• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So only Cloud, Midgar and a Pokemon Stage tomorrow?

Well, I'm a tad disappointed but at least this is a good sign that lots of stuff is coming in the future.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm done.
I think I'll sleep and maybe avoid internet "tomorrow"... And I'm sad because we got nothing to rage or believe today.
Thanks for all the leak discussion since the old group. It's a shame we could not remember that gold days with a lot of info with the datamine.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I'm glad no traces of any new characters were datamined. Now everyone can experience the surprise without being spoiled tomorrow.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
To be fair, we're not really the leaks thread anymore. We have people from all across, and some don't care for leaks.
It happens.
I realize that. I was just commenting. It's funny though, because I remember everyone saying "But we're the leaks thread, and now it's just going to turn into a normal social" and the mods said "No it won't!" Not their fault, of course. But I do miss being the leaks thread, it was pretty much the only thread (and now this one is) I posted in!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not really. It still leaked.

It just so happens we pretty much know what we're getting already.
More in that they didn't put new characters in the data, or kept it hidden.

Also, can anyone give me a link to the Sourcecast tomorrow? I wanna get in on it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If there really is still matinance, we may not be out of the ballpark yet.

Either way I'm content knowing we're at least getting Cloud.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
can't wait for a 5 minute presentation

1 minute is just cloud

the rest is sakurai drinking a cup of tears

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I realize that. I was just commenting. It's funny though, because I remember everyone saying "But we're the leaks thread, and now it's just going to turn into a normal social" and the mods said "No it won't!" Not their fault, of course. But I do miss being the leaks thread, it was pretty much the only thread (and now this one is) I posted in!
Leaks thread not being a social thread? Really?
I remember only half of our discussions being on leaks with everything else as random nonsense.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, didn't Mario Maker start hiding stuff in the save file?

Is there any way Smash may be capible of doing that?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm done.
I think I'll sleep and maybe avoid internet "tomorrow"... And I'm sad because we got nothing to rage or believe today.
Thanks for all the leak discussion since the old group. It's a shame we could not remember that gold days with a lot of info with the datamine.
:shaker:y because Sakurai learned his lesson from the Royu update?

Ok then.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The scariest thing?

If Cloud is the only character mentioned tomorrow, and he does not confirm that this is the end of DLC, people will be speculating on those 2 placeholder spots.....forever.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The scariest thing?

If Cloud is the only character mentioned tomorrow, and he does not confirm that this is the end of DLC, people will be speculating on those 2 placeholder spots.....forever.
God I hope they either remove or fill them

Because I don't want a repeat of the forbidden 7.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
And now some folks on Gamefaqs are saying Kalos isn't new, because the DLC stages have "_f" at the end of the folders. Apparently, it's just Kalos Pokemon League.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know who the final characters are guys

I wont tell you guys until tomorrow some where around 3pm PT

Believe me guys ill definatly tell you all the characters by that time
Then say it now.

If you have the ability to say you know the final characters then you should have the ability to say what they are right now.You are already putting whoever your source is in jeopardy.

Why bring it up? And at such a weird time as well. Right when the direct starts I think. When everyone is actually watching it and not paying attention at all to your leak. I don't see the point.

Also, no offense why should we believe you anyway? Even if you get the characters right, could be just a lucky guess. It's going to take a lot more than characters to accept a text leak as a leak. Like an unpredictable stage or new mode.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so recap for those who are behind:

• Cloud is in the patch, Almost 100% guarenteed for tomorrow
  • Possibly a stage titled 'Kalos', may be port of 3ds stage? EDIT: It's just an update to the Kalos Leauge Stage, oddly enough.
  • Nothing else of major significance was found
  • They MAY be hiding something in the save file like with Mario Maker, and if they are it may be a dead end.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Leaks thread not being a social thread? Really?
I remember only half of our discussions being on leaks with everything else as random nonsense.
Hey, if I wanna have selective memory, that's my business, not yours, buddy! :(

Kidding, of course. :) I'm mostly just joking/ thinking about how it's changed. It's changed in good ways too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then say it now.

If you have the ability to say you know the final characters then you should have the ability to say what they are right now.You are already putting whoever your source is in jeopardy.

Why bring it up? And at such a weird time as well. Right when the direct starts I think. When everyone is actually watching it and not paying attention at all to your leak. I don't see the point.

Also, no offense why should we believe you anyway? Even if you get the characters right, could be just a lucky guess. It's going to take a lot more than characters to accept a text leak as a leak. Like an unpredictable stage or new mode.
Pretty sure they were joking....

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know what's weird? No one's mentioned the Chocobo outfit, or any other new Mii outfits. There may be more after all?
Choccobo costume shows up in Cloud's victory video... So who knows? Odd they didn't mention it.

At the moment i've seen a lot of panic

a lot of running around

and so far all we have to show for it is a victory vid and a file that doesn't seem to have a major purpose. All this craziness for nothing :p

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Seems like Nintendo has just done a better job of covering stuff up.

Good job on them.

In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if they made sre that the Cloud victory video was in that specific patch, so they could test if what they did worked.

I'm expecting more to come during tomorrow's presentation.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Welp that's settled.

GG everyone, go to bed, and wait for Sakurai Claus to bestow his gifts.

Soul.

So is it just Kalos Pokémon League coming to 3DS?

The stage is already on Wii U; either they ported it to 3DS or left it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom