• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so we got a patch then?

See you all tomorrow, may as well savor one last surprise while I can

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Oh damn it might get leaked then? Someone got a direct link to the stream so I don't get spoiled via google or something?
Or PM me it tomorrow?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To be honest dude, your attitude is no better.

No one is calling the dataminers evil save you.
I'm just teasing man.

It's just rather silly the attitude towards leak compared to last year. Very silly.

Honestly, I think he isn't being serious, but anything's possible with Con0rr amirite?
If you believe hard enough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, if the game has been updated
Why is no one checking for balance changes?
Relevant
Screenshot_2015-09-30-08-14-49-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm staying, I find leaks unlikely and if they show up here, they will obviously be spoiled, so we could not click them.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
By the way.

I'm adding Isaac and Ice Climbers to my prediction list

because reasons

Possibility of datamining exists?
why is this theme so good?

BATTLESTATIONS ALL HANDS! PREPARE FOR SALTY IMPACT!

. . . it's time. To launch the hype missile
See you on the other side. Assuming we survive.

Im suspicious of RTB because reasons.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As of now, I have every single Mii hat in Smash Wii U. DLC or otherwise.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I know I just came back after a long hiatus but I'd really rather not be spoiled. I guess I'll see you all after the presentation to roll around in the hype

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'M SCARED OF NOT BEING MARKETED TO AHHH DONT LET THE EVIL DATAMINERS REVEAL MASAHIRO SAMURAI'S MASTERPIECE BEFORE HE CAN SELL IT TO US
I came back here briefly because of an alert and I know this might be a joke in some ways but....really?

The attitude from some of you former leak group members is actually appalling sometimes. Not just talking about this example but in general.

I love the hypocrisy in the Smashboards community.

>Dev build of Project M gets leaked
>Mods crack down on it, nobody is allowed to link to it or talk about it much, everyone is all like "I'M SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED PM DEV TEAM I WON'T DOWNLOAD IT OUT OF RESPECT BECOZ DAT LEAKER WAS FILTHY :("

>Official Smash leaks happen (yes including actual unreleased builds since that's what happened with Ryu and Roy)
>It's completely OK to discuss it, mods actively encourage it and making fun of people who want to retain the surprise is also encouraged as if they are some extra terrestrial species, datamining is encouraged, it makes front page news without being hidden for those who don't want to see it, and asking people to have the basic decency to spoiler it is frowned upon and gets you a lecture on The Importance of "Leak Culture". And people saying they don't care about what Sakurai thinks even though it's known he feels deep dissatisfaction when his work gets leaked.

Seriously screw the Smash community.

I'll come back tomorrow just to see the reactions and possible balance changes but yeah, don't want this surprise ruined.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I came back here briefly because of an alert and I know this might be a joke in some ways but....really?

The attitude from some of you former leak group members is actually appalling sometimes. Not just talking about this example but in general.

>Mods crack down on it, nobody is allowed to link to it or talk about it much, everyone is all like "I'M SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED PM DEV TEAM I WON'T DOWNLOAD IT OUT OF RESPECT BECOZ DAT LEAKER WAS FILTHY :("

>Official Smash leaks happen (yes including actual unreleased builds since that's what happened with Ryu and Roy)
>It's completely OK to discuss it, mods actively encourage it and making fun of people who want to retain the surprise is also encouraged as if they are some extra terrestrial species, datamining is encouraged, it makes front page news without being hidden for those who don't want to see it, and asking people to have the basic decency to spoiler it is frowned upon and gets you a lecture on The Importance of "Leak Culture". And people saying they don't care about what Sakurai thinks even though it's known he feels deep dissatisfaction when his work gets leaked.

I'll come back tomorrow just to see the reactions and possible balance changes but yeah, don't want this surprise ruined.
Please don't.
NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION! I NEED TO CHAT WITH YOU GUYS! HELP! HELP! I'M SUFFERING RIGHT NOW!
And you hold your breath and count to 10.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so can someone clarify something for me?

Is there for sure a patch? Or is it just a 'maybe' right now? Need to know how cautious I should be.

Like I said, not scared or hypocritical, just want this one last moment to be perfect.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, so can someone clarify something for me?

Is there for sure a patch? Or is it just a 'maybe' right now? Need to know how cautious I should be.

Like I said, not scared or hypocritical, just want this one last moment to be perfect.
Considering Bush knows how the Midgar music list looks compared to the 4chan leak from yesterday, I dunno, you tell me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yep, I picked few requests characters from few communities. To be fair, I have hard time to tell which characters smashboard backed up so much.
I believe Smashboards has an atypical abundance of Bandana Dee popularity (for the west), and a rather large contingent of Rayman support - though I believe places like Youtube and Miiverse might also share in the Rayman popularity. Some questionable company to keep in that regard, but whatever lol.

And there may be others I'm forgetting.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

It's almost as if.

There are different people on the website. And that one person may not represent the entire community.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Please don't.

And you hold your breath and count to 10.
Deny it all you like but that's exactly the way this community is and there is no way you can defend it or sugar coat.

It's unadulterated bull at it's finest.

I have no problem with people liking leaks but this high and mighty attitude you guys have at times is just ridiculous. The hypocrisy on display when Project M got leaked makes it worse.

It's almost as if.

There are different people on the website. And that one person may not represent the entire community.
You are missing the point.

The mod team are supposed to represent common ideas especially when making rules.

It's OK to discuss Smash 4 leaks and other Nintendo leaks in this thread. It's actively encouraged and you get made fun of should you even ask for something simple like the use of spoiler tags or even say that you are leaving until the official info is out.

But Project M? Nah, you get an infraction for discussing leaks there.

Funny how that works.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm not sure if waiting for the presentation is a hard thing to do.

Leaks are pointless when the thing is just a few hours away.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably going to take my leave until tomorrow, but I might as well do my annual buff/nerf vibe list.
Major Buff: :4cloud:
Minor Buff: :4dedede::4zelda::4palutena::4jigglypuff:
Slight Buff: :4bowser::4charizard::4link::4megaman::4samus::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4mewtwo::4lucas:
No Change: :4diddy::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4olimar::4peach::rosalina::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4pacman::4falcon::4drmario::4rob::4ryu:
Slight Nerf: :4fox::4sonic::4zss::4wario2:
Minor Nerf: :4sheik::4ness:
Major Nerf: :starman:

No Opinion: :4pikachu::4pit::4metaknight::4darkpit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4feroy:

Luma I still think could use a minor health nerf. Sheik needs her pretty much all her specials to be slightly less safe given their stupid amount of uses. Ness could use a B-Throw tuning like Sonic got (though it still should be the strongest in the game IMO).

Slight Nerfs are mostly bias and inexperience in the Zamus match up, although Wario I think is slept on because Waft in a 2 Stock environment.

Slight Buffs are mostly just vibes. Samus's meta is definitely rising from what I can tell, and I've seen some good Zards. Mega still needs something beyond special buffs. Mewtwo I'm not sure beyond fixing his grabs like WFT and minor hitbox changes. Duck Hunt is probably the character who is the most random in terms of tier list guesses, I've seen worse than Zelda to B-Tier viable.

Minor Buffs are mostly self explanatory, but I'm feeling less strongly about them than I did in the past. I've seen some good Dedede mains recently as well IDK.

Pikachu I don't know crap about. Meta Knight's meta is definitely getting up there, but he gives me Ryu/Diddy vibes. The Marth clones IDK, Lucina seems she could use something but I don't know crap about Roy.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Just please shut up for once. Lol

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Deny it all you like but that's exactly the way this community is and there is no way you can defend it or sugar coat.

It's unadulterated bull at it's finest.

I have no problem with people liking leaks but this high and mighty attitude you guys have at times is just ridiculous. The hypocrisy on display when Project M got leaked makes it worse.
Project M leak put a bunch of young guys in their early 20s at risk of a completely unreasonable lawsuit that could have ruined their entire lives.

Smash 4 leaks might some people a tad upset that the trailer didn't reveal it for them.

I understand your argument. But don't even try to pretend like those are the same situations.

Chrono.

I'm not sure if waiting for the presentation is a hard thing to do.

Leaks are pointless when the thing is just a few hours away.
Didn't stop the Ryu/Roy stuff.

And yeah we knew about them months in advance for the soundfiles but the update was still fully leaked.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ain't no reason for anyone to be rude to anyone.

If people want to be spoiled? Let them be ****ing spoiled.

If people want to be unspoiled? Let them remain un****ing spoiled.

There's no reason for anyone to make an ass out of themselves over a ****ing video game.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
You can tell that everyone is getting anxious now. Arguments are starting and people are posting fairly often now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom