• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So guys, what type combinations would you really like to see in the new games?

Ground-poison
Ground-electric
Ground-Fire
Ground-flying
Ground-fairy

See where i'm going with this?

In all seriousness another Ground-poison to be bros with Nidoking and a ground-fairy just because

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think if they had anything more to show, they would have done it today. I'd give it a month at least.

I'm afraid I haven't watched it. Sorry. Maybe I'll marathon it tomorrow and talk about it.

:231:
O.O And here I thought you were the master of stuff like that. For shame Fal! For shame!

I just want more cool pokemon with neat designs, unique type combinations aren't that important to me

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I have only seen a shiny once in my entire Pokemon career, from Gen 1 to today.

It was in X and Y, and was a Mime Jr. In a hoard.

I got a critical and KO'd it.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ghost/Normal
Poison/Steel
Fire/Grass
Fairy/Dark
Fairy/Ghost
Non-legendary Dragon/Steel
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Ice
Bug/Dragon
Normal/Ice;Dark/Ice :p

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've actually gotten a decent handful of shinies in my Pokemon playing. I found a Bellsprout in LeafGreen, and then another Bellsprout in a horde encounter in Y (I really don't like Bellsprout that much and I'm still mad that I've got two of them shiny). I got a Sneasel back in Gold, but accidentally erased my file so it's gone now. And I found a Boldore in White version.

My two non-random shinies (as in, I sought them out) were both in Alpha Sapphire after I got the Shiny Charm. First a Whismur because I like that line and Rusturf Tunnel lets you have horde encounters with only Whismurs available, so it was an easy one to try out. And then a Regirock that I SRed for, because it's one of my favorite legendaries (and Pokemon in general).

Otherwise I've gotten a handful in trades and some event ones but those really don't have any significance to me and don't feel worth mentioning.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My first shiny was a Gyara - *slapped*

I actually got my first one in Diamond, it was a Starly. After that, I haven't been so lucky outside of trades (only ever caught 2 more).

So what happened to that leak?did it up being legit
Yeah, it's legit. Japanese titles of the new games match and everything.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm going to fill in some of the blanks to which might be the codename titles for Trev's leak, which can be found here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

Spring-Early Summer
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game):

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages:
Yo-kai Watch 2, the only game I see Level-5 marketing big time, 2016 will be the year YW2 gets marketed big time according to David H. Steinberg. Kind of easy to figure out once you use process of elimination.

Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages:
It could be an original IP featuring Nintendo characters based on the big budget.

Code name: “DMW2”:
Disney Magical World 2, if the title acronym doesn't say anything then I don't know what else will.

I can't really fill in the spaces on what Cadillac and Cavier F could be, based on the smaller budget.

I have recalled that one of those titles could be Style Savvy 3, but its not something that fits for all ages.

What are all of Nintendo's IPs that are normally for all ages?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm going to fill in some of the blanks to which might be the codename titles for Trev's leak, which can be found here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

Spring-Early Summer
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game):

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages:
Yo-kai Watch 2, the only game I see Level-5 marketing big time, 2016 will be the year YW2 gets marketed big time according to David H. Steinberg. Kind of easy to figure out once you use process of elimination.

Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages:
It could be an original IP featuring Nintendo characters based on the big budget.

Code name: “DMW2”:
Disney Magical World 2, if the title acronym doesn't say anything then I don't know what else will.

I can't really fill in the spaces on what Cadillac and Cavier F could be, based on the smaller budget.

I have recalled that one of those titles could be Style Savvy 3, but its not something that fits for all ages.

What are all of Nintendo's IPs that are normally for all ages?
I know I shouldn't question you about YW, but from my understanding, the location in the 2nd game is the same as the first

Kirby and Pikmin come to mind alongside Starfy

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know... what if this "codename N-Stars" is Nintendo's answer to Disney Infinity with it's own Amiibo brand? Just a weird thought I had.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know... what if this "codename N-Stars" is Nintendo's answer to Disney Infinity with it's own Amiibo brand? Just a unique thought I had.
Hmm... I could see this happening. But only if it's on the Wii U (or NX) as well: can't imagine they'd let the Wii U miss out on something like that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You wouldn't have to collect as much amiibo if you already have Smash Bros. amiibo, which contains Nintendo's many characters.

No need to worry about an empty wallet, unless you haven't kept up with amiibo buying.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know... what if this "codename N-Stars" is Nintendo's answer to Disney Infinity with it's own Amiibo brand? Just a weird thought I had.
Actually, I was thinking it might be some kind of Amiibo-driven game, too.

Let's hope it doesn't end up ultra-gimmicky if that happens to be the case.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I did also try breeding a Shiny Eevee. Despite my Pokemon-centric friend giving me all the advise and tools I'd need, all it got me was 5 PC boxes full of baby Eevees. :V

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hmm... I could see this happening. But only if it's on the Wii U (or NX) as well: can't imagine they'd let the Wii U miss out on something like that.
A game like Disney Infinity I feel works on home consoles the best considering you wouldn't have to lug that much Amiibos when carrying your 3DS. So, that's probably a major hole in that theory IMO.

Actually, I was thinking it might be some kind of Amiibo-driven game, too.

Let's hope it doesn't end up ultra-gimmicky if that happens to be the case.
Ou god...Our wallets... Q.Q
*nintendo be like*

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So final predictions for the 3DS codename titles:

Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game): Pokemon Rumble World

Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages: Yo-kai Watch 2

Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer): Style Savvy 3

Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages: Nintendo amiibo game

Code name: “DMW2”: Disney Magical World 2

Combining the fact that Cadillac is used for Style Savvy games and that Caviar F is used in most Pokemon Rumble games this is my final conclusion, this is using the information from NeoGaf. That was much faster to figure out than I thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, Chapter 21 is intimidating just by looking at the map
The objective doesn't help either
At least all these Dragon Veins can make it easier

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If you mean SuperMetalDave yeah probably

If you mean something else than IDK lol

All these people getting multiple shinies over multiple games. Wonder how many people other than me have never used a repel before too :/
My first shiny was a Gyara - *slapped*

I actually got my first one in Diamond, it was a Starly. After that, I haven't been so lucky outside of trades (only ever caught 2 more).

Yeah, it's legit. Japanese titles of the new games match and everything.
Crazy.lol no real need to speculate on what's to come

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
CoroCoro leaks in 2 weeks, they'll likely show the mascots and starters
I can't wait to see the starters in glorious 3d:

:p

But this is possible! I'm just excited for new news!

And torte city makes me think of Animal Crossing and Fortune Street. EDIT:
This is what torte is:

Sequel to Squeek Squad in a city?

Last edited:
So final predictions for the 3DS codename titles:

Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game): Pokemon Rumble World

Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages: Yo-kai Watch 2

Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer): Style Savvy 3

Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages: Nintendo amiibo game

Code name: “DMW2”: Disney Magical World 2

Combining the fact that Cadillac is used for Style Savvy games and that Caviar F is used in most Pokemon Rumble games this is my final conclusion, this is using the information from NeoGaf. That was much faster to figure out than I thought.
1. You said "using the info from neogaf" in your post on neogaf. May want to edit that part out lol
2. It's easy to "fill in the blanks" when there are only 2 blanks left because the reast were already filled in .:laugh: Even then there is no telling if ou are right or not.

And a funny because I can

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw this on the pokecomunity:

From a user called Mikachu:
As my friend TerraCotta stated; "Barcelona being right on the coast of the Mediterranean. Also two of the artworks shown in the trailer feature the Pokemon Horsea, a Fountain and most importantly a flag. The flag of the Mediterranean flag has a seahorse on it.
Some say Singapore because the architecture of many of the buildings in the art we've seen are reminiscent of it. But my money's honestly on Spain."

This is an interesting observation. Spain would be cool.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I saw this on the pokecomunity:

From a user called Mikachu:
As my friend TerraCotta stated; "Barcelona being right on the coast of the Mediterranean. Also two of the artworks shown in the trailer feature the Pokemon Horsea, a Fountain and most importantly a flag. The flag of the Mediterranean flag has a seahorse on it.
Some say Singapore because the architecture of many of the buildings in the art we've seen are reminiscent of it. But my money's honestly on Spain."

This is an interesting observation. Spain would be cool.
And you know where Spain is?
Right below France.
South Kalos confirmed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A game like Disney Infinity I feel works on home consoles the best considering you wouldn't have to lug that much Amiibos when carrying your 3DS. So, that's probably a major hole in that theory IMO.
Unless you don't need to lug them around.
They could make it to where the Amiibos merely "unlock" or download in a character. And then you can use them wherever you desire.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I wish I was more excited for Sun and Moon, I think I would be if we got proper gameplay footage.

But anyways, what if the starters aren't just creatures resembling everyday animals this time? Fire-type is a steaming hot birthday cake or something. I'd love to see it be changed up.

Unless you don't need to lug them around.
They could make it to where the Amiibos merely "unlock" or download in a character. And then you can use them wherever you desire.
No, they can't. You can easily use your friends amiibo to get all amiibo's you need in the game I assume we're talking about.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Right below France.
South Kalos confirmed.
Which is something that I think is likely.

I think what will make it a separate region is that it once apart of Kalos, but between the ultimate weapon and volcanion, the land was separated, and so the south split off and became it's own thing, until recent years, they were able to use technology to build a train to Kalos.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Right below France.
South Kalos confirmed.
YES! GOT IT RIGHT! And if that colour theory with Zygarde Complete is true, then Gen 6.5 is definitely the case. Not to mention there'd be no point in marketing it. Which reminds me, BW2 had the areas in BW become harder and you can collect Zygarde Cells over Kalos according to the site. Kalos is gonna be in Sunmoon, and Zygarde is appearing as a super boss, like Kyurem, who couldn't be caught in the main story

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Unspecified
More Fairy-types in general, especially unused Fairy combinations.
More original Fairy Pokemon. Even if Gen VI had more original Fairy Pokemon than Gen II did for Dark and Steel Pokemon combined, there still weren't alot compared to all the Pokemon that added or changed to Fairy-type.
More Pokemon with Type Combinations that only belong to one set of Pokemon currently, like say Poison/Fighting and not Grass/Poison or Bug/Poison.
More Ice and Ghost Pokemon. Seriously, Ice and Ghost don't have alot of Pokemon and yet Steel which only got 5 Pokemon in Gen II has really bypassed them.

-Specified
A Dark/Fairy Pokemon inspired by imps.
An Ice/Steel Hockey Pokemon.
An Ice/Fairy Pokemon inspired by the Snow Fairies of the Nutcracker Suite.
A Dark/Poison Vampire Pokemon.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. I think it's high time to grab some popcorn ladies and gentlemen.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Things are shaking up around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom