in Brawl, too?!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Yeah, there's even a sticker that apparently prolongs swim time(you don't swim very long before going out of the ring)as well, you can see it in the Trophy/Sticker video in the latest Iwata Asks.

Well, I THINK it prolongs it, or maybe just increases swim speed?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Will It Float? On this episode we discuss Sonic, will he sink or float with arm floaters or just float without any reason because its brawl?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Will It Float? On this episode we discuss Sonic, will he sink or float with arm floaters or just float without any reason because its brawl?
He'll instantly die.

Unless he wears a life jacket, and is suddenly completely fine with water, like in M&SatOG. :p

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, there's a certain amount of time each character can swim, as seen here at 39 seconds, notice it says swim time +20. Thanks to ShortFuse for for the video.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully my beloved Dedede can just turn into a floatie and glide back to safety. :D I jumped on to see if anyone else had seen that yet, I should know better with all you Smash-maniacs around. Will be neat to have some watery levels.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Jesus christ. Can people actually do research before creating stupid *** threads like this.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Jesus christ. Can people actually do research before creating stupid *** threads like this.
oh, im sorry i created a thread thats really really really bothering you.

i didnt mean for it to be life threatening in anyway, seeing as how abbrasive your comment sounded.

On a side note, I understand that there is a minimum amount of time that a character can "swim" while on a stage....but to exceed 300 ft....

1) how do you know if you exceed 300 ft or not? is there something thats supposed to tell you this or what?

2) why would you, floating/swimming in a tiny little area on a stage, be measured in relation to your swimming distance....thats weird

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Ya know, its people like you that cause the brawl boards to be regarded as the worst in the forums.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, its people like you that cause the brawl boards to be regarded as the worst in the forums.
sorry, but ur comment was neither wanted or necessary.

again, its comments like that that fuel flamming in boards

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
1) how do you know if you exceed 300 ft or not? is there something thats supposed to tell you this or what?
Nah, I'm sure they just wouldn't tell you, it'd probably only be on the stats page. Hey, I don't know for sure, obviously, that's just my guess.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
On a side note, I understand that there is a minimum amount of time that a character can "swim" while on a stage....but to exceed 300 ft....

2) why would you, floating/swimming in a tiny little area on a stage, be measured in relation to your swimming distance....thats weird
It's 300 ft combined, so it doesn't have to be in one match. The total distance will probably be displayed in the Data section (or whatever it will be called). If you check character data in Melee, you already see that the game keeps track of walking distance, jumping distance, etc.

As for how useful it is, it remains to be seen. It looks like swimming regenerates your jump count, but how it works exactly, no one knows.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It's 300 ft combined, so it doesn't have to be in one match. The total distance will probably be displayed in the Data section (or whatever it will be called). If you check character data in Melee, you already see that the game keeps track of walking distance, jumping distance, etc.

As for how useful it is, it remains to be seen. It looks like swimming regenerates your jump count, but how it works exactly, no one knows.
Beaten... that's what I was gonna say

S2

Smash Lord
It should be clarified for noobs that "swimming" is not free swimming.

Essentially you "float" in water and can go back and forth. You aren't actually doing a bunch of swimming around. It should also be noted that when swimming, your vulnerable to attacks which can spike you.

Top Bottom