• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FFXIII-2 did actually have about half of it's super bosses as DLC, so yeah, I was sort of thinking of that when making my comment.

Basically DLC replaces the need for a Final Mix release if they want to add new content to the game after release.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So exposing a bit of leg in Smash is not OK but exposing full legs in Mario & Sonic is fine?

Nintendo's censorship patterns continue to confuse the hell out of me.
That actually has a lot more to do with CERO then Nintendo. Sakurai blatantly said that he had the hardest time working with them on Bayonetta since they didn't allow a lot of things in for the character, and considering his comments on Palutena, the same probably holds true for Corrin.

Another thing to consider is that Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are designed with Gymnastic outfits in mind (which do show that amount of skin) rather then an random rear window in the armor like with Corrin, which may have something to do with the difference in treatment as well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
KH3 on NX would be my favorite thing.

I would be actually able to play the game. :p

Plus imagine all the new Sora support for Smash :)
I mean there actually was quite a large following for him as it was.

I think he legitimately is a contender for "a character that actually had more votes than Bayonetta but wasn't realisable because Disney is like an over-protective lover".

That actually has a lot more to do with CERO then Nintendo. Sakurai blatantly said that he had the hardest time working with them on Bayonetta since they didn't allow a lot of things in for the character, and considering his comments on Palutena, the same probably holds true for Corrin.

Another thing to consider is that Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are designed with Gymnastic outfits in mind (which do show that amount of skin) rather then an random rear window in the armor like with Corrin, which may have something to do with the difference in treatment as well.
I know that. I was sort of joking.

It would be more correct to say that both CERO and Nintendo confuse me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Apparently the FE Fates development team was divided on the whole face-rubbing thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3wu9x3/on_facerubbing_in_fates_interview_from_the/

Some wanted it to be even more explicit than it is in the final game whereas some testers found it disgusting and Nintendo themselves had to draw a line at some point.
It was supposed to be even more explicit.
:c

Did they want this game to feel like an H-Game for God sakes. Atleast Nintendo told them to calm down and draw a line. The fan service is fine and risqué design are cool as long as they come with a decent look and character but that's just wrong.

Intelligent Systems must be stopped

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Isn't this like, 3 weeks old news?
Well, I only found this just now.

Just goes to show that even on the development team of a game, not everyone is on the same page.

Remember how Sakurai felt that there were too many FE characters in Smash Bros., but went with Corrin anyway? Same thing here.

The FE Fates team did have to reach a consensus in regards to the face-rubbing feature. Goes to show how you can't attribute decisions done to the direction of a game to a single person.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Did they want this game to feel like an H-Game for God sakes. Atleast Nintendo told them to calm down and draw a line. The fan service is fine and risqué design are cool as long as they come with a decent look and character but that's just wrong.

H games means that they intended to use erogenous zones as specific pleasant regions for rubbing.

Devil's Advocate is simply that they wanted to have the player have a more natural ability than just being limited to the face, as they moreso cite things like rubbing the stomach.

The amount of "H" it becomes is dependant on two things.
A) If they acknowledge the player touching "sensitive areas," especially positively.
B) THE PEOPLE WHO SPECIFICALLY TRY TO DO SO FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Here's the thing: the divide was WITHIN Intelligent Systems, which was the development studio of the game. Intelligent Systems is owned by Nintendo, who also publishes the game, so they take on a supervising role and can veto decisions done by the developers. Nintendo, being the ones responsible for marketing and sales, are the ones who will take the brunt of criticism in case anything controversial happens.

If you read the article, you'll notice that the director, Maeda, was the one who came up with the idea, whereas Higuchi, the producer, was showing more restraint in regards to it.

Maeda and Higuchi have been part of the FE team since Binding Blade (:4feroy:) and Genealogy of the Holy War, respectively.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
H games means that they intended to use erogenous zones as specific pleasant regions for rubbing.

Devil's Advocate is simply that they wanted to have the player have a more natural ability than just being limited to the face, as they moreso cite things like rubbing the stomach.

The amount of "H" it becomes is dependant on two things.
A) If they acknowledge the player touching "sensitive areas," especially positively.
B) THE PEOPLE WHO SPECIFICALLY TRY TO DO SO FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE.
Wouldn't Pokémon-Amie count as a H-game by that definition?

I know I've heard stories of like, Gardevoir reacting especially positively to being rubbed on the chest and what not.

It might be because she has her exposed heart there but still, I can't believe they got away with that. Or half of Gardevoir's concepts in general.

Last edited:

Chrono.

You guys remember amiibo defects? Well here's a new one

Apparently someone bought off a Flea Market

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Seems more like a fake than a defect according to the r/amiibo post but yeah I saw that the other day and it's funny.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Apparently the FE Fates development team was divided on the whole face-rubbing thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3wu9x3/on_facerubbing_in_fates_interview_from_the/

Some wanted it to be even more explicit than it is in the final game whereas some testers found it disgusting and Nintendo themselves had to draw a line at some point.
Thank Ashera that Team A won that debate, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed and I don't know what Team B was thinking when they wanted to take that feature further then it needed to be.

Also, on the note of Higuchi, I consider it funny how he said "don't do anything weird!" when he left them with the technology, because holy crap did they do something weird with it.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thank Ashera that Team A won that debate, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed and I don't know what Team B was thinking when they wanted to take that feature further then it needed to be.

Also, on the note of Higuchi, I consider it funny how he said "don't do anything weird!" when he left them with the technology, because holy crap did they do something weird with it.
Team B likely had more otaku among them. lol

But then again, Nintendo is also little bit at fault to since it was one of the people at Nintendo that suggested the use of technology in the first place...

Granted, it could be used in many different ways but, of all things, they had to decide to use on a feature more at home in a H-game rather than an SRPG...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, some of you might be aware that I am helping the speedrunning community of the Paper Mario game by glitch hunting them (mainly spm lately, but did a lot on TTYD).

Well @PushDustIn had the idea of doing an interview with me on source gaming......and here it is :)

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/07/glitch_hunter/

This interview is really meant to not be technical, but informative about what is exactly glitch hunting. I do get asked some time when I talk about tests and some are like "how do you find glitches?" or "what are you looking for when you do this?" because just hearing the concept of .....hunting for glitches does sound weird at first, but it;s not really this complicated.

So I recommend if you are interested in speedrunning or you are watching agdq and you just think about "how the heck were these glitches found?" then I recommend to read the interview :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How you know that Yoshi Amiibo is fake is how it has hands.

The real Yarn Yoshis and the in-game Yarn Yoshis don't have hands.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Not gonna lie.
I'd pay money for this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wouldn't Pokémon-Amie count as a H-game by that definition?

I know I've heard stories of like, Gardevoir reacting especially positively to being rubbed on the chest and what not.

It might be because she has her exposed heart there but still, I can't believe they got away with that. Or half of Gardevoir's concepts in general.
It's an H game for people who want to get off to Pokemon, by that definition.
I don't recall any kind of outcry over any real bit for Pokemon Amie being a molestation simulator or something wild like that; just that some people doing parodies of the function to treat is as such.
Which is an evil that would come anyways as soon as the technology behind Live2D happened.
It's a sad but natural truth that there are people who will twist anything they wish into a means of fantasy.
It's a matter, then, for companies to balance how "openly" that door is opened by products and how much things are done for an integral reason.

There's a line between "We allow kinship through touch and group bathing as that's kinda a thing of Japanese culture & history" which is the general way Fates was going with its "sexualization" to "Make character designs more erotic to promote cosplay and figurine sells. We'll justify it by saying that she breathes through her exposed skin because SCIENCE," aka the reasoning behind Quiet in MGS:V.

Edit: TL;DR - There are things that are done for sexuality. There are things that can be twisted into far lewder situations than they are at a cursory glance.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, some of you might be aware that I am helping the speedrunning community of the Paper Mario game by glitch hunting them (mainly spm lately, but did a lot on TTYD).

Well @PushDustIn had the idea of doing an interview with me on source gaming......and here it is :)

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/07/glitch_hunter/

This interview is really meant to not be technical, but informative about what is exactly glitch hunting. I do get asked some time when I talk about tests and some are like "how do you find glitches?" or "what are you looking for when you do this?" because just hearing the concept of .....hunting for glitches does sound weird at first, but it;s not really this complicated.

So I recommend if you are interested in speedrunning or you are watching agdq and you just think about "how the heck were these glitches found?" then I recommend to read the interview :)
I can vouch for "knowing the game mechanics" as a thing you need for glitch hunting, as well as playing around with games a lot.

While I'm nowhere near as dedicated as you are, I occasionally do a bit of glitch hunting myself, resulting in me finding new glitches for myself personally (usually ones that aren't well known), or new ones entirely. One of my oldest and most popular YouTube videos is of a glitch I discovered in a game that nobody else had discovered.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So yeah, still having fillings. Going in a few minutes. Hope I make it.

Corrin is my new role model.
He ignores important life decisions to play Smash Bros.
Aw man, I was about to reference that tweet.

I can vouch for "knowing the game mechanics" as a thing you need for glitch hunting, as well as playing around with games a lot.

While I'm nowhere near as dedicated as you are, I occasionally do a bit of glitch hunting myself, resulting in me finding new glitches for myself personally (usually ones that aren't well known), or new ones entirely. One of my oldest and most popular YouTube videos is of a glitch I discovered in a game that nobody else had discovered.
I found the "rolling glitch" in Wario Land 3 a few days ago, but it was in the Cave of Flames, and not in any other places mentioned with the glitch. I was butt-stomping one of the tadpoles that jump out of fire, and the one behind me apparently bumped into me on the same frame.

I also discovered a bunch of glitches in Nicktoons Racing for PC back when I was around 8-9 that nobody else seems to know about. I wish I could record footage of doing them.

There's a line between "We allow kinship through rubbing and group bathing as that's kinda a thing of Japanese culture & history" which is the general way Fates was going with its "sexualization" to "Make character designs more erotic to promote cosplay and figurine sells. We'll justify it by saying that she breathes through her exposed skin because SCIENCE
PARASITES, SON.

---

Burruni

Smash Hero
So yeah, still having fillings. Going in a few minutes. Hope I make it.

Aw man, I was about to reference that tweet.

I found the "rolling glitch" in Wario Land 3 a few days ago, but it was in the Cave of Flames, and not in any other places mentioned with the glitch. I was butt-stomping one of the tadpoles that jump out of fire, and the one behind me apparently bumped into me on the same frame.

I also discovered a bunch of glitches in Nicktoons Racing for PC back when I was around 8-9 that nobody else seems to know about. I wish I could record footage of doing them.

PARASITES, SON.

---
The in-world justification for Quiet's attire is still that she was tortured and then genetically experimented on by effectively removing her lungs and making her part plant so she has to be incredibly exposed or else she will die from lack of oxygen.

And Kojima specifically said to have sexier character design to promote cosplay and to sell product.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The in-world justification for Quiet's attire is still that she was tortured and then genetically experimented on by effectively removing her lungs and making her part plant so she has to be incredibly exposed or else she will die from lack of oxygen.

And Kojima specifically said to have sexier character design to promote cosplay and to sell product.
Yet Quiet can wear a soldier uniform...With no consequences in the gameplay...

Chrono.

Considering how risque the dialogue in Fates' skinship could get

I'm pretty sure they did want it to have an H-game feel to it.

And to that I say: Go make a Vita game

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's an H game for people who want to get off to Pokemon, by that definition.
I don't recall any kind of outcry over any real bit for Pokemon Amie being a molestation simulator or something wild like that; just that some people doing parodies of the function to treat is as such.
Which is an evil that would come anyways as soon as the technology behind Live2D happened.
It's a sad but natural truth that there are people who will twist anything they wish into a means of fantasy.
It's a matter, then, for companies to balance how "openly" that door is opened by products and how much things are done for an integral reason.

There's a line between "We allow kinship through touch and group bathing as that's kinda a thing of Japanese culture & history" which is the general way Fates was going with its "sexualization" to "Make character designs more erotic to promote cosplay and figurine sells. We'll justify it by saying that she breathes through her exposed skin because SCIENCE," aka the reasoning behind Quiet in MGS:V.

Edit: TL;DR - There are things that are done for sexuality. There are things that can be twisted into far lewder situations than they are at a cursory glance.
. . .I'm pretty sure anything that breathes through it's skin is slapping science in the face more than supporting it if used for fanservice because Non-Mammilian Mammaries alone is one of the dumbest, most unscientific tropes out there even without all the other complications, so whoever used that excuse for a design is either lying, insane, or has a very skewed view on science as a whole in the first place.

Of course, I have no idea what this MGSV character even looks like and have had a headache for three days straight, but. . .gosh I hate how uninspired that trope is.

*EDIT* Oh THAT's the story. . .yeah that excuses the one trope but it's still stupid.

LEGO Genetics trope, then?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You know, your blind hatred of the Vita is kinda upsetting me.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

What if they actually want their game to sell though?
:p

Burruni

Smash Hero
. . .I'm pretty sure anything that breathes through it's skin is slapping science in the face more than supporting it if used for fanservice because Non-Mammilian Mammaries alone is one of the dumbest, most unscientific tropes out there even without all the other complications, so whoever used that excuse for a design is either lying, insane, or has a very skewed view on science as a whole in the first place.

Of course, I have no idea what this MGSV character even looks like and have had a headache for three days straight, but. . .gosh I hate how uninspired that trope is.

Quiet.
Who, in one part, has a scene of her in a shower in even less than this with a small crowd of males watching.

And, as Ryugie/Anna just stated.

This is an unlockable outfit for her. With absolutely no issue with her wearing a normal amount of clothing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, your blind hatred of the Vita is kinda upsetting me.
On one hand, the Vita should rest in piece
On the other, Sony should NEVER stop getting flak for trying to compete with Nintendo's handhelds like that. I remember some Sony guy mentioning competition and saying 'Whatever Nintendo has'. That 'whatever' has been curbstomping the Vita day 1 you dip****

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Quiet.
Who, in one part, has a scene of her in a shower in even less than this with a small crowd of males watching.

And, as Ryugie/Anna just stated.

This is an unlockable outfit for her. With absolutely no issue with her wearing a normal amount of clothing.
You know...Her unlockable outfit looks much more appealing, attractive and pretty great. I love that one so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom