• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What exactly is the Eggman vs Mario moustache competition going on in Twitter? :p

:231:
Click on the tweet, it should redirect you to the convo where you can see the first three messages for context:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Official Sonic Twitter posted a picture that pitted Eggman's mustache against Mario's.

Nintendo of America actually responded with how Mario's was clearly better because Eggman is too busy trapping small animals in robots to appreciate facial hair.

Sonic Twitter became ecstatic and returned some smack-talk.

The 90s war came back and everyone loves it.
I have to hand it to the people running the Sonic twitter. :laugh:

Click on the tweet, it should redirect you to the convo where you can see the first three messages for context:

I'm enjoying every second of this.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Today is the day in Japan. :cool:

Hope for PushDustIn PushDustIn he got his copy.
I didn't (yet)!

PushDustIn PushDustIn

What's this about a party?
Google Hangouts and Chill before and after the direct (I'm muting you guys/myself during the direct) depending on when it's announced and what time. I figured we could do the chat there and I/ anyone else who wants to can speak (we can also rotate so it's different people or something). We'll figure it out when the December Broadcast is announced.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
you make me feel left out ....im confused
Wait, why? What did I do? I didn't mean to! Really. D:

--

Also, could someone tell me... do we get two physical versions, ala Pokémon, in Europe when it comes to Fire Emblem Fates? I will get the Limited Edition, but I need both normal versions physically for my collection, so I thought I was gonna get the Limited one, + the other one. But I have not found any good info about if the European version of the Limited edition will have only one copy with all three campaigns on it, or if it comes with two physical games. So... I am confused. Someone halp.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there is an Ultra Smash Bros for the NX it'd need at the very least

All DLC characters (7 of them by best estimate)
Custom moves for all DLC characters
Expand representation of DLC series to be on par with on disc ones (more trophies, assist trophy ect)
A new mode to take advantage of the NX's unique features, whatever they may be.

Gravy would be

The Return of the Ice Climbers & a stage
HD Smash Run (if the NX is a portable/home hybrid it'd make sense)
A proper Melee style intro

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't mind if Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf were given their Ocarina of Time looks (and voices in Link and Ganondorf's cases) as DLC. Same thing for Marth, Roy and Ike with their respective costumes from FE3, FE6 and FE9, similar to their previous appearances in Smash. They could easily be labelled as "Classic costumes" or something similar.

Probably not gonna happen, but would be a nice addition.

Well, it's already good enough that this game already brought a lot of alternate costumes:
- Little Mac's Wire Frame model and hoodie
- Zero Suit Samus and Shulk's fanservice costumes (counting as both kinds considering they come from their own games)
- Wario's classic overalls (also in Brawl)
- gender options for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Robin
- alternate characters with Alph (for Olimar) and the Koopalings (for Bowser Jr.)
- Cloud's Advent Children outfit

That's far more than what previous Smash Bros. games did. Brawl only had Wario getting this treatment.

And let's not forget that Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Pichu were actually the first characters to have costumes instead of just color/texture swaps.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind if Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf were given their Ocarina of Time looks (and voices in Link and Ganondorf's cases) as DLC. Same thing for Marth, Roy and Ike with their respective costumes from FE3, FE6 and FE9, similar to their previous appearances in Smash. They could easily be labelled as "Classic costumes" or something similar.

Probably not gonna happen, but would be a nice addition.

Well, it's already good enough that this game already brought a lot of alternate costumes:
- Little Mac's Wire Frame model and hoodie
- Zero Suit Samus and Shulk's fanservice costumes (counting as both kinds considering they come from their own games)
- Wario's classic overalls (also in Brawl)
- gender options for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Robin
- alternate characters with Alph (for Olimar) and the Koopalings (for Bowser Jr.)
- Cloud's Advent Children outfit

That's far more than what previous Smash Bros. games did. Brawl only had Wario getting this treatment.

And let's not forget that Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Pichu were actually the first characters to have costumes instead of just color/texture swaps.
I would love to see some DLC costumes
Grandmaster Robin, Armored Mewtwo, HW Ganon, Zelda Dress Toon Link, Shulk armors and Great Lord Lucina are my most wanted costumes
Man, I really need DLC Character costumes

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys, what do you think? Would be too hard to believe on it around 97~99? =P
(maybe Link vs. Cloud would even more shocking)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys, what do you think? Would be too hard to believe on it around 97~99? =P
Wasn't Square Enix ditching Nintendo a big news back then?
And Sega Dreamcast was alive and kicking.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

yes... but that just make the things even 'better' now. I just like to think in a headcanon where the characters have nothing to do with companies business =P.
and also.. if you think about, if the development of FFVII wasn't delayed in favor to Chrono Trigger, maybe the game would be released on the SNES.. (I mean, they just changed the platform because when the resumed the project the 2D was already outdated with the N64 and the PSOne coming)... so now Cloud there is indeed a reuniting of a team. =P

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Working on a timeline on the DLC of Smash 4, starting from the Mewtwo announcement.
We are just missing Cloud's.... (By @DMurr ).

I just wrote an article about how sites/ content creators need to stop reporting on rumors without sources. Need to think if I'll actually post it on SG or not as it could be controversial (if not, I'll post it here for you guys).

Today's post is a pre-release interview with Sakurai and Miyamoto from Brawl. Check it out, it'll be up at the usual time: 2 PM, EST (I'll be sleeping :p).

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Sega Saturn, not Dreamcast. Dreamcast launched in '99 and was part of the same gen as the Gamecube, PS2, and original Xbox.

Fun fact, Q*Bert is owned by Sony.
Well seeing how everyone is cool with having Mater Chief all of a sudden...
Please tell me there's a way to revive Snake and have him rejoin the party.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Do you guys know how to find a thread that you created? I want to edit the Halloween Competition thread, but I can't find it now.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
We are just missing Cloud's.... (By @DMurr ).

I just wrote an article about how sites/ content creators need to stop reporting on rumors without sources. Need to think if I'll actually post it on SG or not as it could be controversial (if not, I'll post it here for you guys).

Today's post is a pre-release interview with Sakurai and Miyamoto from Brawl. Check it out, it'll be up at the usual time: 2 PM, EST (I'll be sleeping :p).
And expect Etika to make content with actual integrity? You'd have an easier time inventing the cure to Death.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And expect Etika to make content with actual integrity? You'd have an easier time inventing the cure to Death.
Funny thing, the only reason he reports them is because he wants to draw up conversation and for clicks.

He believes in none of them

And Sega Dreamcast was alive and kicking.

Their relationship was strung with the mainline FF series, they still produced a lot of games for the GBC and eventually GBA & GC. Yamaguchi was just a little salty over the fact that Square didn't work with the N64.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, I'm aware of that one.

Mine is in a different format and has different kind of information.
If you have a substantive and unique idea for Smash content, we would always welcome it as a guest article on Source Gaming.

That goes for everyone here, too. Of course, if you DON'T want to submit it to us that's also perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Seeing more websites report those obviously fake Daisy costumes is giving me a headache.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, Shantae's apparently doing pretty well in Japan right now. She was made for Japan.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why does Steam hate me?
Because you haven't praised GabeN enough.
Expect a request from me any second now.
Would I also be right in assuming that the other Swampasaur profile with Gumshoe as the avi is an old one?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Been behind since Monday. Finally caught up. It had been busy at work. As for your Google Hangout thing, I wouldn't be apart of it, but I love watching reaction videos. I'd totally be down to watch you all. But not in a creepy way. Unless you like that sort of thing...

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

So Chugga confirmed that people's "oh noez plot is being changed because censorship" fears were completely unfounded.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of badges, am I the only one who thinks the Badge Arcade Bunny with a summoner moveset utilizing badges would be a great eventual Smash newcomer? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom