• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Remnants of Tekken x SF.

That game never came out, right?

Also that's probably part of why he's not on the initial roster nor first wave of SFV DLC.

PSASBR2. :p
Still in development.

This is apparently canon too.

Akuma left SFV so that he could go kill Heihachi in Tekken.
Scratch that don't worry I found it lol XD :p

Chrono.

Remnants of Tekken x SF.

That game never came out, right?

Also that's probably part of why he's not on the initial roster nor first wave of SFV DLC.
That game is still in development, actually.

It's in the backburner due to Tekken 7, so if anything, this is leading to it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'd be awesome if there was a rare replay U with the DKC games

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I have a random question:

There's this song that I heard back in October 2014 that was like some hip-hop track. I don't know what it's called. It talks about music, at least in the chorus.

It went something like: "muuuusic *something, something, something* muuuuusic *something, something, something*"
"everybody(?) music"

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I hate it when I can't find the name of something.

-----
Nobody here payed attention to this post back a few weeks ago, but I found the song. I heard it again in the gym a few nights ago, but still had some trouble searching it up after getting home. lol

Definitely misheard the lyrics. And it's not a hip-hop song.

The year is ending on a good note. Sceptile in Pokken, Volcanion revealed, Cloud in Smash, and more Smash news on the way.

---

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What happened was that the leaks group got shut down. I believe originally it was just going to be shut down, but the mods-- mainly --- --- (if I'm not mistaken) figured a compromise where the leaks group (which had over 1,000 members) could populate the NintenZone thread. There was a lot of history in the leaks group; It's where we discussed a lot of the Smash for Wii U/ 3Ds leaks (vaanrose was a big player in that thread too), it's where I originally posted the 3DS and Wii U datamining information. So instead of outright being deleted it was archived.

I'm just warning you and the other people that we do talk about leaks a lot. Heck, we are discussing a CoroCoro leak right now. This isn't even the first leak we talked about this week. We discussed the Pokken leak before sites even reported it. Usually leaks end up being fake, but a lot of the regulars here enjoy reading these fake leaks/ discussing their validity. So if things get leaked we are going to discuss it here as if it does happen we won't know if it's true or not right away. Most of us here (myself included) even doubted shinyquaqsire's datamining leak when he first posted it.
That's dodging my two main points though.

A) There is nothing in the OP or otherwise telling people about this.

B) There are better mediums you can use that are better for discussing leaks that also don't compromise those who don't want to see a Smash leak. The Nintenzone is the kind of place one would come to avoid Smash leaks or the vitriol of the Smash community in general. It's counter intuitive to take over it's social like that and to just expect people to know about all of this.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

B) There are better mediums you can use that are better for discussing leaks that also don't compromise those who don't want to see a Smash leak. The Nintenzone is the kind of place one would come to avoid Smash leaks or the vitriol of the Smash community in general. It's counter intuitive to take over it's social like that and to just expect people to know about all of this.
The sad thing is, no matter where you go, a legitimate leak, like the Ryu Roy update, will make its way there. I'm planning on avoiding the internet in general early Tuesday morning.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Video Game Worlds are just colliding so much these days, I LOVE it.

I mean obviously SF x Tekken is already a thing, but this is CANON. Akuma literally ditches the tournament to go kill Hehachi. Maybe poor Ryu can catch a break and get closer to the power of nothingness for once. :V

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

To put it bluntly(since my history lesson didn't connect the dots for you...) and to answer both of your questions, you are the first person to ever complain about it.

Maybe some other people felt like you, but you are the first to ever say anything. I'll add it to the OP and discuss what to do with the other mods/ admins. Maybe we can make a "Leak free" social, or do a poll and just go with the majority.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
To put it bluntly(since my history lesson didn't connect the dots for you...) and to answer both of your questions, you are the first person to ever complain about it.

Maybe some other people felt like you, but you are the first to ever say anything. I'll add it to the OP and discuss what to do with the other mods/ admins. Maybe we can make a
"Leak free" social, or do a poll and just go with the majority.
i dont think its nessisary push seing as we "took over" for almost all of this year seems a bit late to complain about things "suddenly" changing

also i want to point out nintenzone Didn't have a social as far as i know seeing as we...ya know made the first one

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Maybe some other people felt like you, but you are the first to ever say anything. I'll add it to the OP and discuss what to do with the other mods/ admins. Maybe we can make a
"Leak free" social, or do a poll and just go with the majority.
There's no need to be cheeky, your history lesson was only dodging my point. It was frankly irrelevant to my point. Do recall that I mentioned earlier on that I was a member of the leaks group, technically. I know what it was.

Regardless of whether or not the leaks group has some history worth archiving, that doesn't explain the group having to inhabit a thread in a place where people go to avoid that kind of thing, since there was and still is a myriad of better alternatives. It's counter intuitive and frankly, a bit selfish, to subtlely make it some secret leaks group when at a glance, the thread title doesn't remotely suggest it and people would assume it's just a hang out spot for Nintendo fans in general.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There's no need to be cheeky, your history lesson was only dodging my point. It was frankly irrelevant to my point. Do recall that I mentioned earlier on that I was a member of the leaks group, technically. I know what it was.

Regardless of whether or not the leaks group has some history worth archiving, that doesn't explain the group having to inhabit a thread in a place where people go to avoid that kind of thing, since there was and still is a myriad of better alternatives. It's counter intuitive and frankly, a bit selfish, to subtlely make it some secret leaks group when at a glance, the thread title doesn't remotely suggest it and people would assume it's just a hang out spot for Nintendo fans in general.
Oh I wasn't dodging, and it was completely relevant to the point. The history behind this social's formation is exactly why it's never been an issue before, and why I don't think it's still an issue.

We had to inhabit the NintenZone because there was no other place to go. It was either go to the NintenZone, or dismantle completely. We lost some people in the move, but the majority of people came to this thread. As powerprotoman powerprotoman pointed out there wasn't even a social before the leaks group invaded the NintenZone. You do realize you are telling the majority of the people here to get lost when you are the newbie here. That's not a very smart thing to do, and quick frankly a bit selfish.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I missed seeing Akuma pop up in random fighting games.

It's strange for me seeing him wanting to do a favor for someone, even if the favor is killing someone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh I wasn't dodging, and it was completely relevant to the point. The history behind this social's formation is exactly why it's never been an issue before, and why I don't think it's still an issue.

We had to inhabit the NintenZone because there was no other place to go. It was either go to the NintenZone, or dismantle completely. We lost some people in the move, but the majority of people came to this thread. As powerprotoman powerprotoman pointed out there wasn't even a social before the leaks group invaded the NintenZone. You do realize you are telling the majority of the people here to get lost when you are the newbie here. That's not a very smart thing to do, and quick frankly a bit selfish.
I literally just gave you multiple other alternatives that would actually make more sense than a social in disguise in the Nintenzone. That excuse doesn't work.

I also never told anyone to get lost. Quit trying to vilify me. All I asked from the get go was that people spoiler any leak that seems even a little plausible based on the source and how it is leaked, and to do this until at least the Smash Direct (less than a week), and others voiced a desire for the same thing. That is an action that takes all of two seconds, so it's hardly a big thing to ask for. I didn't say anyone has to leave the thread entirely. Then when you said at one point that it would be too much and talked about how former leak group members reside here, I suggested alternatives for discussing leaks that would actually work better. Once again, never told anyone to outright leave and that's not what I want. Just the discussion topic of leaks be brought there. And now here we are, with you trying to paint me as some mean guy telling everyone to get out.

At the end of the day, in my time in this thread, the majority of the discussion here wasn't about leaks, and it's clear there are things people like to talk about besides them. However, it's not fair to assume everyone who might enjoy a conversation here, would want to have upcoming Smash broadcasts and content spoiled.

Hence, I made the simple request of people using the spoiler tag for it's intended purpose, according to forum rules. But apparently that's asking too much, hence I suggested better mediums for the leaks group.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I literally just gave you multiple other alternatives that would actually make more sense than a social in disguise in the Nintenzone. That excuse doesn't work.

I also never told anyone to get lost. Quit trying to vilify me. All I asked from the get go was that people spoiler any leak that seems even a little plausible based on the source and how it is leaked, and to do this until at least the Smash Direct (less than a week), and others voiced a desire for the same thing. That is an action that takes all of two seconds, so it's hardly a big thing to ask for. I didn't say anyone has to leave the thread entirely. Then when you said at one point that it would be too much and talked about how former leak group members reside here, I suggested alternatives for discussing leaks that would actually work better. Once again, never told anyone to outright leave and that's not what I want. Just the discussion topic of leaks be brought there. And now here we are, with you trying to paint me as some mean guy telling everyone to get out.

At the end of the day, in my time in this thread, the majority of the discussion here wasn't about leaks, and it's clear there are things people like to talk about besides them. However, it's not fair to assume everyone who might enjoy a conversation here, would want to have upcoming Smash broadcasts and content spoiled.

Hence, I made the simple request of people using the spoiler tag for it's intended purpose, according to forum rules. But apparently that's asking too much, hence I suggested better mediums for the leaks group.
and we do we use it for spoilers....leaks are rumors that may or may not come true and cant be defined as spoilers untill its confirmed at which point its too late

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
and we do we use it for spoilers....leaks are rumors that may or may not come true and cant be defined as spoilers untill its confirmed at which point its too late
Hence, anything you think is a leak should be put in spoilers. By definition, a leak is knowledge we shouldn't already have. So if you interpret something as a "leak", even if you're not 100% on it, you should spoiler it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hence, anything you think is a leak should be put in spoilers. By definition, a leak is knowledge we shouldn't already have. So if you interpret something as a "leak", even if you're not 100% on it, you should spoiler it.
but if the leak is fake its not a spoiler
trying to change how we operate is a exercise in futility need i remind
everyone of the multiple times the leaks group was shut down?
when it comes down too it the people who want to avoid leaks arnt here...if they are they could have spoken up by now but we are 2 and a half social threads in and you are quite litteraly the first person to have any problem with this

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

I don't know how many times I have to tell you, it's not an excuse. It's the reason it's never been an issue. You are literally the first person to throw a fuss about this.

You are telling the people who enjoy talking about leaks and rumors to use other alternatives. That is telling people they shouldn't talk about those topics here. If we are going to censor rumors and leaks for the next three days, then it needs to be a rule that we need to cement forever -- its the only fair solution. Why only the next three days? People can be just as excited about other stuff and the Smash broadcast shouldn't be the only thing that's "specially reserved", even if it's likely it's the last one.

So, if we are going to censor leaks and rumors then they all need to be censored. Because we can't tell if a leak or rumor is legit. Like I stated before, we even doubted the Ryu/Roy/Lucas datamining leak. So would the person be faulted for posting that, unspoilered? We didn't know it was true for the first day. The only fair thing to do is to censor every rumor/leak because that's a very subjective thing. Most people would have passed off Cloud as a fake rumor because no one would've believed them. Thus, according to your request, a potential leak could have been posted without the spoiler tags.

Also, it's not according to forum rules. You can read them here they don't say anything about using spoiler tags. Threads have different rules, so make sure you check the OP.

Lastly, it's always been a part of the OP. I just checked it and it says rumors and leaks are allowed (I just made it big and red for you). The discussion ends now. You may PM the mods/admins if you would like to discuss it further. So you have only yourself to blame for your ignorance when you joined this thread.

Last edited:

Lashurn

Smash Rookie
NNID
HexDarkWolf360
3DS FC
1075-1404-4255
I dunno about ya'll, but...

minecarft is on wiiu, steve confirmed, good night smashers and smashetts.

Now if i caused some people about to rush to the reply buttion, im actually, a figment of your imagination.

XDD In all seriousness though, we got 3 MORE DAYS TILL SAKURAI NUKES OUR MINDS
and i think that we may get Banjo&Kazooie, (i dont want them, but, microsoft and nintendo are kinda partners now, so...) and POSSIBLY wolf, and if not, then Shantae or Shovel Knight.
Who you guys think are coming, but more importantly, who do yall /WANT/ in ssb4?
(For me, its wolf, and shantae. If one of them gets in, you can expect a corpse on a office chair.)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Akuma confirmed for Tekken 7
lol what is Akuma doing in Tekken? I guess that explains his absence in SFV. XD

Seriously, that's totally random. Harada and Ono being buddies probably has something to do with this. lol

Then again, both SF and Tekken have crossed over multiple times. SFxT, Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone and Smash Bros. (with Ryu as a playable character and the Heihachi Mii costume).

Still, it seems like this is going to be canon to the story. Kinda makes sense as Tekken and SF happen in the same world (you know, Earth).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
lol what is Akuma doing in Tekken? I guess that explains his absence in SFV. XD

Seriously, that's totally random. Harada and Ono being buddies probably has something to do with this. lol

Then again, both SF and Tekken have crossed over multiple times. SFxT, Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone and Smash Bros. (with Ryu as a playable character and the Heihachi Mii costume).

Still, it seems like this is going to be canon to the story. Kinda makes sense as Tekken and SF happen in the same world (you know, Earth).
The girl (Sorry, I don't know Tekken) asks Akuma to kill Heihachi if she is unable to stop him.
Here's an interesting update on TCRF...
Dedede's Early Texture (Wii U, ported + modified from Brawl)

Dedede's Final Texture (Wii U)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Akuma in Tekken 7?

**** it, we need more fighting game crossovers. When's Guilty Gear X BlazBlue, ArcSys?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know how many times I have to tell you, it's not an excuse. It's the reason it's never been an issue. You are literally the first person to throw a fuss about this.

You are telling the people who enjoy talking about leaks and rumors to use other alternatives. That is telling people they shouldn't talk about those topics here. If we are going to censor rumors and leaks for the next three days, then it needs to be a rule that we need to cement forever -- its the only fair solution. Why only the next three days? People can be just as excited about other stuff and the Smash broadcast shouldn't be the only thing that's "specially reserved", even if it's likely it's the last one.

So, if we are going to censor leaks and rumors then they all need to be censored. Because we can't tell if a leak or rumor is legit. Like I stated before, we even doubted the Ryu/Roy/Lucas datamining leak. So would the person be faulted for posting that, unspoilered? We didn't know it was true for the first day. The only fair thing to do is to censor every rumor/leak because that's a very subjective thing. Most people would have passed off Cloud as a fake rumor because no one would've believed them. Thus, according to your request, a potential leak could have been posted without the spoiler tags.

Also, it's not according to forum rules. You can read them here they don't say anything about using spoiler tags. Threads have different rules, so make sure you check the OP.

Lastly, it's always been a part of the OP. I just checked it and it says rumors and leaks are allowed (I just made it big and red for you). The discussion ends now. You may PM the mods/admins if you would like to discuss it further. So you have only yourself to blame for your ignorance when you joined this thread.
I read through the entire OP beforehand and it definitely didn't mention anything about a leaks group or leaks in general.

And the spoiler tag is indeed there to prevent people from being spoiled stuff, and leaks count as that.

But whatever. No use in making simple requests to the Smashboards mod team if it isn't in line with their personal thoughts. That's just absurd. I guess I'll just avoid an otherwise fun thread just because mods want to "spoil" the fun.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
D
That's what they said about Gen 6.

Though at this point my guess would be Gen 7 in 2017 for NX. Which would be... quite the change for the series.
Difference is that there's quite a lot in this generation that we don't have access to. Three moves, one special alternate form, four Zygarde forms and Volcanion.

We're not done with Gen 6 yet. Not even close.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I read through the entire OP beforehand and it definitely didn't mention anything about a leaks group or leaks in general.

And the spoiler tag is indeed there to prevent people from being spoiled stuff, and leaks count as that.

But whatever. No use in making simple requests to the Smashboards mod team if it isn't in line with their personal thoughts. That's just absurd. I guess I'll just avoid an otherwise fun thread just because mods want to "spoil" the fun.

"Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member."

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

From this OP:

From NintenZone Social v.2

From NintenZone Social v. 1

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The girl (Sorry, I don't know Tekken) asks Akuma to kill Heihachi if she is unable to stop him.

Curious tha the Brawl version has shaing on the textures themselves. I wonder if that was just Brawl's art style or if it was a wee cheat to make the game's lighting look more detailed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think we'll be seeing any leaks this time around, but if the maintenance does contain the update, everything in that update will undoubtedly get completely leaked.

But that begins on Monday. I think it's safe to stay in this thread until Monday.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
D

Difference is that there's quite a lot in this generation that we don't have access to. Three moves, one special alternate form, four Zygarde forms and Volcanion.

We're not done with Gen 6 yet. Not even close.
I'm kind of curious to know your thoughts on the upcoming 20th Anniversary if we're still going to be in Gen 6 then.

Do you think we'll get anything out of the ordinary coming from Game Freak beyond the original games on the Virtual Console and re-releasing some previous Event Pokemon?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
this is what i like about push he doesn't get mad he posts cold hard facts

but now that that whole ordeal is setteled lets continue the tekken train with the fact apparently shoruken belives were getting more than just akuma
http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/12/ban...d-retribution-starring-street-fighters-akuma/
"This won’t be the end of the Street Fighter invasion, so look for more reveals in the future."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I've seen the video. :p

That's interesting.

Seems that they did use assets from Brawl for some characters.

Not all of them, though: the textures for Ganondorf are completely different between games. Brawl's are a slightly modified version of his textures from Twilight Princess (which corroborates a statement by Aonuma in regards to the Zelda development team providing assets and supervising the development of the Zelda characters in Brawl) whereas Smash 3DS/Wii U use a completely new set of textures.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, I've seen the video. :p

That's interesting.

Seem that they did use assets from Brawl for some characters.

Not all of them, though: the textures for Ganondorf are completely different between games. Brawl's are a slightly modified version of his textures from Twilight Princess (which corroborates with a statement by Aonuma in regards to the Zelda development team providing assets and supervising the development of the Zelda characters in Brawl) whereas Smash 3DS/Wii U use a completely new set of textures.
They probably started with just imports while they were getting the engine sorted out. Giving the art team some time to work on stuff/ giving the programmers things to work with at the same time makes sense from a developers perspective.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member."
I was referring to the time when I read it, not now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I was referring to the time when I read it, not now.
That part has not changed (and has been part of the OP since the very start, as my previous post has shown), so you must have misread it -- no biggie. Another mod can confirm that I didn't change anything related to that particular text if you think I just changed the OP.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They probably started with just imports while they were getting the engine sorted out. Giving the art team some time to work on stuff/ giving the programmers things to work with at the same time makes sense from a developers perspective.
As a Computer Science student, using assets from previous projects has proven to be really helpful to me from time to time.

Sometimes it's best to use material from previous works to shorten development time. And you see this in professional development, Smash Bros. being one such example.

In fact, in some pre-release footage of Smash 3DS/Wii U, you can see Brawl artwork for the damage display of some characters. It was, of course, replaced by the new renders eventually for the final version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom