• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Official "Team Breakers" Discussion

ss118

Smash Master
And this is about "team breakers", so I guess that would work as an argument in this topic's case.

I haven't seen 9001 post a lot but everything he does post has been impressive thus far.

Here's a fighting-mono team breaker:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace: timid
4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Air Slash

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
And this is about "team breakers", so I guess that would work as an argument in this topic's case.

I haven't seen 9001 post a lot but everything he does post has been impressive thus far.

Here's a fighting-mono team breaker:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace: timid
4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Air Slash
Su(b)perior

Gyarados@Expert Belt
Jolly/Intimidate
252Atk/252Spe/4SpAtk
-Bounce
-Dragon Dance
-HP Flying
-Splash

take THAT fighting types

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Anything with scarf and Thunderpunch/Stone Edge beats that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Splash is actually a great mindgame. I often use it as a means of passing the turn to get some lefties recovery and/or have my opponent take poison damage after I have +6 atk and speed from DD boosting. Splash combined with 2 layers of TSpikes allows Gyara to take on Vaporeons without HP Electric while saving the PP of his attacking moves for more important things.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I like the inclusion of HP Flying to take advantage of Gyarados' absurd(ly good) base SAtk stat. It's used to secretly counter Aggrons, right?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Adamant / Intimidate
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Def
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Quick Attack
U-turn

If SR isn't up, this thing is much more annoying than Flygon. Quick Attack is there to beat out stupid priority users. Lastly, if you double switch into Weavile, you win the match-up, Ice Shard NEVER OHKO's even with SR in play at -1, something flygon can't acheive

oh, and neither does mamoswine

what makes him so good is that he is an amazing compliment to the FWG core, especially if you're using a combo of heatran/celebi/starmie

why is that? it's because staraptor adds another switch-in to their weaknesses, while outspeeding most and even beating most revenge killers 1-on-1 (scizor is a close call, it can happen but it's not likely)

the key for this is for SR to not be up, if it's not up, there's literally nothing stopping staraptor, not even rotom because staraptor ALWAYS outspeeds rotom and can u-turn away

it's a beast and probably one of the best compliments to the FWG cores that should be used more

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not exactly a team breaker if it only comes in to stop certain matchups and uses a Choice item.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well it's not really a team breaker but it's more annoying when combined with the celetran combo especially

being immune to heatran's main weakness and one of celebi's weaknesses is a pretty good thing

oh, and if SR is up, staraptor actually 2HKO's choice rotom, which is pretty significant as that's delectably the most common rotom set, if it's any other rotom, rotom wins but scarftom actually can't safely switch in against staraptor

it's pretty good anti-stall though, it can't do it on it's own but in this metagame, it could actually become a full OU pokemon, all you have to do is use a good anti-lead (blastoise works well)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what thread would it be

it's definitely not a create my own moveset

i haven't tested out the full thing yet in regular OU, but in OU+, it's done work and i feel like if i change the team around for regular OU, it could really work the same

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
We're posting movesets that are specifically designed to break through certain types of teams... Most commonly stall.

The moveset M4F posted might have thrown you off a bit.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that set actually beats stall though, very similar to the way flygon would but with quite a bit more power

really, unless it's bulky rotom or a bulky steel/psychic type, you 2HKO everything at worst

and it's not rate my moveset because it's not an original moveset

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Staraptor's Close Combat vs. Specially Defensive Skarmory: 27.5% - 32.6%
Brave Bird vs. Specially Defensive Forretress: 43.2% - 50.8%
Brave Bird vs. Standard Hippowdon: 33.1% - 39.3%
-1 Brave Bird vs. Rest Talk Gyarados: 29% - 34.4%
Brave Bird vs. CursePert: 52.2% - 61.9%
Brave Bird vs. +1 CursePert: 35.1% - 41.6%

Stealth Rock vs. 252 / 252 Impish Staraptor: 25%

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I actually agree with that. Clefable isn't too much trouble to offense but can stall out stall teams.

Top Bottom