• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think that's basically what I was looking for. I'll take it as, "I understand, but I don't agree."

If you didn't want to have this conversation, though, you didn't need to keep responding.
I didn't say that I didn't want to have this conversation, just that I didn't care to argue over your viewpoint; I just wanted to know how you came to the conclusion you did.

But he can change his mind right? !! Right!!?

The fact that he can doesnt discard the possibility, but hoping or expecting he will is maybe too much almost like the shadow fiasco.

Not defending ridley position precisely but more of how some Speculation is shot down and the opinion of some are looked down upon by some arguments with this kind of sureness a character chances are 0.
His chances are 0, and that, I'm 100% sure of. :denzel:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so

when this all ends

what will we do afterwards? We didn't really talk about Smash that much

but it'd be weird not having any more speculation after this..
what pokemon was i and what game?
You were a Barboach and it's a Platinum wedlocke.

I only know because you died in 3 turns and 10 minutes before you died 2 others died too lol

D

Deleted member

what pokemon was i and what game?
Barboach in Pokemon Platinum
Pic because you nerds don't know what a Barboach is

Look at his intimidating face of doom

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret24

Smash Master
Barboach in Pokemon Platinum
Pic because you nerds don't know what a Barboach is

Look at his intimidating face of doom
Well, he involves into a Pokemon immune to Master Balls, so that has to stand for something right?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To pass the time I'll make a hypothetical scenario just for fun.

What would your reaction be to the following scenario?

There actually turns out to be five DLC characters left but they are: Pichu; Wolf; Squirtle; Ivysaur and Toon Zelda with Sakurai stating that Toon Zelda was selected because "everyone was demanding her the most!" and then finishes the broadcast with a grin.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master

There actually turns out to be five DLC characters left but they are: Pichu; Wolf; Squirtle; Ivysaur and Toon Zelda with Sakurai stating that Toon Zelda was selected because "everyone was demanding her the most!" and then finishes the broadcast with a grin.
The "muh veterans" requesters got what they want.:denzel:

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

I'd be more than perfectly fine with it.

D

Deleted member

Disappointed with so many vets and that we don't even get a proper newcomer

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Well if Toon Zelda mainly used the Phantoms then I'd be happy. Also kind of disappointed that Squirtle and Iysaur would return without Pokemon Trainer coming alongside them

The "muh veterans" requesters got what they want.:denzel:
Just one problem, where's Young Link, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer and Snake, Snake, SNAAAAKE!? :cry: *starts sobbing*

Last edited:

Chrono.

That sounds really boring.

Poots

Smash Journeyman

I was actually really hoping that Toon Zelda would get in with her Phantom form from Spirit Tracks.

A new pokemon through DLC would be cool, but I feel like it would be a little overkill if we got more than one. I mean, we already have Mewtwo and DLC is meant to be pure fan-service. IMO a third pokemon DLC would just be ignoring the demand for other characters. Pichu might be okay as a third, but I can't tell if it's because he's a clone or if I'm just being biased.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

"Well, at least Wolf's back..."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Thought about it a bit, and I think I'm gonna make myself scarce till after the direct tomorrow. I'm just going to give myself this one last direct to be blind about.
Happy leaking fellas, please clean up the carpet when you're done, you know how angry mom gets when we let the floor stain from leaks. :V

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So we're still getting patches for balance so who do guys expect to get buff and nerfed? And who do you want to get buffed/nerfed?

No :4sheik::rosalina::4zss: and :4samus::4zelda::4mewtwo:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This might be a little off-topic, but I just found out about this weird game called Agario.
. The lets player is relatively small and maybe trying a little bit too much, but the gameplay is pretty hilarious XD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This might be a little off-topic, but I just found out about this weird game called Agario.
. The lets player is relatively small and maybe trying a little bit too much, but the gameplay is pretty hilarious XD.
>agario
I THOUGHT IT WAS DEAD FOR GOOD GET THAT DEMON OUTTA HERE

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Your reaction if:

Cloud, Ridley, Geno, Isaac, King K Rool all got revealed

D

Deleted member

Your reaction if:

I can't believe Cloud already has a clone smh :/
How would you react if we got all veterans returning and two more third party icons like Master Chief, Snake, Crash Bandicoot etc.
as the last characters for DLC.
Why is everyone suddenly considering Master Chef as a viable candidate?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because CineMraft Wii U apparently breaks down all barriers in regards to intercompany deals and Smash is always front and center when this happens.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just curious? For anyone who's watched the video, what critique would you give that person to improve their YouTube channel? That's actually one of my closest friends running the YouTube Channel, so it would be nice if I could help him out just a tad bit XD.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this point, I'll be satisfied with pretty much anything, though I really want Wolf to return.

Your reaction if:

Ridley alone is mindblowing

Anything else could be revealed and I wouldnt care.
Isaac and K rool are nice too
How would you react if we got all veterans returning and two more third party icons like Master Chief, Snake, Crash Bandicoot etc.
as the last characters for DLC.
all vets is weird and impossible but hey I get Snake and Ivysaur back.

I've said how Biased I am towards MC and I love Crash so that would be awesome as hell too.

Even if it's ridiculous
I can't believe Cloud already has a clone smh :/

Because Cloud has no history with Nintendo so only gaming icons can get in and that is all that matters. Hence MC

D

Deleted member

Caught a Zubat in Lost Tower
Female
Time for genderbent Champ Gold Champ Gold
Damn, Zubats come with some pretty good moves
Too bad I'll probably have to teach it Defog
Because Cloud has no history with Nintendo so only gaming icons can get in and that is all that matters. Hence MC
Cloud isn't owned by one of Nintendo's rivals though

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So we're still getting patches for balance so who do guys expect to get buff and nerfed? And who do you want to get buffed/nerfed?

No :4sheik::rosalina::4zss: and :4samus::4zelda::4mewtwo:
Well hard mode is certainly... hard...
I'll just do buffs for now. There might be some bias lol
Buffs:
:4fox: - More reliable combo throw
:4yoshi: - Buffed grab , less endlag on d-tilt, give Egg Roll a purpose
:4falco: - Autocancel lasers, faster ground speed
:4gaw: - decreased landing lag
:4pacman: - FIX HIS GRAB GOD DAMN
:4sonic:- pre-patch back throw, less landing lag on bair
:4robinm:- faster ground speed
:4shulk: - Everything
:4jigglypuff: - Everything x2

:4palutena: - Where do I begin...
Your reaction if:

Ridley and Geno would be surreal, to say the least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some Luxio used Charge and then a crit Spark on @wedl and it was bye-bye Chansey in one turn
His newly acquired partner is Champ Black who is a Zubat
Why does this keep happening? Gonna have to pray RNG Goddess allows confusion to hit
EDIT: it used Roar
I can't believe it used Roar
The Champ is saved!

Last edited by a moderator:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Wait, hold on.

Chrom has legitimate popularity? Here I thought Opossum Opossum and I were the only ones who still liked him.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
He topped a couple of online polls at the start of the ballot.

But as we know already online polls are not reliable
Interesting. I never saw that! All the polls I saw excluded characters with existing roles.

..I definitely voted for Chrom on the ballot, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom