• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Friend Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
This thread is for discussion about the SWF Friend Finder. Please report bugs, concerns, etc. through the Friend Finder or via PM, but feel free to discuss the system in general in this thread.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
What happend to all of the updates? When I first found this site I kept coming back because I liked to hear others opions. But where did they all go for the past 2 weeks?

Zenchi

Smash Rookie
Personally i'd just like to say i find the addition of the various rooms a grand idea.
Also the fact that you do NOT need to have people's friendcodes as you can see them in the rooms.
This will be just awesome for finding games, even if you "lack friend codes"

Either way, i'll ask a question i'm personally not sure of, and that others might ask anyway.
Where in my Wii options and whatnot do i find my friends code?
I assume it is the same code brawl will use, since everyone's allready putting up theirs.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Um I believe that the friend code and your wii number consist of 2 diffrent codes...but if you want to see your wii number go to your inbox then click create message then click contacts and it will say......"this systems wii number is"....what sucks is that both people have to add each other so like if I wanted to add someone on here they would have to add me as well in order to exchange messages....etc

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Where in my Wii options and whatnot do i find my friends code?
I assume it is the same code brawl will use, since everyone's allready putting up theirs.
Most people either have the Japanese copy or are just screwin' around, but Brawl has a different Friend Code than the Wii, so you'll have to wait till you get your copy.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Would I be able to put in any ol' number into my Brawl code seeing as I don't have Brawl yet? I just wanna try out the Beta.

'Cos I hardly think Kirby King's code is 1234-5678-9012...

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
When I try to send a challenge the following error is showed

Error
Your challenge could not be sent. Error code: undefined

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
What El Raspa said. Actually I got a few challenges from you even though I was AFK.

But the same thing happens when I send someone a challenge

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The undefined challenge error shouldn't happen anymore. In actuality it wasn't a real error, it was just a problem in the code interpreting the "success" response.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
quick Q.

Are you going to be adding a w/l system (i suppose...similar to brwalrankings format) with points and ranking system?

Obviously, this would be a wonderful way of weeding out boring or unfair fights.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I dont really get how to use this friend finder thing.

I mean I see people online and stuff but how do you challenge them?

And how do I change my status to seeking brawl instead of just 'online'.

And how to I add the little messages under my name like '1v1 3stcks' and stuff..

--and when it says I have a new message, where do I see that

Zephirah

Smash Cadet
I dont really get how to use this friend finder thing.

I mean I see people online and stuff but how do you challenge them?

And how do I change my status to seeking brawl instead of just 'online'.

And how to I add the little messages under my name like '1v1 3stcks' and stuff..

--and when it says I have a new message, where do I see that
1.-Click on their name and choose challenge.
2.-On the bottom part of of the screen there is a box with an arrow from where you can choose in which status to be.
3.-There is a white box to the left of the room you currently are, just type what you want and click update. That would display the text you typed.
4.-Click on "Dismiss" and it should appear. Well atleast it worked for me.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
The Friend Finder works really nice, and as an European with the game, virtually all my online matches have been through it. I would like to ask for something, though. Would it be possible to separate players by continents? Even having an extra selection on the dropdown (Online, Seeking Brawl, Brawling) that reads European would help immensely. As it is now, I spend several minutes browsing players to figure if there's anyone from Europe online, which unfortunately isn't too often (but still my best chance).

I really hope you take this into consideration, it would make life for us Europeans much easier. Thanks in advance!

Froth

Smash Journeyman
There's not any players that are 'really' close to me. :( I have nobody with green latency.

dayan_89

Smash Rookie
hi there, excuse me cause im new on this i dont know how to play using swf friend finder, i'v already put my brawl friend code on my profle and when updating on swfff thres some people who are online, brawling etc, i add their bfcode and then i dont know what to do...please helpppp mee!!!! by the way im from Ecuador i dont know if the distance care, or if version cares too i got japannesse version!! ....heLPPPPP =)

Khaos

Smash Apprentice
well a simple chat feature wouldn´t hurt. also it would be cool to send the challenges with date and time cause sometimes you don´t see them till it´s too late. 1 hour has passed and the guy is playing someone else., you accept an hour old challenge , input their friend code and nothing. or maybe have a queu list with the challenges you have issued, once someone repies have them all cancel . oh! and lastly poeple shouldn´t be able to issue challenges once you are in brawling status. just some suggestions man. but it is all cool

edit. well not all, it hasn´t been working for me in the past two - three days. it says there is a problem iwth the swf database. wtf??:mad:

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
does it have something to do with the fact that the url in my web browser comes up as an IP address, instead of saying "www.smashboards.com"?

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I can’t find how to create a room or set my preferred match settings. I am also having trouble registering friends, but I think that is a smash problem and has nothing to do with the friend finder. I can’t get friends beyond “awaiting registration”.

PokeyHokey

Smash Rookie
Erm im logged on to both smashboards and the friend finder. However, all i see in friend finder is the "Welcome to SWF Friend Finder" message with a Dismiss button. The top buttons like user name and such cant be clicked on. When i click on any of the dragdown buttons and press update, nothing happens. All is says on the bottom is 'Read Smashboards.com'. What am i doing wrong?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The FF isn't working at the moment due to a compatibility issue with the new server (it'll just stay on the loading screen indefinitely). I'll keep you posted once I get word that the issue has been resolved, but until then unfortunately there's not much I can do. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, though, if you're looking for a match I recommend the IRC channel: irc.globalgamers.net, #smashboards. There's also a web client you can use here: http://www.globalgamers.net/?p=webchat&chan=smashboards

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
yea same here..b4 it was tellign me im not logged in and right now..its not commin up at all i hope ot comes back soon

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I still havent lost a match yet online..

and i have played over 100 matches.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
whenever i go one there is only like 30-40 ppl on ff. It seems like there should be more. How is everyone else getting 1v1 matches online without it, cuz that is the only way i have been able to get someone to brawl (thru ff)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ ice cream man: if you use the Friend Finder enough, you will build a list of people to brawl with and when you turn on your Wii, at least some of them will probably be online. i don't use it as often as i used to for that reason.

Also, I've found that within my regional thread, not everyone has even tried to run the Friend Finder (or know what it is), so spread the news in the threads you frequent. I don't think most people know how useful it is until they actually try it.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
I don't understand the message preface.

Where are my messages?

Hell, what are messages?

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I need help with this. Whenever I try to use it, its a hit and miss.

Just now I was trying to use it, and it'd go to the opening message. It'd load users, but then move me back to "Loading friend finder" and my cursor indicates that its not loading.

Maybe its too many people on, but I hope thats not the case.

I browse on Wii, but it normally works for me..

I haven't been able to use it the past three days, and its what I come on to do. d:

Edit: I try again. It works, but my name isn't displayed under "seeking" or "online" and I've tried setting it. It updates for others coming in. This is dissapointing...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Since you can't chat with or block yourself, those features won't appear next to your own name.

I'm going to close this thread now since there's a new thread about the new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom