• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Radical Beam's role is out of focus (they told you you'd be important but you're not)

My last anime line are "it stopped raining".

I'm B- tier.

I like this game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OMG I GOT AN XBOX ONE.

NO NEW 3DS
NO PS4

BUT AN XBOX ONE

Ironic isn't it :p

Chrono.

So I took everyone who did the Tier List one and gathered data from the Pokemon Stat quiz, the What Game are you From quiz, the weaponry quiz, Class Quiz, and other such combat quizzes and gave you guys playstyles. :p If it says "Fighting data insufficient" it means that you did the Tier List one but not any other combat generators.

Spikeez – An Assassin character who has electrical powers and grapples using suction cups.

N3ON – Whip user with powerful specials using the powers of darkness and dragons.

Zoroarking – A knight with a Great Sword with poor defense that can be improved over time. Has elemental poison, earth, and ice powers in the great sword.

XenoKing – Fighting data insufficient.

Opossum – Crossbow user who summons opossums he’s raised to aid in battle. Voice powers. Crossbow breaks shields easily.

Substitution – Defensive character with a small sword. Low attack power, but a wall of a character.

SonicBrawler (Aaron Stance) – The Mr. Hyde of the stance change. Powerful in most regards, but not as speedy.

Swampasaur – A brutal fist-fighting Brawler.

Crimson72 – A fiery spectral fighter from a survival horror game. Has a Zen Mode power up.

Akxareth – A red mage with access to both magic and an enchanted rapier.

Irene – Fighting data insufficient.

Bedoop – A fighter that fights with a spear, allowing for pokes.

FalKoopa – Gauntlet-powered martial artist from a simulation game. Has power over water and sand.

SonicBrawler (Main Stance) – The Dr. Jekyll of the character’s stances. Meant to be an adventurer and more law-abiding than his Aaron counterpart.

Teh Epic Anna – Nerfed. Uses a spellbook and staff inherited from dragons. Has fire and water powers.

PsychoIncarnate – Fighting data insufficient.

Oni33 – Fighting data insufficient.

Champ Black – A Kunai fighter with ferrokinesis.

That was actually pretty fun. :p
So basically I'm this gal.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm getting a PS4, but I need to wait until Christmas to get it. More than likely getting Fallout 4 with it.

Goodbye everyone, it's been a good run.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I took everyone who did the Tier List one and gathered data from the Pokemon Stat quiz, the What Game are you From quiz, the weaponry quiz, Class Quiz, and other such combat quizzes and gave you guys playstyles. :p If it says "Fighting data insufficient" it means that you did the Tier List one but not any other combat generators.

Spikeez – An Assassin character who has electrical powers and grapples using suction cups.

N3ON – Whip user with powerful specials using the powers of darkness and dragons.

Zoroarking – A knight with a Great Sword with poor defense that can be improved over time. Has elemental poison, earth, and ice powers in the great sword.

XenoKing – Fighting data insufficient.

Opossum – Crossbow user who summons opossums he’s raised to aid in battle. Voice powers. Crossbow breaks shields easily.

Substitution – Defensive character with a small sword. Low attack power, but a wall of a character.

SonicBrawler (Aaron Stance) – The Mr. Hyde of the stance change. Powerful in most regards, but not as speedy.

Swampasaur – A brutal fist-fighting Brawler.

Crimson72 – A fiery spectral fighter from a survival horror game. Has a Zen Mode power up.

Akxareth – A red mage with access to both magic and an enchanted rapier.

Irene – Fighting data insufficient.

Bedoop – A fighter that fights with a spear, allowing for pokes.

FalKoopa – Gauntlet-powered martial artist from a simulation game. Has power over water and sand.

SonicBrawler (Main Stance) – The Dr. Jekyll of the character’s stances. Meant to be an adventurer and more law-abiding than his Aaron counterpart.

Teh Epic Anna – Nerfed. Uses a spellbook and staff inherited from dragons. Has fire and water powers.

PsychoIncarnate – Fighting data insufficient.

Oni33 – Fighting data insufficient.

Champ Black – A Kunai fighter with ferrokinesis.

That was actually pretty fun. :p
The Sonicbrawler version is the law abiding one?

That's ironic considering the assortment of infractions and little arguments with mods. :V

D

Deleted member

According to the tier generator, these are the tiers for Smash's third party lineup:

Solid Snake - S
Sonic the Hedgehog - A+
Mega Man - D
Pac-Man - C
Ryu - C
Cloud Strife - D

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

What the bloody hell have you people been doing all day? .-.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Did anyone realize that cloud might be a lightweight in smash.I mean he does float like mewtwo and rosalina and I think there's both lightweight

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did anyone realize that cloud might be a lightweight in smash.I mean he does float like mewtwo and rosalina and I think there's both lightweight
He doesn't float, he just does an anime dash thing, and only in his dash animation too. Mewtwo and Rosalina float pretty much all of the time.

Mewtwo and Rosalina aren't light because they float. In Rosalina's case, Sakurai said in a Miiverse post she's casting anti-gravity magic on herself to make herself lighter, since she's normally really heavy in other games (which probably would have made her OP in Smash). I would assume there is a similar thing going on with Mewtwo.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I made this in preparation of Cloud's website update.
clear.png

Doesn't really look too bad. The funny part was that this was made in MS Paint. It certainly tells how easy it is to make a website leak.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know what I find interesting?
That even though all the base game newcomers (besides Dark Pit) have Newcomer banners on their Character page, Ryu who is Downloadable doesn't have one at all.
Comparison
upload_2015-11-26_20-46-4.png

upload_2015-11-26_20-46-31.png
Just kind of a weird oddity I found.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Right as the sales were about to start they are having me take lunch.

And they said I could take an hour lunch as well...

I dunno if that's a miracle or something bad about my performance

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's actually just the Dash animation from the Dissidia games. His jump is from there too.

If anything, he's going to be like Ike and be a high launcher with average defense. That was literally his perk in Dissidia, he was able to send foes flying into walls to deal extra damage, and space himself out.

Can't know for sure till we play him though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Terra was the character I looked the most forward to in dissidia and the ff rep I would want the most

Too bad the better ff is not the more popular

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Terra was the character I looked the most forward to in dissidia and the ff rep I would want the most

Too bad the better ff is not the more popular
Aye. Again, it all comes down to historical significance. 6 is easliy my favorite, but it didn't exactly do anything to revolutionize the industry.
Dissidia Kefka is literally the best thing ever.

"Mistake tight-lipped for being cool?" -Him to Cloud before they fight.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching some Cloud reaction videos and can't help but get hyped by them. Hopefully, seeing how fans react to their favorite characters getting in will help me avoid being disappointed if nobody on my wishlist makes it as DLC.

Also, Best Buy is having a sale on eshop cards if anybody's interested.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel left out I never played ff7 so I have no nostalgia hype for Cloud

Ff 9 was the first PS ff I played

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I kind of feel left out I never played ff7 so I have no nostalgia hype for Cloud

Aaaand 9 would be my second favorite.

Hey, you may have missed the 7 nostalgia but at least you have good taste. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been watching some Cloud reaction videos and can't help but get hyped by them. Hopefully, seeing how fans react to their favorite characters getting in will help me avoid being disappointed if nobody on my wishlist makes it as DLC.

Also, Best Buy is having a sale on eshop cards if anybody's interested.
And Daddy Sakurai is loving the reactions too.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/669135806397726721

------

FFIX and FFXIII (and it's sequels) are my favourite FF games.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

I've actually never even played a Final Fantasy game, so I have even less of a reason to be hyped. The closest thing to one I've played is Bravely Default.

But I guess I can sort of appreciate how cool it would be for someone with fond memories of FF7 to see Cloud in Smash. While I didn't make a crazy reaction video at the time, I know I was super happy when Olimar made it into Brawl.

Seeing that tweet is actually what made me want to watch the reaction videos, haha. I hope seeing reactions like that make Sakurai and co. feel like all of their hard work has been worth it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-26_21-21-45.png

Old Me is 2 Tiers higher than New Me. B+ ---> B-
Huh. I got nerfed. :4pacman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

No but really it's your opinion and you're free to have it. It got sequels for a reason I guess. :V
TBH I've never even seen a legitimately good reason as to why FFXIII someone would hate FFXIII.

No, linearity is not a good reason, because that's what every non-MMO FF game besides XII is like. Linear for the first 20 or so hours and then opens up after that when most of the plot is done.

It's just a matter of taste I guess. I don't really hate any FF game or even dislike any that I've played, besides, well, FFVII. Though maybe my impression would be different if I played today or maybe I'll like the remake more.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Skull Kid can summon the puppets from Twilight Princess in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

And kick the moon like a soccer ball. What is this, Inazuma Eleven?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alpharad's Cloud reaction is my favorite one.

"Is this a legal stage?...Nope, Nevermind."

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
TBH I've never even seen a legitimately good reason as to why FFXIII someone would hate FFXIII.

No, linearity is not a good reason, because that's what every non-MMO FF game besides XII is like. Linear for the first 20 or so hours and then opens up after that when most of the plot is done.

It's just a matter of taste I guess. I don't really hate any FF game or even dislike any that I've played, besides, well, FFVII. Though maybe my impression would be different if I played today or maybe I'll like the remake more.
I detest the characters and story, 20 hours in is FAR too long ( I even feel 7 took too long to get there and that was only about 3 or 4 hours), I hate the characters, the combat is honestly meh and some bosses drag on way too long and are stupidly scripted, and did I mention I REALLY hate the characters? Because I really, really do.
I have issues with Cloud's character but at least his party members are great. I cannot give that praise to 13's cast.

It all comes down to taste. So I can understand why people would prefer 13 and it's style, but I have played every single 13 game and I only barely managed to enjoy Lightning Returns with its combat and costumes. That's literally it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom