• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am getting so damn hyped for Bayo now holy ****. Smash 4 has my favorite roster in a fighting game. Some shortcomings sure, but all around really good.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, this doesn't do it for me because the placement of the retro/other characters is weird lol.
Also Mii Fighters go after the 3rd parties.
1) The 8 "misc" fighters and Retroes are always hard to pin. I just kept the mother boys and the captains together to fill out the first, the "normal human trio" fit nicely after star fox and that just left a few behind.
2) I always put Mii fighters opposite of random because I thought that they'd turn into a second random icon when online.
Silly me on that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I joined Smashboards for the speculation for Smash but I'm still sticking around afterwards because I like discussing competitive aspects of all Smash games and waiting until the music hacks happen so I can finally put One Winged Angel on Midgar and add MGR music in the game

And also it the only decent video game forum on the internet and that's goddamn impressive to not be crap on the interwebz

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, can any of you nice people link me to a high res render of Corrin and Bayonetta?

...I did? :,O
Well judging by the likes on my post either you did or people are just happy at the prospect of me leaving.

...probably both.

lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Sony Snatched Kojima

too me this long to come up with that

Burruni

Smash Hero

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Burruni

Smash Hero
What does "403 Forbidden" mean?
It means Gelbooru's dumb when being linked to specific sites....
Let me download them and post em to facebook. One moment, folks.

Edit:
Many thanks! ^_^

Though those links didn't work for me... causing me to have to search manually for Bayonetta on gelbooru.

So needless to say...

I'M SORRY!

Double Post:

Same order.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...574_592394120909795_7436326029259479031_o.jpg

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...005_592394064243134_3395832163415878512_o.jpg

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...4808_592394047576469_617760424517333351_o.jpg

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does :4sonic: count? He made a cameo in the arcade game Rad Mobile before Sonic 1 was released.
Through the power of loopholes, I'll say yes. :p

Almost done with my version of this hypothetical scenario. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even though I didn't say I was abandoning ship immediately, I wonder how many people are suspicious I am still here.

...I did? :,O
Well, if nothing else.

You know how when your arm is on something while you sleep, it leaves an impression of the object on your arm.

Maybe kind of like that.

D

Deleted member

Pffft, you people are far too pure, gelbooru's like, my boyfriend's main site. :p I prefer a different site, but I'm not going to say what it is because you guys are going to look me up and yeah.....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is literally the first time I'e ever heard of this "Gelbooru"

I don't think I'll be checking it out

MainJPW

M.T.A
Pffft, you people are far too pure, gelbooru's like, my boyfriend's main site. :p I prefer a different site, but I'm not going to say what it is because you guys are going to look me up and yeah.....
At the very least I never go to that place without ad block. The cringe is too real.

Shroob

Sup?
Trust me, I've probly used it.

*Coughpmmeitcough*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
No I've would never be caught there on Gelbooru. No way, I have been on there more than 9 times

I don't ever get some of pictures from there, Nope. No siree.

:lol:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Jesus I was just trying to post some friggin renders and now everyone's going on a tirade about lewd image hosting sites.

HOW ABOUT THAT NINTENDO THO.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Jesus I was just trying to post some friggin renders and now everyone's going on a tirade about lewd image hosting sites.

HOW ABOUT THAT NINTENDO THO.
I love how our avatars are similar as heck.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up about the site. I dont need the lewd in my life >_>

D

Deleted member

At the very least I never go to that place without ad block. The cringe is too real.
Yeah, I'd say a good 90% of it is pretty cringey. But eh, the eyes get used to it, especially after looking at lewd things everday. :p(That doesn't stop me from being from being turned off completely though because of how bad things can get at times though.)

And ehhh, I mine as well confess it, since I don't like PMing such small details. *Deep breath*
DonotlookmeuponsankakucomplexDonotlookmeuponsankakucomplexDonotlookmeuponsankakucomplexDonotlookmeuponsankakucomplex
Seriously though, unless you're unphazed by snything lewd, don't look me up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aaaaand, here's my version for the challenge thing described in my last post. :p

Arcade Smash Roster.png

Naturally, lots of fighting game characters for a purely arcade-character roster. For simplicity, I used modern DK despite it being Cranky in the arcade games. As well, I know the arcade versions of Punch-Out!! and Ninja Gaiden featured unnamed protagonists, but...Nintendo kinda retconned the arcade guy into Mac anyway, and the same can be done for Hayabusa. :p Pac-Man also has a Ms. Pac-Man alt.

Sonic is in via loophole, as is Ralph (Disney released a real-life Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade machine before the movie released). :p

And finally, Sinistar acts as a Galactus-type final boss in the classic/arcade/story mode.

I tried to go for no more than like, two characters per game. And before anyone asks: Ryu and Ken=Street Fighter, Chun-Li and Bison=Street Fighter 2, Mario and Donkey Kong=Donkey Kong, DK Jr.=Donkey Kong Jr, and Luigi=Mario Bros.
(Once again, loopholes :p).

So yeah, just a silly scenario where there was a Smash Bros. game that only used characters that originated in arcade games.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Aaaaand, here's my version for the challenge thing described in my last post. :p

View attachment 87991
Naturally, lots of fighting game characters for a purely arcade-character roster. For simplicity, I used modern DK despite it being Cranky in the arcade games. As well, I know the arcade versions of Punch-Out!! and Ninja Gaiden featured unnamed protagonists, but...Nintendo kinda retconned the arcade guy into Mac anyway, and the same can be done for Hayabusa. :p Pac-Man also has a Ms. Pac-Man alt.

Sonic is in via loophole, as is Ralph (Disney released a real-life Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade before the movie released). :p

And finally, Sinistar acts as a Galactus-type final boss in the classic/arcade/story mode.

I tried to go for no more than like, two characters per game. And before anyone asks: Ryu and Ken=Street Fighter, Chun-Li and Bison=Street Fighter 2, Mario and Donkey Kong=Donkey Kong, DK Jr.=Donkey Kong Jr, and Luigi=Mario Bros.

So yeah, just a silly scenario where there was a Smash Bros. game that only used characters that originated in arcade games.
10/10 roster, Id pay 25 cents for a round or two

Burruni

Smash Hero

View attachment 87991

Sonic is in via loophole, as is Ralph (Disney released a real-life Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade before the movie released). :p

Realtalk.
I don't know who I'd want for a 3rd Capcom character more.
Phoenix Wright, the visnov lawyertective.

Or Sir Arthur.
BECAUSE BACK IN MY DAY WE BEAT SATAN ON 3 LIVES
IN OUR UNDERWEAR!
TWICE IN A ROW IF WE WANTED THE REAL ENDING!
AND WE LIKED IT!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd kind of want to just got with Mega Man characters

Mega Man, Bass, and Dr. Wily characters

Maybe protoman alternate costume for Mega Man

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man its been fun to reminies about this especially the three picks i made when certain things happened

when people were getting mad salty about roy

when everyone started to use my king k rool pic

and of course the final kick to chrom fans

man oh man there really isnt much left for the wiiu is there? its been one hell of a ride and i cant say i hated any of the people here....even if they were a bit set in their beliefs but man it really has been one wild ride

im staying but there really wont be much smash talk....i will however be getting hype for pokken with you guys as that games release crawls ever closer

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
man its been fun to reminies about this especially the three picks i made when certain things happened

man oh man there really isnt much left for the wiiu is there? its been one hell of a ride and i cant say i hated any of the people here....even if they were a bit set in their beliefs but man it really has been one wild ride

im staying but there really wont be much smash talk....i will however be getting hype for pokken with you guys as that games release crawls ever closer
I'll still never understand the whole "enjoy when others are upset" schadenfreude mentality...not singling you out, I'm just putting it out there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That sakt pic should have Corrin instead, as Roy was at least kind of popular. Even though he was added for the same reason as Corrin but is less exciting

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hellevator is actually a really cool show.

Has anyone else seen it?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My exams are finally over. I'll finally resume my French lessons and probably complete a game or two during the holidays. And watch lots of anime.

:231:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, someone told me that Damage Up in Splatoon ONLY effects Snipers.

... is that true? If so, why on earth would they only allow the most OP weapons to be even stronger? :/

Halp.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Characters that were potentially highly requested, but weren't negotiable or realizable.

Snake - Konami has been really dumb lately.

Banjo & Kazooie - Microsoft is a direct competitor, so there are some problems there.

Sora - Getting Disney to allow Sora to be in Smash would probably be hell.

Ice Climbers - Technical limitations.

Goku - Disqualified for not being a video game character.

Ridley

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Looks like it's time to git gud or git splat bruh
Oh, don't worry, I win almost every match and has literally the highest score in almost all my mwatches, even without using the Aerospray. :p I don't always kill the most, but I ink great.

I just don't know if the Damage Up thing really does only work for Snipers. Does anyone know? If they do, I am wasting slots on my Dynamo...

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. I noticed only 2 songs for Midgar and only 2 (3ds) or 3 (Wii U) trophies for Cloud. I am gonna guess that he was very hard to have the rights to use in this game. But still, I say he is a very cool looking character. I love using him a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom