• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
+1 for :4bowser:
I don't think people really appreciate Bowser's durability in this game and the fact that his attacks have been buffed. Yes, he's susceptible to combos, but so is R.O.B. and it's on the tier where Bowser is promoted to. The fact that his attacks in regards to speed, range and power have been buffed, he's definitely better than the E tier.

-1 for :4kirby:
Kirby's light, his attacks are all average at best and has lag in a good portion of his attacks to where it can be punished.

Spirst

:4pacman:+1 (Does well vs a lot of the cast and usually has an answer for every scenario. Good frame data, recovery, projectile game, and setups. Hampered by poor grab and KO power so I don't see him being top tier but he should be higher than the end of D tier at least.)

:4tlink: -1 (The Brawl transition wasn't too kind to him. Main thing he has going for him is speed. More end lag on aerials means less combos, meh frame data without the power to hack it up, nerfed recovery, and no QD arrows makes me wonder why he's above the likes of Pacman, MK, and even Link.)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+1 Kirby (Underated character that's been down voted muitiple times)

-1 Mega man (Overated, Bad attacks)

Last edited:

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
This turned out to be a pretty solid list overall, with only a few obviously incorrect placings. I'm not going to spend a vote on it, but I need to point out that Dark Pit is not that much lower than Pit. They're the most similar clones in the series, with only 3 moves not being identical. Pit is clearly the better of the two, but they should be pretty much right next to each other.

Anyways, my actual votes.
:4ness:-1: Ness is probably a top 10 character, but he's most certainly not #5. My personal opinion is that he belongs at the bottom of this list's A tier.

:4metaknight:+1: A hugely underrated character. I understand that he feels awful because he's not ridiculously broken like Brawl MK, but he still has most of the things that made him amazing in Brawl. His damage output may be lesser, his recovery may be more predictable, Shuttle Loop may be less good, and he may die earlier, but he still has a big sword with long range, generally safe poke options (including Fsmash, which is safe even whiffed against most of the cast). He also still has one of the strongest gimping games, and is no stranger to early kills. He probably belongs around where ROB is.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
+1 :4peach:
Has great edgeguarding abilities, something that is rare in sm4sh, and is useful (as seen by sheik.)
-1 :4palutena:
People are voting her up, I think she deserves her spot even with customs.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4rob: #SaveTheTierList
-1:4ness: Just because he's the easiest character in the game doesn't make him top 5.
Other than that, this list actually looks pretty solid.

Last edited:

NeepKing

Smash Rookie
+1 :4wario2: Tactical Nuke incoming. Bike is a great approach, and Bite is a really good move.

-1 :4megaman: Super fighting robot fighting to save the world isn't really that super.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
UPDATED :)

All tiers finished and I do read the posts in this thread, so I am allowing a wildcard round where 3 characters total will be allowed to move. Please refer to the updated OP. On the 25th of March, I am calling it. Tallying up the wildcard votes and thats it, the list is finished for version 1.0.

Aww man just wait until:mewtwopm: releases dude your gonna have to redo this tier list

Anyways

+1 :4yoshi:
-1 :4ness:

:4yoshi: Has amazing Frame data,has guaranteed kill setups, Jab too good, hard to combo, and hard to kill. Sadly hes not that used in local tournies much like :4pikachu:.

:4ness:Overratted in my opinion. Sure pk fires annoying to deal with, the d-throw to fair chains can rack up damage, and has the strongest back throw in the game killing at 100% without rage mind you. However Ness is predictable. You know when hes gonna use that pk fire, and you know when hes gonna go for the back throw. Not to mention ness's recovery is probably the easiest to gimp. You can have :rosalina: use her down b the moment ness use's PK fire, have :4yoshi: throw an egg, :4mario: can just cape ness when he tries to use PK rocket, Hell even touching the ball of the pk thunder means a loss of a stock for ness. If I could've been able to demote another character to B tier besides captain falcon, it would've been Ness.

Edit: I can't believe I just made that into one giant quote.

Last edited:

Drgoold

Smash Cadet
Both +1: :4darkpit: :4palutena:
Dark pit is the freakin same as pit, they should be next to each other. Palutena is fantastic with customs on (which many people are doing now) so she should be higher.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
-1 :4ness:, good but definitely not 5th in the game
+1 :4link:, amazing projectiles and strong smashes, just maybe a tier higher?

FreshYarn43

Smash Rookie
NNID
beeftaco
+1 :4peach:
Fantastic aerials, underrated character
-1 :4fox:
Very overrated in my opinion, doesn't deserve B-Tier

Last edited:

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4link:

Don't know why :4tlink: is above him, all he has over Link is speed and a kill throw. Meanwhile Link has jab leading to kill moves, aerials with little landing lag, and stronger projectiles while being harder to kill overall.

-1 :4mario:

To be honest, I think C-Tier fits better for him. He has strong early-mid strings and is very mobile, especially on the air, but he has a hard time finding kills and he has sub par recovery.

Last edited:

Beef Tank

Smash Rookie
+1 :4zss: ZSS has amazing combos and punishes, recovery, and overall great versatility. I think she has potential to be in the top 5.

+1 :4robinf: Robin may not be that fast, but she has some surprisingly good combos and kill potential. I would say Robin could be at least in C tier.

D

Deleted member

+1 :4robinm: I say that Robin should be higher on the list. He has some good gimping abilities and amazing specials with Thunder and Arcfire. He may be slow, but he is a really good zoning character.
-1 :4sonic: I honestly don't know why Sonic is S-Tier, the same tier as Diddy Kong and Sheik. Yes, he is good in this game, but I personally don't think he's that good. I think that 3rd S-Tier position should go to Rosalina.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4villager:+1 I'm amazed Villager isn't top 10. He's so great. By this, I mean Villager is 69264x better than Diddy.

:4olimar:+1 Insanely underrated. Olimar is a damn monster. Kill power for days.

Last edited:

StargodGaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
supersamuelalpha
3DS FC
4854-6446-1372
Shulk Should Be In B Tier Because One Of His Smash Move Is Kinda Impossible Too Miss And Peach Should Be Taken Out Of B Tier

StargodGaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
supersamuelalpha
3DS FC
4854-6446-1372
+1 Sheik
-1 Peach
Shulk Should Be In B Tier Because One Of His Smash Move Is Kinda Impossible and his move set is good and peach move set is kinda bad
My Body Is Ready

Browny

Smash Hater
Aww man just wait until:mewtwopm: releases dude your gonna have to redo this tier list
As I have mentioned before, when mewtwo comes out, I will give 2 weeks, then people can vote on where to put him.

Not other character will be affected by this, it will literally be one round of voting on where to put mewtwo.

I dont know, I could make it 3 or 4 weeks. We will see.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
+1:4wario2: Please! Vote for Wario if you can. Before I wouldn't have thought twice about moving Wario up, but I finally got to see his potential from a good Wario player, and wow... it's great. He has so many tools. His bite is too good. That alone is enough to move him up a few places lol. It can cover so many options. It covers rolls, spot dodges, and it goes through shields. His bike is decent for pressure/ approach, and if he has if while off the stage, you're not gimping him. I could get into more stuff, but you get the point. Wario is definitely no lower that high tier.

+1:4dk: Some of you would be surprised by DK. He's not the greatest, but he does seem too low on the current list. I'm not gonna get into too much about him. His Up-B is a great anti air. It can cover lots of other things as well, and it has super armor. I'm pretty sure you can do it OoS too. It's also surprisingly good for recovery and the hitbox has alot of priority in the air. Hes a good zoning character.

Honorable Mentions
+1:4dedede: He is so underrated. I used my vote on DK, cause I felt like no one would care about D3. He should not be that close to the bottom. That's all I have to say about him.
+1:4jigglypuff: Jiggs is a bit underrated too. I think she should eventually move up a few places.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4ness:-1 Even if Ness is my main, I think he is overrated. Ether bottom of A tier or any place in B Tier.
:4villager:+1 Can't anyone see he is the most broken character in this game? Diddy this, Diddy the other. Killager is better than Diddy.
k

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
+1 :4wario2: Wario's so good. If wectoring was still a thing I'd say he's better than Diddy.
+1 :4rob: Camping is great, aerials are great, can kill, heavy but not too susceptible to combos...why is this guy so low?

Last edited:

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
+1
As I have mentioned before, when mewtwo comes out, I will give 2 weeks, then people can vote on where to put him.

Not other character will be affected by this, it will literally be one round of voting on where to put mewtwo.

I dont know, I could make it 3 or 4 weeks. We will see.
I feel like a a month would be good. People want time to develop his strengths and weakness

Last edited:
Top Bottom