• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do any of you think Dr. Luigi works as an alt for Luigi?
Unfortunately we once again run into the issue of fireball vs megavitamin and everything that entails. Fire properties are a ***** aren't they?

At least he wouldn't have to deal with FLUDD or being a vet so the good doctor has that going for him.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
tfw when a group of punks think they can trick my bf into giving up his cellphone on the train this evening. :4bayonetta:

At least one of them won't be feeling his jewels in the morning after what I did to them. This is why he arguably needs me as his protection.
Whoahohoho, I wouldn't go that far. I could have gotten some hits on his ugly face if it weren't for him grabbing my arms. But good thing you broke out the grip of his lackey with your skills.

But not to worry, those fools are going to be tracked down like bacteria after I told the CTA everything. They made a big mistake to mess with me when I'm fully determined. Just ask the last guy that almost got away with my old phone back in high school.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Before the topic dies off too quickly...

nuff said

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unfortunately we once again run into the issue of fireball vs megavitamin and everything that entails. Fire properties are a ***** aren't they?

At least he wouldn't have to deal with FLUDD or being a vet so the good doctor has that going for him.
I almost want him to happen. Imagine if Dr. Luigi could do the luigi cyclone and then throw pills into the luigi rocket.

IT be crazy but really fun.
It be interesting to see just have different the two doctors and their counterparts could be tier and action wise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This leak screams fake but:

Furfrou in Pokken: This would be fantastic!

Mega Flygon: Even Better but GF said they had no idea how to make one...

Pokemon Z Plot: Az and his kingdom, that be intriguing... But no mention of magianna or new mons...

Mega zoroark: Yes!!!!

Mega Zekrom and Reshiriam: Why?

I'm don't really believe this but I like the sounds of some of it.

And Nintendo Account is Trending on Twitter.... Not something I'd expect.

D

Deleted member

Just saw deadpool, pffft, it wasn't THAT bad. (When it comes to crude R rated movies.)

I was in a car with all children and one adult on a drive on my birthday.... You'd be surprised how dirty children are. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Whoahohoho, I wouldn't go that far. I could have gotten some hits on his ugly face if it weren't for him grabbing my arms. But good thing you broke out the grip of his lackey with your skills.

But not to worry, those fools are going to be tracked down like bacteria after I told the CTA everything. They made a big mistake to mess with me when I'm fully determined. Just ask the last guy that almost got away with my old phone back in high school.
Give credit where it's due, you know I'm the one who weaken them so that they can run away. But I'm glad that you were alright since all that money for an IPhone shouldn't go to waste. :p

And I don't see them running away from the law since they can always look at the camera's to see what went wrong. And like that one guy that got arrested after you exposed him years ago, I don't see the dastardly duo of blokes getting away scott free.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That may be correct. i'll fix it!
View attachment 97568

Also it seems to just show the new mons, hiding Zygarde and others.

If real, Perhaps southern Kalos is treated as a new region?
Hmm. that's the exact list that was posted earlier.

Either they were just copycats or they're on to something (for now until further proof, I'm going with the former).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmm. that's the exact list that was posted earlier.

Either they were just copycats or they're on to something (for now until further proof, I'm going with the former).
it seems to be the list but translate to Chinese( From either English or Japanese) and listed the same way the Kalos dex is. Except it says southern Kalos on the Left( I believe that's what someone said, or it's the middle). The other two are unknown, and past pokemon are not listed, but it's being called AZ. Which is a possible name for the 3rd game.

So people could be onto something or copy cating.

Which is weird, as a text leak like this does not usually end up so spread, or have people attempt to piggyback off of it.

Maybe the 3rd game hype and wait is finally getting to people and driving them insane....

Oh and I didn't make it

@Fumi-Chan! are you referring to the leak or the comment that made fun of undertale? Because that's what it links to...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Every gen just has a special pokemon/line I can't stand.
Gen 1: Exeggcute
Gen 2: Stantler
Gen 3: Spheal
Gen 4: Burmy and Bronzor, I can't choose just one
Gen 5: Tynamo
Gen 6: Furfrou
If you see a fake leak involving any of these, it wasn't me.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Every gen just has a special pokemon/line I can't stand.
Gen 1: Exeggcute
Gen 2: Stantler
Gen 3: Spheal
Gen 4: Burmy and Bronzor, I can't choose just one
Gen 5: Tynamo
Gen 6: Furfrou
If you see a fake leak involving any of these, it wasn't me.
Walrein and Eelecktross are power tho...

however...

Gen 1-Don't really dislike any of them tbh...don't care for a lot of them but no actual hatred...
Gen 2-same as above
Gen 3-Volbest/Illumise
Gen 4-Burmy line...
Gen 5-stupid monkeys
Gen 6-Aromatisse

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Walrein and Eelecktross are power tho...
Gen 3 has an abundance of water types and the spheal line were the one to catch my ire.
Eelectross will forever be inferior to the glory of Galvantula and will be a disappointment as a PHYSICAL ELECTRIC TYPE. Especially one that can ONLY get Spark naturally.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gen 3 has an abundance of water types and the spheal line were the one to catch my ire.
Eelectross will forever be inferior to the glory of Galvantula and will be a disappointment as a PHYSICAL ELECTRIC TYPE. Especially one that can ONLY get Spark naturally.
but the whole no weaknesses thing...(agreed Galvantula is superior tho)

but if I'm being honest Electric types disinterest me more than any other type...I rarely have an electric type on my team...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the spheel and tynamo( why did they think him and tympole should be in the same gen? To similar name wise) line are really good pokemon.

Galvantula is cool design and concept wise, but I like electracross beats galvantula.

One flamethrower and galvantula is done. Also the entry hazards wouldn't touch Electrkross.

Ivander

Smash Legend
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016...-soleils-localized-support-conversation-full/
I really like this change! Added humour, in character and sweet...Localization is clearly great
I was surprised at how close it was to the original while taking out the controversial parts. Good job, Treehouse.
That being said, I got to love how when given the opportunity, the first thing Soleil fantasizes is her flirting with a genderswap of her dad's boss. That just has to be a comic/4koma/etc at some point.
-Tyranitar = Just as it should be.
-Poliwrath = I'm okay with this!
-Latios = Would prefer Latias, but I'm fine with this.
-Furfrou = Really? Why the poodle?

Either way, I'll believe it when I see it happen.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You have saddened me.

Stantler was my favorite pokemon for a looooong time.

Spheal's adorableness speaks for itself
All I can think of is the Pokemon Pinball game where you launch balls at them as fast as possible to force them up ice ramps.

Edit:
but the whole no weaknesses thing...(agreed Galvantula is superior tho)

but if I'm being honest Electric types disinterest me more than any other type...I rarely have an electric type on my team...
No weaknesses don't mean a lot when I don't like the design at all and despise it from a view at its bad speed, mediocre defenses, and poor physical pool without tutors.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Aww man, I would love a Mega Butterfree. I think a friend of mine had an idea for a Mega Buttefree awhile back that actually took notes from Fire Emblem. I'd also be down for Poliwrath in Pokken... even if I don't think it would happen.

:062:

Khoru

Smash Champion
it seems to be the list but translate to Chinese( From either English or Japanese) and listed the same way the Kalos dex is. Except it says southern Kalos on the Left( I believe that's what someone said, or it's the middle). The other two are unknown, and past pokemon are not listed, but it's being called AZ. Which is a possible name for the 3rd game.

So people could be onto something or copy cating.

Which is weird, as a text leak like this does not usually end up so spread, or have people attempt to piggyback off of it.

Maybe the 3rd game hype and wait is finally getting to people and driving them insane....

Oh and I didn't make it

@Fumi-Chan! are you referring to the leak or the comment that made fun of undertale? Because that's what it links to...
no that's still japanese
the characters are definitely kana
a few things are just romanized in a manner that makes more sense based on context and vowel/consonant clusters, instead of a literal transcription of the katakana

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
no that's still japanese
the characters are definitely kana
a few things are just romanized in a manner that makes more sense based on context and vowel/consonant clusters, instead of a literal transcription of the katakana
I see, thanks! I saw it labeled as Chinese writing, but I always get the symbols between the two mixed up.

So it's basically takes the mons and lists them by location. Weird thing to do, but ok.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yes, but there isn't many other great choices from the Devonian
They don't necessarily need to be paired with another pokemon...remember :142:...

And I feel like a Dunckleoteus would be a cool enough addition to stand alone (then again a frikkin T-Rex couldn't stand alone so whatevs)

It still be cool tho...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I picked a random character from a hat,

What'd be your reaction if this character was in Smash?
Finally, the Shinomura Era Kirby gets some love.

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016...-soleils-localized-support-conversation-full/
I really like this change! Added humour, in character and sweet...Localization is clearly great
Agreed. We can finally get less of the Waaaaaaambulance from Tumblr and Soleil feels like a better character than the original.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes, but there isn't many other great choices from the Devonian
I've actually thought on this one before.

It's tricky, but I eventually settled on having something like Ichthyostega as a Devonian counterpart.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Huh...

Want a date.

Not a lot of single women in my area.

Found one. Don't know her very well, but we're on good terms and get along. Friended her on Facebook today (with a bunch of other people). I'm considering just asking her on a date over FB.

Yeah I know I know. Bad idea to do that, but its my only shot at getting her alone.

Thoughts?

Khoru

Smash Champion
can we just have more cambrian pokemon like in gen 3
opabinia and hallucigenia or wiwaxia
or pikaia even

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Question: What was the site's reaction when Greninja was revealed?

(I wasn't registered at the time)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
can we just have more cambrian pokemon like in gen 3
opabinia and hallucigenia or wiwaxia
or pikaia even
nah...we need the other periods to be represented before we start doubling up... :p

although...it'd be cool to see some Cenozoic Era pokes...lots of Rhinos and Elephants of that time with some very interesting facial structures...

'That's not Mewtwo!!!':mad: in a nutshell....I wasn't here either but that's the general reaction from what I gathered...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Huh...

Want a date.

Not a lot of single women in my area.

Found one. Don't know her very well, but we're on good terms and get along. Friended her on Facebook today (with a bunch of other people). I'm considering just asking her on a date over FB.

Yeah I know I know. Bad idea to do that, but its my only shot at getting her alone.

Thoughts?
If you ask me I'd say just try taking it slow, try to ease your way into her.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Confusion but excitement.

Most people thought we'd get Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo.

Khoru

Smash Champion
What about a Komodo Dragon
komodo dragons and other monitor lizards like megalania are really recent
like... cenozoic or maybe cretaceous?
someone brought up earlier that fossil pokemon tend to originate from the same era, so coricus was going for devonian fauna
nah...we need the other periods to be represented before we start doubling up... :p

although...it'd be cool to see some Cenozoic Era pokes...lots of Rhinos and Elephants of that time with some very interesting facial structures...
BUT CAMBRIAN'S THE BEST
some carboniferous stuff would be nice, like arthropleura
paraceratherium would be neat too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom