• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I came back here briefly because of an alert and I know this might be a joke in some ways but....really?

The attitude from some of you former leak group members is actually appalling sometimes. Not just talking about this example but in general.

I love the hypocrisy in the Smashboards community.

>Dev build of Project M gets leaked
>Mods crack down on it, nobody is allowed to link to it or talk about it much, everyone is all like "I'M SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED PM DEV TEAM I WON'T DOWNLOAD IT OUT OF RESPECT BECOZ DAT LEAKER WAS FILTHY :("

>Official Smash leaks happen (yes including actual unreleased builds since that's what happened with Ryu and Roy)
>It's completely OK to discuss it, mods actively encourage it and making fun of people who want to retain the surprise is also encouraged as if they are some extra terrestrial species, datamining is encouraged, it makes front page news without being hidden for those who don't want to see it, and asking people to have the basic decency to spoiler it is frowned upon and gets you a lecture on The Importance of "Leak Culture". And people saying they don't care about what Sakurai thinks even though it's known he feels deep dissatisfaction when his work gets leaked.

Seriously screw the Smash community.

I'll come back tomorrow just to see the reactions and possible balance changes but yeah, don't want this surprise ruined.
Thank you

Before the release, I wanted to know about the game as much as I could so I joined the leaks group
Now I'm only here because of all the users that I spent nost of thepre-release days with
NOT because of leaks
This is NOT the leaks thread
People didn't move from the leaks group to here to talk about leaks, we moved here because we wanted to stay together
I hope I can trust all the users in this thread to either not post leals at all or AT LEAST SPOILER TAG THEM
Because that's not hard to do, if you post it without spoiler tags then you're deliberetly doing it to screw other people

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Project M leak put a bunch of young guys in their early 20s at risk of a completely unreasonable lawsuit that could have ruined their entire lives.

Smash 4 leaks might some people a tad upset that the trailer didn't reveal it for them.

I understand your argument. But don't even try to pretend like those are the same situations.
Are you completely forgetting that the people are also at risk of having their lives ruined (lawsuits from Nintendo), as well as broadcasts not getting the attention they deserve (people won't bother watching if they know what's coming), with official Smash leaks?

I mean just look at you guys egging on and probing RTB. He could actually get in deep **** if he did that and he had a great fear of that last time IIRC, after all was said and done. Granted it was partly his fault, but people kept harassing him for more.

It's no different. Leaks are leaks. They always have very bad repercussions on someone.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can people just not get into moral arguements for once?

Please?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
For those who say that they will break their disk or "Never play this game again" all because they didn't get what they want, just watch. Some of those people will get the DLC regardless. Or they don't buy it and continue playing. I've seen it happen. One time a friend of mine got salty because of K Rool was a costume. The next day I went to his house, we played the game, but he had the costume and forgot that the salt existed. It didn't really come off as a surprise.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So if I'm understanding this correctly:

The update isn't actually on the NUS, but he still has access to the files somehow?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So if I'm understanding this correctly:

The update isn't actually on the NUS, but he still has access to the files somehow?
Yeah this really confuses me.

As far as I know, an update is now out yet. So I don't see what he's talking about.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Either Way, I really doubt someone will leak something, I wouldn't panic yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For anyone who cares, Gamexplain is streaming Minecraft Wii U edition right now:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it, didn't he say he wouldn't leak anything?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
From past experiences, I feel TheRandomtalkingbush isn't one to lie.

He really shouldn't have said anything either way.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I want to make this clear as some people seem to think that me and a lot of these guys liking my posts all want leaks to happen. Almost maliciously towards you all.

That is 100% not the case.

We'd love to be excited for new trailers as well and to all be surprised. I'm sure most people, even myself, would rather it not happen.

But I can already see some of the salt coming in if it does happen. Especially considering how people like Bush got DEATH THREATS last time for spoiling a character reveal.

Some people seem to think that datamining and posting it on the internet is reason for a class action lawsuit. No. It isn't that big of a deal.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you don't want to run the risk of getting spoiled just close this tab, any others that might involve Smash discussion, and don't come back until after the broadcast.

If someone leaks something yeah that's kind of ****ty at this point but it's also pretty much the status quo, so it's not like it's coming out of left field here. Leaks happen sometimes, and given that information, it's the individual's responsibility to shield themselves from those kind of spoilers, not the leakers. Leakers gonna leak.

It's not rocket science...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Yeah this really confuses me.

As far as I know, an update is now out yet. So I don't see what he's talking about.
Here's the thing. RTB found the Ryu/Roy Patch as it went live in Japan first. Afterwards, he said the patch was stored in the server 3 days in advance so the servers wouldn't get jammed as much.

With NUSDownloader, your able to download the patch prematurely before the update goes live. So I assume the maintenance yesterday was to add the patch data into the server so it would lighten the load just a tad bit. Then RTB downloaded it directly from the server, datamined it and now he knows all the contents of the patch. I know other people can do this as well (like Crediar.) So that's why we need to watch out for leaks as others have the ability to do this kind of thing.

Last edited:

AreJay25

GUYS

GUYS IT'S TIME TO RUN, APPARENTLY THIS GUY IS DATAMINING

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Here's the thing. RTB found the Ryu/Roy Patch as it went live in Japan first. Afterwards, he said the patch was stored in the server 3 days in advance so the servers wouldn't get jammed as much.

With NUSDownloader, your able to download the patch prematurely before the update goes live. So I assume the maintenance yesterday was to add the patch data into the server so it would lighten the load just a tad bit. Then RTB downloaded it directly from the server, datamined it and now he knows all the contents of the patch. I know other people can do this as well (like Crediar.) So that's why we need to watch out for leaks as others have the ability to do this kind of thing.
Hmm. Thank you for the explanation.

I find it strange that Nintendo doesn't have some better encryption here. You don't see these updates being downloaded early from the server in any other system really.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
o

um

i guess i'm in the minority but I'm actually really hoping for a leak

it'd tell us if we'd like to spend the time to watch it immediately, and I kind of regret watching the latest Nintendo Direct, since there wasn't really anything that stood out to me.

Like, I'd really feel bad if it ruined the surprises for some of you. I hate surprises being ruined. But in the case of a direct being less than 20 hours away? I just can't handle the suspense, give me the juicy details now.

idk maybe it's me being spoiled or a bit salty/tired because none of the dlc characters are characters I actually would play as (besides Lucas, but he feels so different I can't even play him), but I just really want a leak to end this once and for all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It seems like we're now starting to verge on to the line where we run the risk of information I don't yet want to know being exposed.

So with that, I believe it's my time to go (plus I have a bunch of other stuff I need to get to). See you all on the other side~

Chrono.

It seems like we're now starting to verge on to the line where we run the risk of information I don't yet want to know being exposed.

So with that, I believe it's my time to go (plus I have a bunch of other stuff I need to get to). See you all on the other side~

... Yeeeah I'll follow suit.

Should be easy enough waiting till it's over

See y'all soon.

AreJay25

Now he's saying he's not sending leaks to anyone.

Yeaaah I don't know about this dude anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom