• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Missed out on some of the type discussion but I've gotta say.
Psychic and Bug will always be the best types.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Missed out on some of the type discussion but I've gotta say.
Psychic and Bug will always be the best types.
:065::212:

I have to kind of agree....(though they are not Dragon, Dark, or Ghost so I still disagree)

But the real question is....When are we getting a Bug/Psychic?
Heck some of the moths and butterflies we have might as well be...:049:

One of my most wanted pokemon for the next game is a Bug/Psychic Moon moth made to be a counterpart to Volcarona...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I agree that Gen 5's starters were the weakest...

:4bowser:vs.:4ganondorf: is live...
I knew Ganon would win, but that was some finish literally getting eaten then destroying Bowser from inside...:p

I'm just glad there was no BS like in Peach vs. Zelda...

And Ratchet & Clank are next...probably going to fight Jak & Daxter or something
Did you think the Death Curse was legit or it was just Gohma being parasite in the Great Deku Tree's body? Many are confused as to it's another of Death Battle's made up BS for a nice victory or not (especially after seeing the spoilers since Monday of how the researchers wanted Bowser to win).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like Pelipper tho. I mean, I never play competitive and like Pokémon based on design and typing alone, so I don't have those bad experiences.

:231:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like Pelipper tho. I mean, I never play competitive and like Pokémon based on design and typing alone, so I don't have those bad experiences.

My experiences with Pelipper aren't from a competitive stand-point however...it's from in game battles and headaches with grinding in Hoenn that made me dislike it...

Did you think the Death Curse was legit or it was just Gohma being parasite in the Great Deku Tree's body? Many are confused as to it's another of Death Battle's made up BS for a nice victory or not (especially after seeing the spoilers since Monday of how the researchers wanted Bowser to win).
I actually think it's a combination of the two tbh...Ganondorf was after the Kokiri Emerald to enter the sacred realm and placed the curse on the Deku Tree as a result...and Gohma pretty much was the curse...so it's a little complicated since he technically did, but also kinda didn't...
I don't really think it matters that much since the end result would've likely been the same regardless since the most important piece of information was the fact that Ganon was only really vulnerable to weapons and artifacts that are made to repel evil, such as the Master Sword................and fishing rods

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pelipper is every Nuzlocker's best friend
Being the only Pokemon in Hoenn that can learn Protect by the time of the fifth gym, it completely trivializes Norman's Slakings

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pelipper is every Nuzlocker's best friend
Being the only Pokemon in Hoenn that can learn Protect by the time of the fifth gym, it completely trivializes Norman's Slakings
There's a few pokemon that can learn protect at this point however....or detect, like a certain gem munching cave goblin with no weaknesses (back in Gen 3 at least)

Either way you don't need Protect if you're immune to Slaking's STAB moves and Focus Punch...:p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As much as I agree that Gen 5's starters were the weakest...

:4bowser:vs.:4ganondorf: is live...
I knew Ganon would win, but that was some finish literally getting eaten then destroying Bowser from inside...:p

I'm just glad there was no BS like in Peach vs. Zelda...

And Ratchet & Clank are next...probably going to fight Jak & Daxter or something
Ah, I think this was a the first time I really wanted one side to win. Oh well, I was hoping Bowser would win.

I enjoyed the SMRPG and Jojo references though.

Though I wonder why Bowser decide to eat Ganon. That's not what he usually does, afaik.
My experiences with Pelipper aren't from a competitive stand-point however...it's from in game battles and headaches with grinding in Hoenn that made me dislike it...
Well, I caght a Wingull and trained it, so...

D

Deleted member

There's a few pokemon that can learn protect at this point however....or detect, like a certain gem munching cave goblin with no weaknesses (back in Gen 3 at least)

Either way you don't need Protect if you're immune to Slaking's STAB moves and Focus Punch...:p
Pelipper is the only Pokemin able to learn it early enough and to be avaible for Norman(at least in Gen 3)
Norman is at early 30s while most Pokemon learn it at late 30s onwards
Sableye is almost impossible to obtain in a Hoenn Nuzlocke as it only appears in the deep floors of Granite Cave, a required area early in the game(when you most need catches), so unless you purposely avoid encounters until you can explore the other floors, you won't have a chance to get it
Even if you do, it has a 20% chance at most(or none at all in Ruby) so I hope you abuse those Dupes Clause

And no other Ghost Pokemon is normally avaible at that point iirc

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Altaria I've had a personal vendetta against since childhood because it shouldn't be a dragon and for some reason I can't put it past me.
Bronzong, until gen 6, was a Pokemon that was very bulky with 2 type weaknesses. It's 2 abilities got rid of those weaknesses.

And... I've just never liked Looker. Maybe it's because I've played the AA game and all I see in him is Gumshoe but without the humor or kind of likability that comes from being that guy who puts himself in worse situations to make sure that everything goes as it should but... Looker just has never been a character I've enjoyed. In Platinum he's shoe-horned into the story and just pads out more time and that was supposed to be his grad unveil. n X/Y, while him taking in the-girl-whose-name-I've-already-forgotten was heart warming for the bit of time, his raw incompetence and shoving you around like a workslave just was not appealing to me.
Fluffy singing cloud dragon is sad. :( But ah, that makes sense about Bronzor/Bronzong. I thought it was from an actual Pokemon standpoint instead, instead of a Zubat like situation. I agree that Bronzong is incredibly annoying to face. :p

Here's my thing with Looker: he's probably one of the more human characters in the series, and one that has suffered a tremendous amount of loss. This is a guy who's trying his best to take down criminals for the Pokemon equivalent of Interpol without the help of Pokemon. That Croagunk he had in that one scene in Platinum? Heavily implied to have been killed in the line of duty between then and XY. Plus in XY he's on the verge of losing his office due to all of his other issues piling up.

And then there's the burden of his actual job. As a member of the International Police he needs to be anywhere he's assigned to at a moment's notice. As seen at the end of the Looker sidequest in XY, it details just exactly how much he needs to sacrifice to keep his job.

And then keep all of that along with the fact that it's implied he hasn't really gotten a grasp on the Sinnoh language yet (which also, of course, implies that Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos speak different languages, as the accent is dropped in Kalos specifically) and it makes him more likable too, IMO.

Plus, I mean, if you go by the anime he's kind of a badass.

So basically what I'm trying to say is Looker for Smash NX.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ah, I think this was a the first time I really wanted one side to win. Oh well, I was hoping Bowser would win.

Though I wonder why Bowser decide to eat Ganon. That's not what he usually does, afaik.

I guess it's a DeathBattle thing...like with Blanka and Pikachu

I always went with Swellow for my bird in Hoenn, if not Swellow then I waited until I could catch a Skarmory...

which both ended up being replaced by Salamence :p

Pelipper is the only Pokemin able to learn it early enough and to be avaible for Norman(at least in Gen 3)
Norman is at early 30s while most Pokemon learn it at late 30s onwards
Sableye is almost impossible to obtain in a Hoenn Nuzlocke as it only appears in the deep floors of Granite Cave, a required area early in the game(when you most need catches), so unless you purposely avoid encounters until you can explore the other floors, you won't have a chance to get it
Even if you do, it has a 20% chance at most(or none at all in Ruby) so I hope you abuse those Dupes Clause

And no other Ghost Pokemon is normally avaible at that point iirc
I almost never play a regular Nuzlocke...Randomized Nuzlockes or bust...gives me a better chance to use different Pokemon than basically getting stuck with the same crap for the early parts of the game...which is usually why I play nuzlockes in the first place so I get an opportunity to use new pokemon I wouldn't use otherwise...

I did do a regular Nuzlocke once in Y though, and fell in love with Roserade in the process after encountering a Budew early on...though I usually do Wonderlockes otherwise...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess it's a DeathBattle thing...like with Blanka and Pikachu

I always went with Swellow for my bird in Hoenn, if not Swellow then I waited until I could catch a Skarmory...

which both ended up being replaced by Salamence :p
I'll admit that using Wingull is more trouble than it's worth - If Treeko falls to Roxie's Nosepass, you have essentially lost as Wingull is dead due to Flying's weakness to Rock.

But I persevered. :4miibrawl:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Normally I went with Salamence or Flygon for my Flying type; sometimes Rayquaza.
Hard as all hell to train, but it was worth it.

Burruni

Smash Hero

To be fair.
When you're a giant fire breathing monster, a pig is nothing but bacon you can cook as you eat it!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'll admit that using Wingull is more trouble than it's worth - If Treeko falls to Roxie's Nosepass, you have essentially lost as Wingull is dead due to Flying's weakness to Rock.

But I persevered. :4miibrawl:

My question is...why are you fighting Roxie when you still have only a Treecko? :/
Flying type
Don't worry I get confused sometimes as well...

Though not as confused as when I first saw Trapinch evolve into Vibrava...

'Why is this bug learning Dragonbreath?'

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Oh right it's not a Flying type. :facepalm:
I get so used to giving it Fly that I forget it's not of that type.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love Flygon and **** the haters.

A lot of Gen 3 Pokemon are great

• The starters
  • Swellow
  • Hariyama
  • Sableye
  • Ninjask
  • Breloom
  • Gardevoir
  • Torkal
  • Sharpedo
  • Mightyena
  • Dusclops
  • Metagross
  • All th Legendaries aside from Jirachi
  • Servipor

And the Pokemon based of the new games

The only gen with the worst Pokemon was Gen 4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think my Emerald team had Camerupt, Aggron, Flygon, Pelliper, Sceptile and Gardevoir. Hariyama was there too sometimes.

Yeah, I kept Camerupt despite its terrible typing. I like it that much.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My question is...why are you fighting Roxie when you still have only a Treecko? :/

It makes more sense when you realize what animal Trapinch's line is based on: the Antlion.

Basically it starts out as a bug that's essentially a Sarlacc (Trapinch) that, after metamorphosis, turns into a dragonfly-like bug.

Also it's Roxanne, Fal. Roxie's the Poison leader from BW2. :p

Saw Death Battle. Who I wanted to win won so that's nice

Also The next challenger is someone who has been requested for a loooooooong time. They will probably because of just how absurd that arsenal is, and compared to their requested opponent who has like 0 powers. . . well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can't really say I know of a Gen with the "most worst Pokemon". They all have their hits and misses. There's not really one point where all Pokemon simply suck and that's that.

It reminds me of a similar blanket statement: "Modern music is terrible." So you're just going to judge an entire generation of music because of a few easy targets people like to kick around? Well whatever gets you those likes...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I love Flygon and **** the haters.

A lot of Gen 3 Pokemon are great

• The starters
  • Swellow
  • Hariyama
  • Sableye
  • Ninjask
  • Breloom
  • Gardevoir
  • Torkal
  • Sharpedo
  • Mightyena
  • Dusclops
  • Metagross
  • All th Legendaries aside from Jirachi
  • Servipor

And the Pokemon based of the new games

The only gen with the worst Pokemon was Gen 4.
Lists awesome pokemon from Hoenn...
Forgets Salamence, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Tropius, Milotic, Shiftry, and

Gen 4 had some awesome pokemon itself though...a lot of the evolved from previous Gen pokemon were kinda lame, but for the most part it was still a pretty solid line-up...

It makes more sense when you realize what animal Trapinch's line is based on: the Antlion.

Basically it starts out as a bug that's essentially a Sarlacc (Trapinch) that, after metamorphosis, turns into a dragonfly-like bug.

Also it's Roxanne, Fal. Roxie's the Poison leader from BW2. :p
Well an Ant-lion isn't a dragonfly (Yanmega no dragon typing why GameFreak?)...though my point was that it literally evolved into a bug, which I expected since I knew about Ant-lions...but yet was Dragon type and it sorta blindsided me since I wasn't expecting this little sand trap thing to turn into a dragon...

also why didn't I catch the Roxie, Roxanne mistake

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just watched the new Death Battle.
I called it in my mind beforehand that Ganon was going to destroy Bowser in this fight, though I wasn't rooting for anyone here since I like both characters. I did like the tennis part of the fight when Bowser and Ganon kept exchanging those energy blasts back and forth until it culminated with Bowser using his shell to reflect them and damage to Ganon.

Next battle is probably going to be Ratchet and Clank vs Jak and Daxter. I'm not too familiar with either characters, but considering it was a long-requested fight, hopefully it'll be a good one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jak and Daxter should beat Rachet and Clank.

Jak has supernatural powers and their tech is comparable.

Admittedly, Rachet's stuff is ridiculous but still technology.

Is this Precursor stuff? I don't actually remember him using any of those powers in the game.

Unless you count the White/Dark eco which isn't that powerful. Not to mention is very limited.

their tech is comparable.
Jak has some armor pads

Ratchet has super powered techno armor (including a power up that makes him invulnerable)

Ratchet has every super powered end game weapon (The Harbinger's rainbow death lasers, multiple vaporizing weapons, sheepinator)

Jak has supernova and a few guns, when compared to Ratchet's insane arsenal, are absurdly weak. Purple gun is only one worth mentioning

Ratchet has a space ship that fires nukes if I remember correctly

Jak has cars.

Ratchet has Clank, who can turn into a giant mech that could probably one shot Jak just by stepping on him, let alone the missles and that energy ball ow whatever it was he had.

Jak has Daxter who can. . . be snarky.

Unless there is some crazy power Jak has I don't remember from being Marrs or whatever he is I don't see Jak pulling this one off.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I can imagine a battle that lasts three seconds when Ratchet whips out one of the silly transformation weapon. Then again bosses are immune to it so...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shows what I know about them...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is this Precursor stuff? I don't actually remember him using any of those powers in the game.

Unless you count the White/Dark eco which isn't that powerful. Not to mention is very limited.

Jak has some armor pads

Ratchet has super powered techno armor (including a power up that makes him invulnerable)

Ratchet has every super powered end game weapon (The Harbinger's rainbow death lasers, multiple vaporizing weapons, sheepinator)

Jak has supernova and a few guns, when compared to Ratchet's insane arsenal, are absurdly weak. Purple gun is only one worth mentioning

Ratchet has a space ship that fires nukes if I remember correctly

Jak has cars.

Ratchet has Clank, who can turn into a giant mech that could probably one shot Jak just by stepping on him, let alone the missles and that energy ball ow whatever it was he had.

Jak has Daxter who can. . . be snarky.

Unless there is some crazy power Jak has I don't remember from being Marrs or whatever he is I don't see Jak pulling this one off.

In before they pull something out from the Lost Frontier game

In before they pull something out from the Lost Frontier game
This is exactly what I fear.

I remember one or two powers he had but hey weren't too much.
I know Daxter got some stuff but nothing Clank can't squish.

Plus that flying ship still has nothing on Ratchet's ship.

But I never finished that piece of **** game so for all I know he turns into god and rebuilds the world. . .
Shows what I know about them...
Ratchet, Jak, and Sly cooper were pretty much my favorite PS2 games and the PS2 was my childhood. I have strong opinions on this one. :p

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Actually it'd be neat if we saw Ridley in an upcoming DeathBattle...only thing is who'd be his opponent?

D

Deleted member

So, I downloaded Miitomo
I like to think I'm a mature person even though I know that's a lie
Screenshot_2016-04-06-14-44-03-1.png

I also spent almost all of my coins on clothing
Rip me
Btw, how do I add friends without being from a social media?
And where am I supposed to use those game tickets?

So, I downloaded Miitomo
View attachment 103084
Rip me
You can only add friends by being in person without social media.

Game tickets are for Mii drop.
(Under the shop tab)

D

Deleted member

You can only add friends by being in person without social media.

Game tickets are for Mii drop.
(Under the shop tab)
Alright, thanks
*tries to dig up Twitter account I barely use*
Aight, found it
*forgot password*
*some minutes later*
Done, I'll leave it her--
*has no idea on how to find my url*
Uh, anyone can help me here? :lol:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, I downloaded Miitomo
View attachment 103084
Rip me
Just a heads up.

Make sure your phone has enough internal memory. The game occupies about 700 MB.

Alright, thanks
*tries to dig up Twitter account I barely use*
Aight, found it
*forgot password*
*some minutes later*
Done, I'll leave it her--
*has no idea on how to find my url*
Uh, anyone can help me here? :lol:
Link your profile. (Click on your photo i think?)

Barely been on NeoGAF and someone already made a halo 3 ODST thread. FeelsGoodMan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom