• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Question: What was the site's reaction when Greninja was revealed?

(I wasn't registered at the time)
I don't know what THIS site's reaction was, but GameFAQs spent about a month from the time it was leaked "proving" it was fake before proceeding to throw a huge tantrum about how it wasn't up to their expectations and how "the fact that it doesn't have bubbles completely goes against the rest of the line" when it turned out it was real.

I was too busy being dumbfounded at Binacle's design to be upset at the water starter, but since then I've just been happy that it was a new animal type unlike a rather large number of other Pokémon introduced in the already small batch of new Pokémon.

*EDIT* Were you talking about Smash? Then just read the first part minus the bubbles and plus Gematsu and you mostly have it.

Also really, really salty Mewtwo fans.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
komodo dragons and other monitor lizards like megalania are really recent
like... cenozoic or maybe cretaceous?
someone brought up earlier that fossil pokemon tend to originate from the same era, so coricus was going for devonian fauna
Earliest ancestors of Monitors and Komodos are Mosasaurs from the late Cretaceous...one of them would be cool, as well as Icthyosaurs and plesiosaurs...then again we have Lapras for Plesiosaurs so...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't know what THIS site's reaction was, but GameFAQs spent about a month from the time it was leaked "proving" it was fake before proceeding to throw a huge tantrum about how it wasn't up to their expectations and how "the fact that it doesn't have bubbles completely goes against the rest of the line" when it turned out it was real.

I was too busy being dumbfounded at Binacle's design to be upset at the water starter, but since then I've just been happy that it was a new animal type unlike a rather large number of other Pokémon introduced in the already small batch of new Pokémon.

*EDIT* Were you talking about Smash? Then just read the first part minus the bubbles and plus Gematsu and you mostly have it.

Also really, really salty Mewtwo fans.
I just remember all those stupid post that Sakurai 'trolled' Mewtwo fans.

People believe hat Sakurai is some crazy troll master which isn't true.

Hey, PushDustIn PushDustIn this can be your new article. Is Sakurai truly a Troll

Khoru

Smash Champion
Earliest ancestors of Monitors and Komodos are Mosasaurs from the late Cretaceous...one of them would be cool, as well as Icthyosaurs and plesiosaurs...then again we have Lapras for Plesiosaurs so...
oh yeah wait what was that thing.

TANYSTROPHEUS
it's hypothesized that it lived near the water and used its neck as a "fishing rod"

Burruni

Smash Hero
oh yeah wait what was that thing.

TANYSTROPHEUS
it's hypothesized that it lived near the water and used its neck as a "fishing rod"
Man.
Maybe it's because I'm some kind of monster.
But every time I see an absurdly long neck like that.
I just have a want for...

Khoru

Smash Champion
actually wait hang on. there's not even a giraffe pokemon. just a proto-giraffe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lol. No one answered my question.

Cant blame you guys.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lol. No one answered my question.

Cant blame you guys.
I'm no expert with relationships.
I'm someone who's desperately clingy and is only a few months fresh out of a 3-year relationship with the other part to it just completely cutting off any means of communication one night.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Eh... I've had a lot of relationship experiences... And I mean a lot... My most recent relationship involved me having to break up with my girlfriend due to us living a long distance from each other... :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/17/11...w-mewtwo-canon-pokemon-company-nintendo-wii-u
So The Pokémon Company is keeping their lips sealed on whether or not Pokkén Tournament's Shadow Mewtwo is canon to the core games.

While we don't have confirmation that Shadow Mewtwo is the same thing as Colosseum's/XD's Shadow Pokémon, are Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness canon to the core games?
I'd actually argue it's more ambiguous than a straight "no," possibly leading into a potential "yes." Considering you could trade Pokemon to those games in Gen III as if they were any main series game (and not like the Manaphy egg in Ranger where it's a one-time deal), I'd say yes. Yeah, there's the Shadow Lugia becoming normal thing, but I think that's just due to the hardware at the time. You couldn't patch things in back then.

They're definitely ambiguously canon, due to being by Genius Sonority and not GameFreak, but they're the most canon of the non-GF titles.

D

Deleted member

So how is Street Fighter 5? I heard that is..... welll..... not very good.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So how is Street Fighter 5? I heard that is..... welll..... not very good.
Disappointing to say the least, the demos showed a ton of promise, and I was seriously hyped for it... It's just too bad the way it turned out...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Liar=/=Troll

But whatever
Most of the examples of him trolling were taken to be lies. If I were to do a Sakurai Trolling article it would be a rehash of all the evidence I brought up.
Huh...

Want a date.

Not a lot of single women in my area.

Found one. Don't know her very well, but we're on good terms and get along. Friended her on Facebook today (with a bunch of other people). I'm considering just asking her on a date over FB.

Yeah I know I know. Bad idea to do that, but its my only shot at getting her alone.

Thoughts?
Don't come off as creepy or desperate. How long have you been talking with her?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Things that aren't Pokemon that should be IMO? Okay.

- Opossum (Ghost-Normal please)
- Peacock
- Toucan
- Crystal Ball (could be a cool Rock-Psychic type)
- Umbrella (perfect for another Ghost-Water type)
- Armadillo
- An actual raccoon that's not a tanooki
- A better non-Psyduck platypus
- Koala

- Oh, and a Grass-Dark Binturong

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Things that aren't Pokemon that should be IMO? Okay.

- Opossum (Ghost-Normal please)
- Peacock
- Toucan
- Crystal Ball (could be a cool Rock-Psychic type)
- Umbrella (perfect for another Ghost-Water type)
- Armadillo
- An actual raccoon that's not a tanooki
- A better non-Psyduck platypus
- Koala
What about a Panther, Bull, Triceratops and MMA fighter

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I had a funny idea for one once, it's kinda weird, but a fire hide rent Pokemon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bouffalant is based off of bisons and buffaloes

And Tauros is average.

I WANT THE ULTIMATE MINOTAUR
Bull just describes any male bovine, so I'm still technically correct. The best kind of correct. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bull just describes any male bovine, so I'm still technically correct. The best kind of correct. :p
Yeah but you're using semantics

Looking at both designs one screams one species and one the other

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah but you're using semantics

Looking at both designs one screams one species and one the other
In a world were this :223: turns into this :224:...differences in species aren't exactly that big of an issue...

Point is both Bouffalant and Tauros pretty much fill the bull archetype, plus there's Terrakion as well who is technically a bull also...an actual Minotaur on the other hand is something that'd be interesting to see...

D

Deleted member

What was Lucas doing in Foster's home For Imaginary Friends?

He looks exactly like him.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What was Lucas doing in Foster's home For Imaginary Friends?

He looks exactly like him.
That was actually a pretty old joke I remember from other sites, I guess Lauren Faust just likes Mother 3. :p

Anyways off to bed, g'night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom