• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Text leaks are futile at this point in the game. Even if it's true it won't prove anything definitively that waiting a day wouldn't otherwise accomplish.

I understand why they exist... if they're valid people do it for glory and if not people do it for fun, but others getting invested in one of them at this time... is just senseless.

Props to the guy using ballot 'choice' instead of 'winner'.
They're both correct, one just has a connotation people can't seem to shake.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm hyped for this presentation! I have 0 expectations, so I'll be happy no matter what the outcome is. I'm already happy with the game. I didn't go in having any unrealistic expectations.

The only time I was was when people kept leaking fake K Rool stuff. He is literally the only character that I really wanted and am bummed we aren't getting. But when people explained why he's not really viable due to history, I agreed with them and moved on.

The game is so awesome and fun, and I feel like we're so lucky in the DLC we're getting and have already received in the past.:)

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
That guy's "buddy" is most likely Jirard, as Jirard has confirmed he will be on Nintendo Minute when the Smash Broadcast is happening. Although since he publicly announced he'd be there hanging with Krysta again, it'd be easy enough for anyone to claim they knew someone who was going, because people are aware he's going.

The vagueness and stuff does seem like Jirard though honestly, he said it was so hard to not tell anyone about Cloud until after the announcement but he made sure to not let anything slip. Although again, this could be someone just pretending they know him and using things Jirard has said in the past to make it sound legit like he knows him.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
By this time tomorrow we'll be basking or brooding in the smash aftermath.
Few will be safe from butt hurt.
I hope everyone prepared the correct choice of undergarment...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I just thought of a thread title just now related to the final smash direct and Final Fantasy. "Someday the Swamp's dream will End."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just realised, we've gone through at least 500 pages since Cloud's announcement. What number will we reach after the direct?

Leaving for real now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just realised, we've gone through at least 500 pages since Cloud's announcement. What number will we reach after the direct?

Leaving for real now.
Well, the sky is the limit since this is the last Smash presentation so...
Saying the Nintenzone Social could cumulatively reach "OVER 9000" pages is a valid answer.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm having trouble putting any stock into a "leak" that's almost more vague than Rogersbase's "leak".

I'm going to need more than "A YouTuber was flown out to react, which totally hasn't happened before" in order to believe it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Text leaks are futile at this point in the game. Even if it's true it won't prove anything definitively that waiting a day wouldn't otherwise accomplish.

I understand why they exist... if they're valid people do it for glory and if not people do it for fun, but others getting invested in one of them at this time... is just senseless..
senseless..
senseless
Found an interesting thread earlier. Not really a leak, but it is worth discussing.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/320156773
Very clever, N3ON.
Very subtle, too.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I don't believe it. Unless there something more to it it's just another text leak to me.
Deciding when to leave is like the final hours of Termina. You know the Moon (leaks) are about to fall, but there are still last minute things you want to do.

Very clever, N3ON.
Very subtle, too.
Hehehe :) It will be a long 24 hours!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Deciding when to leave is like the final hours of Termina. You know the Moon (leaks) are about to fall, but there are still last minute things you want to do.
Oh I already know when I'm leaving. It'll be when I watch three men make fun a movie about Santa Claus and an ice cream bunny.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ugh, just realized that speculation period is almost over. Not sure what I can talk about in regards to smash once the hype settles down. I joined the site for hype of smash 4, so don't really know what post period is like. Not going to stop playing though,once finals are over I'll be playing a lot more often, especially if I like the DLC. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Also, I hate how my keyboard keeps disappearing while typing on this site on mobile. Very irritating.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm gonna do what I've always done, talk about things. Speculation was just one topic out of the many. We'll find others things to discuss. We always do.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Found an interesting thread earlier. Not really a leak, but it is worth discussing.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/320156773
Okay, so, if this guy is legit, I strongly believe his friend to be TheJWittz.
He insists his friend seems interested in Simon Belmont, Waluigi, Shovel Knight from his YouTube channel.
And...
In this video, all three of those characters are in his top 5 most wanted characters.
Plus, TheJWittz has already been contacted by Nintendo once.

He could be full of it, but you never know.

Chrono.

Okay, so, if this guy is legit, I strongly believe his friend to be TheJWittz.
He insists his friend seems interested in Simon Belmont, Waluigi, Shovel Knight from his YouTube channel.
And...
In this video, all three of those characters are in his top 5 most wanted characters.
Plus, TheJWittz has already been contacted by Nintendo once.

He could be full of it, but you never know.
Could also be some shmoe pretending to be the OP.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I joined this site so I could talk about Brawl online and to meet some folks I could play with. Well, that was my intention at the time anyway, but I didn't end up playing with any of the friends I made on this site until several months later. Instead I wound up joining speculation very, very quickly.

I was pretty naive early on and also rather nervous for several months, but I do feel like being on this site has helped me mature considerably. Even without speculation there are several other portions of the site I still stick around for, such as online-talk, sub-forums of my mains, etc. Plus, this site isn't just for talking about Smash.

And in the end, I've made way too many good friends on this site to leave it. I already know what I'm gonna stay around for after the era of speculation finally comes to an end.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even though I'm growing more and more tired of speculation for this game, I might join Smash 5 speculation once that comes around.

After several years I don't doubt that it will, lol

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Hello.
I just noticed Ryu is in your signature, how long has he been there?
For a while actually, it's been there since before Ryu was announced at least. I just never got around to changing the sig to show he was revealed

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
OK, but I meant whether or not you supported him before the Ryu files were found in the 3DS datamine?
I wouldn't say I supported him exactly, but I definitely thought he would be a really cool character. And that was before the datamined files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom