• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Down throw is actually a pretty good combo throw and her grab has decent range and speed, and her aerial moveset is pretty good too. Her back air and dash attack have invincibility on them, the latter even has the potential to kill as long as you don't stale it and blocks projectiles. Her jab, even if slow (why on frame 8, whyyy) leads into her grab or smashes. Warp's also really good and useful when ledge canceled. Her movement isn't even too shabby considering her dash speed is top 10.
I can definitely agree that her light weight and terrible frame data aren't a good combination, it's practically the same flaw :4zelda:has but Palutena has a a few good things going for her that keep her from being outright trash.
MAKE COMPLIMENTS FOR DUCK HUNT BECAUSE HE'S FUN

(that and Shofu's Fox got wreck'd by a great one on For Glory Season 2)

Furret24

Smash Master
MAKE COMPLIMENTS FOR DUCK HUNT BECAUSE HE'S FUN

(that and Shofu's Fox got wreck'd by a great one on For Glory Season 2)
I can give :4duckhunt: compliments.

He's got good mobility.

Uair is good.

He's funny.

He has a Top 5 crouch.

He can crawl and wall jump.

Can and Gunmen are okay.

Fsmash is strong when it works.

Uhh...

Tilts aren't bad.

That's all I got. :|

:162:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can give :4duckhunt: compliments.

He's got good mobility.

Uair is good.

He's funny.

He has a Top 5 crouch.

He can crawl and wall jump.

Can and Gunmen are okay.

Fsmash is strong when it works.

Uhh...

Tilts aren't bad.

That's all I got. :|

You forgot one more...

...Duck Hunt Dog(Mr.Peepers)has the best goddamn laugh in Nintendo animal character history(maybe even of all Nintendo)

Furret24

Smash Master
You forgot one more...

...Duck Hunt Dog(Mr.Peepers)has the best goddamn laugh in Nintendo animal character history(maybe even of all Nintendo)
Yeah, but it's not featured in Smash 4.

Also, could somebody explain to me where the name "Mr. Peepers" came from?

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
-:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4samus::4dedede:
Only Dedede is terrible out of these five, but I feel like they all need to go down. Bowser Jr. probably needs to go down the least out of them, but he still needs to not be in tier 4. Maybe the top of tier 5 in the long run, if his meta develops more. And those smash attack buffs.

Side note: Can we please down vote more? I get that people want to get the high tiers situated, but more than 3 times as many characters have been moved up than down at this point. Yes, there are lots of non-trash characters in this iteration of Smash, but there are still characters that are worse than other characters. They don't have to be trash to be below mid-tier, especially when most characters have a chance at a tournament in the right hands (at least to get top 32).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, but it's not featured in Smash 4.

Also, could somebody explain to me where the name "Mr. Peepers" came from?

The internet just made it up I guess..30 years ago

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I didn't really get the answer I was hoping for earlier, so I'm just going to assume that the characters are in order and are not all equal inside their tiers, so please forgive me if that's not the case.
Welp, just ignore this I guess, I was wrong. :p

None of this is valid, but I guess you can look at it if you want to :4sheik: +1 This is some Eventhubs level stuff going on right here, Sheik not being in the top tier is simply ridiculous.
:4charizard: -1 I severely doubt Charizard is better than the likes of Olimar, Robin, Peach, Ike, Donkey Kong, etc.
:4mario:+1 I also severely doubt Toon Link or Corrin is better than Mario, I don't see why he shouldn't be up there with Fox and Sonic.
:4peach: +1 Is definitely better than what her placement would have you believe.
:4jigglypuff: +1 Despite how bad she is, how mostly everyone got stronger than her during the patches, and how exploitable her weaknesses are, I still personally believe her strengths make her overall better than Zelda, which is very debatable, but it's what I believe.
Sorry if this caused any complications during vote counting.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I didn't really get the answer I was hoping for earlier, so I'm just going to assume that the characters are in order and are not all equal inside their tiers, so please forgive me if that's not the case.

:4sheik: +1 This is some Eventhubs level stuff going on right here, Sheik not being in the top tier is simply ridiculous.
:4charizard: -1 I severely doubt Charizard is better than the likes of Olimar, Robin, Peach, Ike, Donkey Kong, etc.
:4mario:+1 I also severely doubt Toon Link or Corrin is better than Mario, I don't see why he shouldn't be up there with Fox and Sonic.
:4peach: +1 Is definitely better than what her placement would have you believe.
:4jigglypuff: +1 Despite how bad she is, how mostly everyone got stronger than her during the patches, and how exploitable her weaknesses are, I still personally believe her strengths make her overall better than Zelda, which is very debatable, but it's what I believe.
The characters are equal in tiers.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The characters are equal in tiers.
I looked everywhere, but couldn't find anything confirming or deconfirming it, until you just said that, thank you! :)

:4sheik: +1 Same as before
:4mario: +1 Still think he could go up a tier
:4peach: +1 Also think she could go up a tier
:4dedede: -1 Should go down a tier imo
:4gaw: -1 Also should go down a tier imo

Once again, sorry if this causes any complications during vote counting or anything.

Harmonious

Smash Cadet
:4lucas: -1 -- Lucas has trouble against high jumpers, rush-down fighters, and disjoints. Too many weaknesses.
:4marth: +1 -- Tipper makes him SO much better than Lucina. Tippered fsmash kills incredibly early.
:4bayonetta: -1 -- She has loads of problems killing. Kill moves consist of smashes (way too slow to be useful for anything other than witch time or a bad recovery spike), dair (slow), and forward throw (actually good).
:4drmario: +1 -- Why do people always put him so far behind Mario? Sure, he's worse, but he has most of the same matchups! Also, F.L.U.D.D. is completely unreliable for anyone but Ganon/Mac.
:4peach: +1 -- Floating in and of itself amounts to more mixups than a number of characters have on them. Combine that with turnips, and you've got quite the mindgame here.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4lucas: -1 -- Lucas has trouble against high jumpers, rush-down fighters, and disjoints. Too many weaknesses.
:4marth: +1 -- Tipper makes him SO much better than Lucina. Tippered fsmash kills incredibly early.
:4bayonetta: -1 -- She has loads of problems killing. Kill moves consist of smashes (way too slow to be useful for anything other than witch time or a bad recovery spike), dair (slow), and forward throw (actually good).
:4drmario: +1 -- Why do people always put him so far behind Mario? Sure, he's worse, but he has most of the same matchups! Also, F.L.U.D.D. is completely unreliable for anyone but Ganon/Mac.
:4peach: +1 -- Floating in and of itself amounts to more mixups than a number of characters have on them. Combine that with turnips, and you've got quite the mindgame here.
As a Mario main, I can tell you that you are insanely misinformed on F.L.U.D.D.. It has loads of uses. Edge-guarding, mind-games, stage control, and tons more. It's actually one of the most useful moves in the game if used correctly and can stuff tons of recoveries beyond what you mentioned.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As a Mario main, I can tell you that you are insanely misinformed on F.L.U.D.D.. It has loads of uses. Edge-guarding, mind-games, stage control, and tons more. It's actually one of the most useful moves in the game if used correctly and can stuff tons of recoveries beyond what you mentioned.
And as someone who isn't a Mario main, I have to tell you that you wrong because this is the internet...all you need as Mario is utilt, uair, Up b, Usmash, and taunts for days

Harmonious

Smash Cadet
Except most characters can simply air-dodge FLUDD and recover low. Actually, now that I think about it, Ganon can too. Maybe if a dumb Peach decides to float while facing a Mario, it'd work.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Bayonetta doesn't have to kill with just smashes you know? Her aerials are very powerful and have don't have much landing lag. You try punishing a properly spaced Back Air from Bayonetta...

Besides, Bayonetta gets lots of kills from the end of her combos. The fact that she can zero to death anybody (easily I might add) with multiple ways to mix up the zero to death is something to keep in mind when spouting she can't kill. For the record, Dair has not much landing lag for a stall then fall. It can possibly be punished on shield, but if it straight up misses, it can be quite hard to punish.

Still, that Bair. It's like trying to punish Mario's Bair, which is already hard to punish, as it only has 12 frames of landing lag. Bayonetta's also has the same landing lag, but it has more range, and does more damage, doing 10% or more, being very safe on shield. It's basically a spacing move, that can kill, and is safe on shield.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Except most characters can simply air-dodge FLUDD and recover low. Actually, now that I think about it, Ganon can too. Maybe if a dumb Peach decides to float while facing a Mario, it'd work.
More uses:

Any attempt to get back on stage can be punished by F.L.U.D.D.. If your opponent rolls up, it pushes them off, forcing another recovery and maybe even an edge-guard. If they jump up, it sends them flying, outright gimping some characters or forcing another recovery. If they do a getup attack, the same applies. Same also for standard getup.

Also, you can fake out edge-guard attempts, then F.L.U.D.D. the opponent after they air-dodge. Plus, Mario has a lot of mobility, meaning he can use it under the stage for even better gimping. Since it pushes Mario back, he'll have no trouble recovering.

Another totally different thing that F.L.U.D.D. can do is mind games with approaches. So, picture this: your opponent approaches fast and commits with an attack. All Mario has to do is go for a F.L.U.D.D. (sometimes half-charge works even better), pushing the opponent away from their target. From there, Mario can punish them in the endlag (often with a grab, one of his best options, obviously).

In my opinion, it's one of the more underrated moves Mario has. It's got so many uses. Hopefully, you don't go on thinking it's some useless move. If you don't believe me, go on Mario boards. Everyone there can confirm what I have said. It's an amazing tool.

D

Deleted member

Wondering when the votes are gonna be updated. We should further work out the low and high tier characters then focus on mid when voting IMO. That way we can have something to work with when everything is finally in 7 tiers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
How though? With votes or discussions about Pit?
Nobody likes Pit. Everyone likes Dark Pit more...

Besides, he IS better and all...

:joyful:

(for the record, I do prefer Pit to Dark Pit as a character, but Dark Pit totally deserves that higher place on the tier list)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

(for the record, I do prefer Pit to Dark Pit as a character, but Dark Pit totally deserves that higher place on the tier list)
Only due to his name starting with a D of all things to...that's a terrible reason

(Also, your sarcasm makes me want to destroy you...in Smash)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Browny Browny Assuming you'll update this today (As that would put it on schedule), can you update it after Beast 6 is over? Since that would allow us to vote based on the tournament.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Browny Browny Assuming you'll update this today (As that would put it on schedule), can you update it after Beast 6 is over? Since that would allow us to vote based on the tournament.
Beast 6?

Seriously though...we gon fight

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Beast 6?

Seriously though...we gon fight
European tournament going on today. Top 8 is on in about half an hour, should end around 12 or 1.

It uses three stocks, and it is amazing because of it.

A greninja is in top 8, and a Link in top 12.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
European tournament going on today. Top 8 is on in about half an hour, should end around 12 or 1.

It uses three stocks, and it is amazing because of it.

A greninja is in top 8, and a Link in top 12.
Greninja and Link in top 16? Unexpected in today's Smash 4.

Top Bottom