• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I remember how a friend of mine did the attack helicopter meme on Facebook
When most of our friends are "SJWs"(I really can't think of a better term)
Everyone took it as just a joke
Though recently, some of them seem to be very... "Tumblr-y"
Like, they like and share stuff that you'd see on Tumblr
And yesterday one of them said this when we were discussing Star Wars:
"Why don't people like Finn?"
"Because people are racist"
So I want to get the new fire Emblem.

Revelations is the version that lets me play all 3 stories, right?
Revelations is the third path that can only be bought through DLC
If you want all in one cartdridge, good luck finding the special edition or buy either BR or C and buy the other two through the game's DLC(because you get a discount and don't pay full price for the full version this way)
The question is...
What defines family?
Blood or memories?
Do you hold loyal to your birth or to your bringing up?
I honestly don't know anyone who'd go over blood
Like, what if you found out that your family isn't your biological one?
Would you just say "**** it" and go find your "real" family?
There's a reason why I don't like when stories do this, portray adoptive families as "evil" and say that they would never love the kid as much as their own blood
There's a reason I don't like Harry Potter
And one of the reasons I like Heroes

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I want to get the new fire Emblem.

Revelations is the version that lets me play all 3 stories, right?
Revelations is essentially a full third game in DLC form.

You can't get it on a cart. What you are think of is the Special Edition. It gives you Birthright and Conquest on one cart, and gives you a code to download Revelations when it comes out. It also has some bonuses like an art book.

It's rare though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just played three matches of Street Fighter V.

Holy ****. Say what you will about the content, the gameplay is phenominal. I could play this game for hours.

I love it!

Zangeif and FANG are perfection.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Sonic social media accounts are killing it right now.

*groan*

I don't even know what to say to that reaction.

The only thing I can really offer is the same thing I feel about many vocal Christian groups: They are picking their battles poorly and it's making them look thin skinned and incompetent while at the same time not addressing situations that actually need to be brought to the surface and dealt with.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*groan*

I don't even know what to say to that reaction.

The only thing I can really offer is the same thing I feel about many vocal Christian groups: They are picking their battles poorly and it's making them look thin skinned and incompetent while at the same time not addressing situations that actually need to be brought to the surface and dealt with.
Every group has their stupid members.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So here's my updated roster, now without cut veterans as alts,

What do you think, better or worse?

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
the attack helicopter joke isn't rooted in transphobia

also the holocaust wasn't rooted in antisemitism

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A) Doesn't mean you don't consider him family even if you hate him.
B) You also don't have an attractive older step-sister.
No, he's not family

I expect family members to have some kind of bond or closeness

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've been steering clear of basically anything for Fates spoiler reasons, but I did look at an amiibo showcase video showing off the four amiibo units. One thing in particular stood out to me.

The Levin Sword actually makes contact in close quarters now. Smash influence, I tell ya. :p

Chrono.

Also Revelations Won't be available till March 10th so you can't play it right away either.

EDIT: mobile didn't show any new posts

Mfw

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No.
The Special Edition BEGINS with all 3 versions.
Otherwise, you buy 1 version. For sake of the hypothetical, say it's Birthright.
I believe it's either at the prologue or at Chapter 6, it will then give you the choice of at least also Conquest (I think the digitial release of Revelations is delayed) and will take you to the Eshop to download the other story/stories at half price.
I remember how a friend of mine did the attack helicopter meme on Facebook
When most of our friends are "SJWs"(I really can't think of a better term)
Everyone took it as just a joke
Though recently, some of them seem to be very... "Tumblr-y"
Like, they like and share stuff that you'd see on Tumblr
And yesterday one of them said this when we were discussing Star Wars:
"Why don't people like Finn?"
"Because people are racist"

Revelations is the third path that can only be bought through DLC
If you want all in one cartdridge, good luck finding the special edition or buy either BR or C and buy the other two through the game's DLC(because you get a discount and don't pay full price for the full version this way)

I honestly don't know anyone who'd go over blood
Like, what if you found out that your family isn't your biological one?
Would you just say "**** it" and go find your "real" family?
There's a reason why I don't like when stories do this, portray adoptive families as "evil" and say that they would never love the kid as much as their own blood
There's a reason I don't like Harry Potter
And one of the reasons I like Heroes
Revelations is essentially a full third game in DLC form.

You can't get it on a cart. What you are think of is the Special Edition. It gives you Birthright and Conquest on one cart, and gives you a code to download Revelations when it comes out. It also has some bonuses like an art book.

It's rare though.
You're thinking of the Special Edition. Revelations is the 3rd route, only available through DLC
D'oh. If you wanna start with Fates, do Birthright, you can grind, have exploitable Arenas, easier gameplay.
I see, I may just buy the birthright and conquest separately. I'll ask my friend who works at gamestop and see if he knows if they are getting the special edition. If I can't get it, I'll buy the other 2 then.

D

Deleted member

Fates Spoilers
I find it funny that people are comparing the Nohr siblings with step-siblings
When the Hoshido siblings are literally that(Corrin's mother married Sumeragi, the father of the Hoshido siblings)
This makes the whole point of the choice pointless
Because who would you choose?
Your adoptive family you grew up with or a new adoptive family?

How would you rate it?
Honestly, I don't get why you cut Lucina
She's a clone, she takes less work than any of the FE characters
Or are you cutting her for the sake of it?
So I've been steering clear of basically anything for Fates spoiler reasons, but I did look at an amiibo showcase video showing off the four amiibo units. One thing in particular stood out to me.

The Levin Sword actually makes contact in close quarters now. Smash influence, I tell ya. :p
Magic swords already did that in the GBA games tho

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fates Spoilers
I find it funny that people are comparing the Nohr siblings with step-siblings
When the Hoshido siblings are literally that(Corrin's mother married Sumeragi, the father of the Hoshido siblings)
This makes the whole point of the choice pointless
Because who would you choose?
Your adoptive family you grew up with or a new adoptive family?

Honestly, I don't get why you cut Lucina
She's a clone, she takes less work than any of the FE characters
Or are you cutting her for the sake of it?

Magic swords already did that in the GBA games tho
But I mean, they could have easily just made it the lightning strike from Awakening, but they didn't. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I see, I may just buy the birthright and conquest separately. I'll ask my friend who works at gamestop and see if he knows if they are getting the special edition. If I can't get it, I'll buy the other 2 then.
Just don't forget you can make it cheaper by just buying one, and then buying the other later as DLC within the game.

And in case you don't know already:

-Birthright is easier, and more like Awakening. You can infinitely grind for money and EXP, objectives are more straightforward, and so are the maps, and what not. It's also the one with the homosexual girl.

-Conquest is more like the classics and is much more difficult. You have limited opportunities to grind for money and EXP, objectives are much more varied, and the maps are more complex. It's also the one with the homosexual guy.

Unless you really care about the characters, your choice should be based on this.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree. But don't put all the blame on Capcom for this.

Sony actually sped up the process considering all the interviews said that the game would have taken a long time with the budget it had if Sony didn't find the game and sped up the process.

The game would have been completed if given another 3 months of development with adding in extra fighters and the story mode.

I blame the game coming out early just so it can hit CEO and EVO on time and felt rushed. They cared more the e-sports audience than making a complete game which hurts the game.

However atleast it'll feel much more finished and completed by July
Still, I can't help but feel that many games suffer from poor scheduling and poor development conditions.

It's hurting the industry. Patches and DLC shouldn't be done to complete games that were rushed into the market.

Patches and DLC can benefit a game's lifetime, but the ability to transfer data from the Internet has been exploited to release incomplete, rushed games far too much.

I may be blowing this out of proportion but when considering I'm in a college course about programming, IT and software development and management, it pisses me off to see so much lack of professionalism and lack of commitment from big companies.

Even worse, said lack of quality development is becoming a norm in the industry. Nobody benefits.

Burruni

Smash Hero
But I mean, they could have easily just made it the lightning strike from Awakening, but they didn't. :p
Honestly, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they ripped the animation straight from Smash 3DS.
Considering how much Sakurai ported Uprising content for Smash Run, for example.

D

Deleted member

I noticed that Yuuri is with the first party characters. I'm pretty sure that Fatal Frame is still a third party IP and that Nintendo only co-owns Fatal Frame IV & V, the Fatal Frame II Wii port, and Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame I-III are on PSN without any involvement with Nintendo).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Some of these alts don't work.
Daisy doesn't work as an alt of Peach because certain elements of Peach's moveset, such as Toad, the float, and Turnips, are very specifically things that belong to Peach and only Peach. Daisy also isn't in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Metal Sonic as a Sonic alt also wouldn't work. Whenever Metal Sonic is a skin for Sonic he still has some different animations. Wouldn't work in Smash.

Linkle hasn't even used a sword and shield yet...why is she an alt of Link here?

Not commenting on the character choices, since there's nothing really wrong with them...although I like the addition of a Fatal Frame rep, Miku would be the default, not Yuuri.

+ Ashley, Elma, Captain Toad, and Lloyd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you buy one copy, the second version is half price on the eshop
Alright thanks! I'll have to see how much space I have on my 3ds for it.

Just don't forget you can make it cheaper by just buying one, and then buying the other later as DLC within the game.

-Birthright is easier, and more like Awakening. You can infinitely grind for money and EXP, objectives are more straightforward, and so are the maps, and what not. It's also the one with the homosexual girl.

-Conquest is more like the classics and is much more difficult. You have limited opportunities to grind for money and EXP, objectives are much more varied, and the maps are more complex. It's also the one with the homosexual guy.

Unless you really care about the characters, your choice should be based on this.
Thanks, I'll keep that it mind. I want to buy both versions, and like the various difficult changes between the two.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Metal Sonic as a Sonic alt also wouldn't work. Whenever Metal Sonic is a skin for Sonic he still has some different animations. Wouldn't work in Smash.

He can work just fine.

I'll be making it happen eventually anyway.

Same with Daisy as a Peach alt.

D

Deleted member

I mean
It's just the sword model
The animations are class dependant
At least it was in Awakening, like, a Killing Edge would have the same animations as a Steel Sword for example
Pretty sure in Fates the Levin Sword 1 range animation is the same as the sword animations for that class
Daisy doesn't work
Highlighted the important part

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

He can work just fine.

I'll be making it happen eventually anyway.

Same with Daisy as a Peach alt.
Sonic is Smash Bros. uses his body to attack. He stretches his spines, limbs, and he emotes constantly.
None of that works for Metal Sonic.

(And Metal Sonic with Sonic's run animation is pretty tacky.)

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Still, I can't help but feel that many games suffer from poor scheduling and poor development conditions.

It's hurting the industry. Patches and DLC shouldn't be done to complete games that were rushed into the market.

Patches and DLC can benefit a game's lifetime, but the ability to transfer data from the Internet has been exploited to release incomplete, rushed games far too much.

I may be blowing this out of proportion but when considering I'm in a college course about programming, IT and software development and management, it pisses me off to see so much lack of professionalism and lack of commitment from big companies.

Even worse, said lack of quality development is becoming a norm in the industry. Nobody benefits.
There's one thing I do want too add to Frostwraith Frostwraith 's statement above.

Say if I go into a thrift store in 10 years to find a used copy of Street Fighter V. Since the game is on physical media, I could play it anytime down the road (provided the disc is still in tact of course) whenever I feel like it. There's only one problem though, patch distribution doesn't really last forever.

That copy of SFV sitting in the thrift store 10 years down the line is nothing more than a gimped copy. By the time the PS4 is nearing the end of its life cycle, those online servers will just keep on going down one by one. This includes the servers that hold the patch data too. This means all the modes, stages, characters, etc added to the game will be lost and all you'll be left with is a gimped game.

Same thing with Smash Wii U/3DS, all the DLC will be gone officially down the road from the servers. That's not to say you'll still have the data still on your hard drive/flash storage, but if you delete that data or if your hard drive dies your ****ed either way.

That's why incomplete games and patches aren't good for the long term.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So apparently if I win my local Pokken tournament I get to be on a Nintendo Web-Series where I train with a "Fighting Game Professional".

I'm gonna make Justin Wong plug my Youtube channel so ****ing hard.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic is Smash Bros. uses his body to attack. He stretches his spines, limbs, and he emotes constantly.
None of that works for Metal Sonic.

(And Metal Sonic with Sonic's run animation is pretty tacky.)
-Metal Sonic has pistons for limbs, so they can stretch.
-Sonic's spines only stretch harshly for one move and it's for a split second. The move animation still works for Metal Sonic.
-Emoting isn't an issue, modding has already proven that emotes don't have to be kept the same between alts. Hell, even vanilla alts prove this.

>Japanese voice actor

You scared me there for a second :v
Whoops, I left that out by accident. Already fixed it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I thought they swung both ways...:/

Either way if I'm unable to find the special edition I'll probably pick up Birthright...
I'm a bit if an FE noob anyways...the characters appear more interesting to me anyway...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, and somewhat dumb question, but when does FE come out? Was it today, or is it tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom