• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
You know this might be a sign that Banjo & Kazooie were considered but were cut from the process because of a bad deal.

Or Nintendo and Konami
Or Shovel Knight, or Shantae...

Though it could just as easily mean that the character(s) are still coming, just not finished yet.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This has been one of the strangest nights for Smash. But since we are getting closer to the end of Smash speculation it's fitting in a way.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
"We were going to add more 3rd party characters, but it ended up not working out, so thanks to all that time we wasted there will be no more characters. Please enjoy Cloud."

Shroob

Sup?
Makes me wonder if buying Cloud+Midgar will get you these 2 hats.

It seems absolutely insane that they'd sell 2 Mii Hats on their own and not in their usual bundle.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Lemme just level with people; that twitter has a lot of troll posts in it and as far as I know no other dataminer has come forward with that information, so I remain highly skeptical, unless they're noteworthy/respected.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, if there was a deal for third party characters that didn't work out then I should have betted that Cloud would be the only third party fighter.

There would have been some Dan Hibiki avatars roaming around

But nothing has been confirmed yet so just hang tight folks. For now, enjoy this song about a gay priest resetting the world and making 5 parts of your life meaningless

This for you Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But nothing has been confirmed yet so just hang tight folks. For now, enjoy this song about a gay priest resetting the world and making 5 parts of your life meaningless

This for you Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman
Can we get married and have the gay butt sex already? I mean you have extended my people's hand at marriage, which is a great 80's rock song.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Seriously though, do we have any proof at all that this guy isn't bull****ting us? None of the other dataminers seem to have mentioned it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only two songs...

I swear they stopped caring about music after Dreamland.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can we get married and have the gay butt sex already? I mean you have extended my people's hand at marriage, which is a great 80's rock song.
I don't swing that way but thank you.

I just like Queen. But I love We Will Rock You more

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Do you guys really think they'll release more after the direct to complete this patch or something?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, all these incomplete files kinda fuels me and my save file theory. It'd make sense for a lot of these to be incomplete (the two character stems, Geno's hat untextured and without the body suit), because they transfered them somewhere else.

But just a theory... a GAAAAAAAAME. That's what Smash is. A game.

Shroob

Sup?
Do you guys really think they'll release more after the direct to complete this patch or something?
Personally, I don't 'think' more is coming tomorrow per se, but I definitely believe we'll see more in the Direct itself that will come at a later date.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Leak.
Leak everywhere.
Come on time, can't you go just like a little more fast than usual? Please?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is interesting:

Disagreement in licensing? Sounds like it could be related to a third party.
*starts to get this feeling one of them may had to do with Layton and the whole voice line shenanigans.....*

I feel sad.....

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Part of me wants to relive the explosion of Roy, Ryu, and Lucas all releasing at the same time...so I hope we get at least one surprise character tomorrow too, but I won't be disappointed if we don't, because cloud looks cool.

Shroob

Sup?
To expand my idea further, I believe we'll see the end-game of Smash tomorrow in the Direct, but it won't be available until a later date. Cloud is what's 'done' now, so we'll get him now.

StormC

Smash Hero
If this is all we're getting tomorrow to play, I'm glad we're finding out now before having high hopes during the Direct.

I'll probably buy the Geno costume. Big fan of SMRPG.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny how many people abandoned thread, when basically all we found was what we already knew + one hat.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly don't see any reason to believe Xenoblade X Life at the moment, the rest of the dataminers either have previous credentials (ex. Nikki) or just gave us the proof, the only thing we have with him is his word. Unless he decides to back it up, I'm going to remain skeptical on him.

As for the rest, it's pretty interesting. Geno getting a costume is pretty surprising, but definitely a nod to his popularity and it makes sense for him to get that. Unfortunately though, it seems to reaffirm what some of us thought about Mii Costumes and show that they're more "consolation prizes" then anything else, which likely means no Inklings or K. Rool this time around. Midgar getting the Suzaku treatment on the other hand is not surprising, but very disappointing considering how much music FF has that could've been used for that stage. Kalos is an oddball in all of this those since it's the only non-SE related change that was found in the update, so I'm curious what the deal is with that.

All I can think of is this.

So close to doing it right...
As someone who's studying in Archaeology, that made me laugh and cringe.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly don't see any reason to believe Xenoblade X Life at the moment, the rest of the dataminers either have previous credentials (ex. Nikki) or just gave us the proof, the only thing we have with him is his word. Unless he decides to back it up, I'm going to remain skeptical on him.

As for the rest, it's pretty interesting. Geno getting a costume is pretty surprising, but definitely a nod to his popularity and it makes sense for him to get that. Unfortunately though, it seems to reaffirm what some of us thought about Mii Costumes and show that they're more "consolation prizes" then anything else, which likely means no Inklings or K. Rool this time around. Midgar getting the Suzaku treatment on the other hand is not surprising, but very disappointing considering how much music FF has that could've been used for that stage. Kalos is an oddball in all of this those since it's the only non-SE related change that was found in the update, so I'm curious what the deal is with that.

As someone who's studying in Archaeology, that made me laugh and cringe.
From what I've heard, it's a change for 8-player Smash. That's all I've seen from the dataminers.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
inb4 they only uploaded the Sqaure enix content and theres more we dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom