• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Speaking of rosters, I made this in response to someone else's "Gaming All-Stars" roster.

View attachment 97303

Only rule is no two characters per franchise.
I have included "b-list" icons, such as Nightmare, Sora, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Organization for anyone not familiar with who owns who:
Row 1: [ Nintendo ] - [ Bandai Namco ]
Row 2: [ Capcom ] - [ Konami ] - [ NetherRealm Studios ]
Row 3: [ Square Enix ] - [ Activision Blizzard ] [ Ubisoft ]
Row 4: [ SEGA ] - [ Koei Tecmo ] - [ Microsoft ] - [ SCE ]

I would have added a Warcraft rep but there was no icons.
I think the list looks very solid. Sora is actually Disney from what I understand. I really feel that Sora is one of those characters that should be in Smash (I would consider him A tier because a lot of people know him). He already has a lot of personality in how he moves. Legal issues might hold him back though.

Question: Who is Marcus Fenix?

Edit:

Barring Atlus titles? Not really.
The only SEGA series outside of Poyo Poyo that have seen any love after the dreamcast bombing I can think of is the second NiGHTs game, the one-off Billy Hatcher game, Super Monkey Ball, and I think Chu Chu Rocket got another game.
Gears of War Protag

AKA chainsaw guns guy

EDIT smashoards I refreshed. Now you're telling me you missed 3 posts from 3 minutes ago? Cmon boards step up your game
I think the list looks very solid. Sora is actually Disney from what I understand. I really feel that Sora is one of those characters that should be in Smash (I would consider him A tier because a lot of people know him). He already has a lot of personality in how he moves. Legal issues might hold him back though.
Second most wanted 3rd party (after Edea Lee)

Dude has history with Nintendo and moveset potential out the wazoo.

Will probably never be in smash. Real shame.

Me wanting something in smash immediately makes it infeasible

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of rosters, I made this in response to someone else's "Gaming All-Stars" roster.

View attachment 97303

Only rule is no two characters per franchise.
I have included "b-list" icons, such as Nightmare, Sora, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Organization for anyone not familiar with who owns who:
Row 1: [ Nintendo ] - [ Bandai Namco ]
Row 2: [ Capcom ] - [ Konami ] - [ NetherRealm Studios ]
Row 3: [ Square Enix ] - [ Activision Blizzard ] [ Ubisoft ]
Row 4: [ SEGA ] - [ Koei Tecmo ] - [ Microsoft ] - [ SCE ]

I would have added a Warcraft rep but there was no icons.
Minor nitpick, but Sora should be after Slime if anything, since Sora himself is owned by Disney. :p Someone else already mentioned it, but eh.

I really like it! None of the characters really stick out as being too D-Listy, or even C-Listy. Honestly the only thing I'd probably do is add some Valve (Heavy/Gordon/Chell probably) and Rockstar (at least a GTA character, maybe Niko Bellic?). And probably Frogger too, since his game's so well known, but that's just me, plus we have a lot of Konami already. And maybe Sackboy to SCE. All in all I just love this. Great job! :D

Also I'm not gonna name names, but I can tell by some of the responses that certain people in this thread are very Nintendo-centric when it comes to what is and isn't iconic. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also I'm not gonna name names, but I can tell by some of the responses that certain people in this thread are very Nintendo-centric when it comes to what is and isn't iconic. :laugh:
Yup.

More to life than Nintendo. :p

I got your chainsaws and guns

Dude. I love Evil Dead.

I wish there were good games for it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's going to be difficult IMO for Bayo to be multi-platform again.

Nintendo has rights over a lot of stuff created for Bayonetta 2. According to the Smash Bros. Sound Test (shout out to PushDustIn PushDustIn for telling me this info!), the music for Bayo2 is entirely owned by Nintendo.

On the official Smash website, Nintendo is listed on the copyrights for Bayonetta. Copyright info in Bayonetta 2 has Nintendo as owners along with Sega. The game also had some developmental help from Nintendo's in-house staff.

Legally speaking, if a Bayonetta 3 is to be created, should the game have any allusion to Bayonetta 2, Nintendo needs to be credited and provide authorization to use such assets.

It's kind of a Geno situation, so to speak. Bayonetta is a Sega franchise, but content created for Bayonetta 2 is owned by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Apparently Condemned: Criminal Origins, Streets of Rage II and Binary Domain will be free tomorrow.
FREEEEEEEEEEEE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

:4pacman:
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Remember the rule of Triple A releases:

"NEVER buy first day."

Launch Day: THE **** IS THIS **** THIS ISN'T MARIO 5 WEH
As soon as the Gamecube Era ended: THISISTHEBESTGAMEEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<3

Is a good game
But it never really clicked into anyone's mind that it was good until the Wii was launched.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't had a sony system in forever and the only titles I had for it were Squre-Enix games.

So, I have no idea what's iconic to Sony in the slightest

But I've had every XBOX console except XBONE

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Team Flare (or Lysandre at least) = Social Darwinists who hate humanity and wish to purge everything and recreate it into a better society.
Yeah beside Bishie Ganondorf none of them had a solid goal and it seemed most of them were there to not get lasered and laugh at the peasants. Not to mention Xerosic randomly becoming a good guy in the after game out of nowhere. That story was a mess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. People hate games at launch almost always.

The hate soon calms down and then people start to like them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What the hell is GLaDoS even doing there?
You don't have hands.
You can't play cards.
IIRC she was the dealer in that game.

Which doesn't make much more sense.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man.
I've been largely underwhelmed by the Pokemon Villains post Rocket.
Aqua & Magma are just eco terrorists. Maxie's a rock that talks and Archie's a brute.
Galactic has the absolute most stupid looking team and gods Cyrus is the only one of the group to feel any power but on the whole has a really stupid plan.
Ghetis is absolutely glorious. Plasma is still dumb.
Flare just felt like such a massive non-entity even in their own game.

Edit:
Shantae.
(Marisa Kirisame)
Quote.
I actually think it'd be kinda cool to see a female Team Boss for once (as long as she's done right)...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Heavy and Max
I dunno
I'm pretty sure in that game you can hear Heavy talking about how he'll make a Hat out of Max
And look how that ended

I don't think I'd want to be around that guy when he isn't donning his Fuzzy Mittens and Toque

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Why do that when I can play against the Heavy and Max AND Strongbad??
Heavy and Strong Bad alone are enough to make me want Poker Night at the Inventory. Only thing stopping me is my Steam wallet only having US $0.14... Hopefully this can be resolved soon so I can get other games too. That said - any thoughts/recommendations on which version of Resident Evil 4 I should get? PC or Gamecube?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone combined Undertale music with Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness music. Surprisingly good.

Add another one to the list of "silly warnings"

+context

So this is waht Push meant when he said moderating is fun
Those two songs work so well together, considering the characters they're the themes of. :p Two characters with some of the best dance moves and theme songs. :D

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That isn't a big image at all, Ninten
Pls
It's like 1/2 the size of the Sans stopsign
Plus if you fear something being too big, just put it in a [ quote ] [ /quote ] if it's really bugging you unless you're 100% certain it's too big

****ing savage

"Nobody should have to have any worries when attending events! Trans, CIS, purple, elves, even Sonic mains. Everyone should be able to waltz in worry free, pal around with the other players, and smash some bros." -Nyani

Source: Front page of smashboards
http://smashboards.com/threads/transcending-barriers-transgender-women-in-smash.431200/
SAVAGE/10
CAAAAALMDOWN

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That isn't a big image at all, Ninten
Pls
It's like 1/2 the size of the Sans stopsign
Plus if you fear something being too big, just put it in a [ quote ] [ /quote ] if it's really bugging you unless you're 100% certain it's too big

SAVAGE/10
CAAAAALMDOWN
Actually it shrank.

Wiki images do that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I also added Swamp back into the title this morning. Moderating can be fun, especially if you are of the Salt Lord blood. (does that even make sense?)

Just had a random idea:
Rerecord "there is life outside your apartment" from Avenue Q to "there is more to life than Nintendo".

Autocorrect

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Gravity Falls, I just found this pic
FB_IMG_1455638219988.jpg

This is the first time I cried because of a show since Zatch Bell

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I'm gonna tell you guys about my really odd shipping that I thought up... Ready?

X
Why are you staring at me like that?
(Also no it's not romantic)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom